Food and Recipes while under Coronavirus quarantine #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We have no travel plans for the holiday weekend and don't feel up to hosting a family gathering. We like to do ribs once during the summer and will grill a rack tomorrow. I will prep the baby back ribs later today with a dry rub and let them sit in the fridge overnight. While they're roasting in the oven tomorrow, I'll make a glaze to brush on the ribs when we put them on the grill. I'm also going to prep baked beans today, put them in my beanpot and refrigerate overnight, then put them in the oven tomorrow while the ribs roast. DH got some rich chocolate fudge mini cakes at Costco for our holiday dessert, and we also have a whole watermelon. I'll make a main dish pasta salad over the weekend. Mostly we're just going to try to stay cool, read, and relax.

Whatever your plans for the 4th of July, please be safe and enjoy your time with family and friends.

Sounds like the LAST installment! Interesting that the bun was the only thing they didn't like on their burgers.
There has been a major shakeup at WDIV, but I didn't realize it included writers and/or other off-screen personnel. Longtime TV personalities were offered buyouts and have left their various positions as of this week. Looks like writers and behind-the-scenes personnel were offered buyouts or were let go for whatever reasons. It will be interesting to see how the local station moves forward.

Baby back ribs and baked beans ready to go into the oven later this afternoon. Beans will need additional liquid - maybe a splash of Bourbon :D, and I will make a glaze to baste the ribs when we grill them for dinner. DH cut up a whole watermelon. I think our 4th of July dinner will be very nice.

Happy 4th of July!

No fancy fourth stuff going on here. 93 deg, heat index 109 deg and some clouds are moving thru. The strawberry bed needs a drink!

I made a Cesar salad and some spaghetti for dinner. The other day, I made the meat sauce from my marina in the freezer.

The annual “bombing” of the ‘hood has begun. Lucy the beagle is more interested in the people she sees out the window than the noises & sky sparkles. Of course, jumping in the garden bed to rescue her ball is always important!

Attachments

• IMG_5238.jpeg
    IMG_5238.jpeg
    219.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5217.jpeg
    IMG_5217.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 5
We have no travel plans for the holiday weekend and don't feel up to hosting a family gathering. We like to do ribs once during the summer and will grill a rack tomorrow. I will prep the baby back ribs later today with a dry rub and let them sit in the fridge overnight. While they're roasting in the oven tomorrow, I'll make a glaze to brush on the ribs when we put them on the grill. I'm also going to prep baked beans today, put them in my beanpot and refrigerate overnight, then put them in the oven tomorrow while the ribs roast. DH got some rich chocolate fudge mini cakes at Costco for our holiday dessert, and we also have a whole watermelon. I'll make a main dish pasta salad over the weekend. Mostly we're just going to try to stay cool, read, and relax.

Whatever your plans for the 4th of July, please be safe and enjoy your time with family and friends.
Today we made a big batch of 'Pork Tenderloin Surprises' on our Grill. This is one of my favorite meals.

I am trying like heck to figure out how to transfer a picture from my I-Phone to this site. Not so much success yet, but I will keep trying until I figure it out!!

In a nutshell, the recipe goes as follows:
Cut about 1# piece of pork tenderloin into 4 pieces. Trim off only the silver skin.
Cut a medium sized tomato into 4 slices
Cut a medium sized sweet onion into 4 slices
Cut a green pepper into 4 square pieces

To assemble:
Cross cross two strips of bacon.
Next layer, Pork Tenderloin, sweet onion, tomato then green pepper to make a bundle.
Bring up ends of bacon to secure the bundle with 4 (or more) with toothpicks.

Grill on MOM (med/off/med) for about 55 minutes.

I usually served with Wild Rice (Uncle Bens)

I will figure out how to post this picture even if it is the end of me.....

No fancy fourth stuff going on here. 93 deg, heat index 109 deg and some clouds are moving thru. The strawberry bed needs a drink!

I made a Cesar salad and some spaghetti for dinner. The other day, I made the meat sauce from my marina in the freezer.

The annual “bombing” of the ‘hood has begun. Lucy the beagle is more interested in the people she sees out the window than the noises & sky sparkles. Of course, jumping in the garden bed to rescue her ball is always important!
LOVE Cesar salad!! Favorite of all time is Alton Brown's way of making a Cesar salad. It's pretty much all tossed together tableside. Here's his recipe:
I had this salad and it was SOOO good I'll never forget how good it was, let's put it that way. Had to use pretty good parmesan cheese, used Tillamook, I think. BEST salad EVER!

Neighbors all around me were setting off fireworks until the early hours of the morning. In my neighborhood fireworks have always been hugely popular.

Seriously some of the neighbors have fireworks that look to be the same as those used in professional fireworks displays. How much money do they spend on fireworks??

And you can see and hear the city’s professional fireworks show from our backyard.

My yorkie gets a little uneasy during fireworks but my cat hides, and I am dog sitting for a friend and her dog was absolutely terrified. They live in a rural area so the poor pup has probably never heard fireworks, at least not like in my neighborhood where they were being set off all around us as well as at the city’s show.

She refused to go outside even when I put her on her leash. Finally after the fireworks stopped she barked to go out.

None of us got much sleep here last night.

Well, my partner and and I have the house to ourselves for the first time in FOREVER. Mum is in Japan, housemate just left to drive to Melbourne to visit her family... so we ordered wine and vodka Cruisers to be delivered with the groceries!

Partner just cooked a tomato and vegetable pasta thing for dinner while playing Green Day through our portable speaker. We each have a mini bottle of Tread Softly Rose , and we're watching new Junior Bake Off.

LOVE Cesar salad!! Favorite of all time is Alton Brown's way of making a Cesar salad. It's pretty much all tossed together tableside. Here's his recipe:
I had this salad and it was SOOO good I'll never forget how good it was, let's put it that way. Had to use pretty good parmesan cheese, used Tillamook, I think. BEST salad EVER!
No anchovies? Any Caesar Salad that I've had includes anchovies - which I request be left out :D

Well, my partner and and I have the house to ourselves for the first time in FOREVER. Mum is in Japan, housemate just left to drive to Melbourne to visit her family... so we ordered wine and vodka Cruisers to be delivered with the groceries!

Partner just cooked a tomato and vegetable pasta thing for dinner while playing Green Day through our portable speaker. We each have a mini bottle of Tread Softly Rose , and we're watching new Junior Bake Off.
RBBM: I love a good "pasta thing" dish :D

RBBM: I love a good "pasta thing" dish :D
Gluten free penne, carrot, broccolini, zucchini, rocket, tinned tomatoes, salt, pepper, herbs, spices. Parmesan and cracked black pepper on top.

We have a tomatoey pasta thing and a cheesy pasta thing. They go fine with any protein or just with vegetables. If we want to change the flavour, we change the seasoning. We've made them so often we could probably do it in our sleep.

Today we made a big batch of 'Pork Tenderloin Surprises' on our Grill. This is one of my favorite meals.

I am trying like heck to figure out how to transfer a picture from my I-Phone to this site. Not so much success yet, but I will keep trying until I figure it out!!

In a nutshell, the recipe goes as follows:
Cut about 1# piece of pork tenderloin into 4 pieces. Trim off only the silver skin.
Cut a medium sized tomato into 4 slices
Cut a medium sized sweet onion into 4 slices
Cut a green pepper into 4 square pieces

To assemble:
Cross cross two strips of bacon.
Next layer, Pork Tenderloin, sweet onion, tomato then green pepper to make a bundle.
Bring up ends of bacon to secure the bundle with 4 (or more) with toothpicks.

Grill on MOM (med/off/med) for about 55 minutes.

I usually served with Wild Rice (Uncle Bens)

I will figure out how to post this picture even if it is the end of me.....
Here's a recipe that sounds similar to your description of the Pork Tenderloin Surprises. Pork tenderloins can be boring and are often dry even if cooked medium to medium rare. I might try this recipe sometime.

Gluten free penne, carrot, broccolini, zucchini, rocket, tinned tomatoes, salt, pepper, herbs, spices. Parmesan and cracked black pepper on top.

We have a tomatoey pasta thing and a cheesy pasta thing. They go fine with any protein or just with vegetables. If we want to change the flavour, we change the seasoning. We've made them so often we could probably do it in our sleep.
Nice! (ps your description of your afternoon sounded perfect btw & imho :) )

I do a dish with cherry tomatoes on the vine. Put them into a roasting dish with some oil and garlic to cook down while the pasta is boiling. Then add the noodles to the roasting pan with some grated parm for a few minutes. Sometimes I add basil, oregano etc.

This could be good for cold pasta things too. Some cottage cheese, cucumber... I missed lunch today lol.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happylepy