FOIA information request (George Waters) info and questions.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hello, to enlarge the notes; click on the tile, right click and open in new window, a new window opens and now you can enlarge the text accordingly.

Ok, I just now read the documents that were posted. I just wanted to say to Annasmom that I can only imagine how it must have felt, after all this time to read the documents. I feel for you! I felt like someone slapped me in the face to read that GW didn't want you to know his whereabouts and that he so casually admits, as if it were not a big deal, that he hadn't seen Anna since the divorce. I am so sorry! I wonder sometimes how you deal with this. Your love for Anna over yourself is evidenced by the fact that, day after day, you open old wounds with the dim hope that we will find the truth. I just wanted to tell you that I love you!

Ok, I just now read the documents that were posted. I just wanted to say to Annasmom that I can only imagine how it must have felt, after all this time to read the documents. I feel for you! I felt like someone slapped me in the face to read that GW didn't want you to know his whereabouts and that he so casually admits, as if it were not a big deal, that he hadn't seen Anna since the divorce. I am so sorry! I wonder sometimes how you deal with this. Your love for Anna over yourself is evidenced by the fact that, day after day, you open old wounds with the dim hope that we will find the truth. I just wanted to tell you that I love you!

Ditto!

The FBI 2nd attachment has the date wrong when Anna disappeared! They have January 16, 1976. Now, if they were investigating several incidences during the time Anna vanished, ie: crime in the area, places of interest for suspects, this date is 3 years in advance of the actual year Anna went missing.

Q: Would this be of importance? Should the FBI be informed of this wrong date?

Q: They stated Anna was perhaps drowned however still a missing person's case in San Mateo County, did they not try to dig up anything on George Brody? only Waters?

Thanks!

The FBI 2nd attachment has the date wrong when Anna disappeared! They have January 16, 1976. Now, if they were investigating several incidences during the time Anna vanished, ie: crime in the area, places of interest for suspects, this date is 3 years in advance of the actual year Anna went missing.

Q: Would this be of importance? Should the FBI be informed of this wrong date?

Q: They stated Anna was perhaps drowned however still a missing person's case in San Mateo County, did they not try to dig up anything on George Brody? only Waters?

Thanks!

The date is wrong by three years and the name is also wrong (Anna Christine). The Victim/Witness report filed by the date Dec. 2, 1996 even has the name wrong (Christine Waters). I did not include this in the scans. The NamUS report has come up with a mole on her neck which I never saw and neglects to mention the (indestructable) rubber boots she was wearing when she disappeared in 1973. I certainly would not call her brownish blonde hair "strawberry blonde". There was no red in it at all.

Are you getting the impression that the FBI had just made up their minds about what happened, even in the absence of physical evidence, and were eager to close this case? When, on the day she disappeared, we tried to file a missing persons report, we were told that we could not do this until 24 hours had passed.

At this point, especially considering all the red tape we had to go through to get these papers, I don't see much point in trying to correct them. Please tell me if you disagree, however, since I am not the only one making decisions here.

i think they should be informed its always good to let them know of the errors. they had what if something came up and they didnt think to check it against her file because of the dates?

The date is wrong by three years and the name is also wrong (Anna Christine). The Victim/Witness report filed by the date Dec. 2, 1996 even has the name wrong (Christine Waters). I did not include this in the scans. The NamUS report has come up with a mole on her neck which I never saw and neglects to mention the (indestructable) rubber boots she was wearing when she disappeared in 1973. I certainly would not call her brownish blonde hair "strawberry blonde". There was no red in it at all.

Are you getting the impression that the FBI had just made up their minds about what happened, even in the absence of physical evidence, and were eager to close this case? When, on the day she disappeared, we tried to file a missing persons report, we were told that we could not do this until 24 hours had passed.

At this point, especially considering all the red tape we had to go through to get these papers, I don't see much point in trying to correct them. Please tell me if you disagree, however, since I am not the only one making decisions here.

~~
Hi, Not sure what the FBI were thinking at that time, I do think they are trained to be exact, no errors are acceptable on their part. I would definitely contact them - the contact you may have now and mention these errors. Afterall, this is a missing person's case, a very important one at that!

Also, while we're at it, do we know if George Brody was investigated by the FBI? I realize an alias maybe the result but perhaps he didn't change his name, would they have anything on this man at all? I would be very interested to learn about this.

Annasmom,

FWIW, I think the info on NamUs may have come from older data. I know it was 'doc dumped' for lack of a better word from NCMEC into NamUs. I also think the choice for hair color reads Blonde/Strawberry blonde as a single option and the two are not seperated.

I'm not sure about the FBI stuff but wanted to share what I knew about NamUs based on using it.

hth

~~
Hi, Not sure what the FBI were thinking at that time, I do think they are trained to be exact, no errors are acceptable on their part. I would definitely contact them - the contact you may have now and mention these errors. Afterall, this is a missing person's case, a very important one at that!

Also, while we're at it, do we know if George Brody was investigated by the FBI? I realize an alias maybe the result but perhaps he didn't change his name, would they have anything on this man at all? I would be very interested to learn about this.

They did create a file on Brody, another one on Waters, and the one they sent us on Anna's disappearance. They did not send anything from the other files.

They did create a file on Brody, another one on Waters, and the one they sent us on Anna's disappearance. They did not send anything from the other files.

~~
If Brody had been convicted in the past or had crime in his background, the FBI may have his fingerprints. I wish we knew if they checked files they already had when this happened.

Perhaps they did check and had nothing on a GB, then 1. created a new file on Brody. It would be nice to know if he was ever involved in crime before Anna under the name George Brody, the FBI would also have alias names for him if they knew about him... I can't see why on earth GB hid away in motels, relied on other folk for a living, what was he hiding from? or who?

FWIW, if you have a copy of his death certificate, you can get his file, if it hasn't been destroyed. I was able to ask for GW's, but it had been destroyed only 6 months prior to me inquiring.

FWIW, if you have a copy of his death certificate, you can get his file, if it hasn't been destroyed. I was able to ask for GW's, but it had been destroyed only 6 months prior to me inquiring.

Why WHY WHY?? When it is just as easy to run a sheet of paper through a scanner as it is a shredder! Why ever destroy anything of that nature when there is limitless capability to digitally store everything?

Why WHY WHY?? When it is just as easy to run a sheet of paper through a scanner as it is a shredder! Why ever destroy anything of that nature when there is limitless capability to digitally store everything?
I received a letter dated July 12 regarding my request April 5 for information on George Brody. The letter says "Records which may be responsive to your...request were destroyed on August 21, 2003." Apparently records are sent to the National Archives and Records Administration, so they are not actually destroyed, but it is another whole long involved process to get them. If anybody has the energy to do this (I'm afraid I do not), I have the file number and will happily turn it over.

I received a letter dated July 12 regarding my request April 5 for information on George Brody. The letter says "Records which may be responsive to your...request were destroyed on August 21, 2003." Apparently records are sent to the National Archives and Records Administration, so they are not actually destroyed, but it is another whole long involved process to get them. If anybody has the energy to do this (I'm afraid I do not), I have the file number and will happily turn it over.

I got a similar letter when they responded to GW's records that were destroyed. I sent you the letter IIRC and I did write them. The response was that if I had a problem with what they did, (destroying the information) I could sue them. So I called and the man at the other end was to say the least "angry " about me asking if there were any files that may still be around. So you can write, but if they were destroyed, they are gone. But not reading your letter, I could be wrong. If you want to post it, we can look into it, or send it email to me.

Bless your heart! I am in the process of moving to Colorado ... will be leaving on Thursday, actually. Once I get all of this behind me and settled I will try to help with this!

I am not sure if I can be of any help, but I live in the DC area. If there is anything physically stored which can be accessed by a personal visit/research, let me know and I will gladly go in person. Everything may be digital now or stored where only gov't officials have access. But if anything requires a visit in person to a local agency or archives, I'll be glad to assist.

Annasmom, I have read your book, and read almost every single post about Anna (I think... ) over the past couple of years of being here on WS. With the holidays approaching and having two small children myself, my heart goes out to you... You have shown extraordinary strength, determination, and dedication to your daughter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GowBuj
Back