Food and Recipes while under Coronavirus quarantine #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Off topic but the Northern Lights are visible from central Indiana tonight! A rare occurrence indeed.

To make this post fit the topic I will mention that I was eating tacos while watching and taking pictures from my driveway.
I'm in the Midwest, too, and I went to see if I could spot them. Just very dark sky, half a moon, and a ton of stars. Maybe I'll head back out later and check. You're so lucky, LOL. They're beautiful.

I'm in the Midwest, too, and I went to see if I could spot them. Just very dark sky, half a moon, and a ton of stars. Maybe I'll head back out later and check. You're so lucky, LOL. They're beautiful.
The crazy thing is that our local news stations advised that to see the lights we should get to a dark area away from city lights. I drove have an hour into the country to find a dark road and didn’t see anything.

So I gave up and drove home, got out of my car, and saw them from my driveway. Definitely not a dark area, as there are streetlights and porch lights.

Off topic but the Northern Lights are visible from central Indiana tonight! A rare occurrence indeed.

To make this post fit the topic I will mention that I was eating tacos while watching and taking pictures from my driveway.
Thank you for sharing the beautiful photos of what you saw in the night sky. Amazing.

Coincidence—we had tacos tonight, too. An easy meal, as we just purchased some ready prepared pork carnitas, salsa verde, and street-size corn tortillas. Made some pico de gallo to add, too. So good!

Tried Chicken Big Mac!! I agree with one reviewer that said the sauce really does pair better with beef, but didn't care cuz it was good and it was HUGE, seriously. Ginormous.

Made pesto sauce for tomorrow. Doing some sliced bell pepps sauteeing those today/tomorrow and then adding italian sausage bites, getting that all nice and toasty. Doing some penne and topping it with the veg and sausage, some pesto on top. Got enough red bell pepps so I can do Hungarian style stuffed red pepps the following day. (Thanks to everyone that told me to toast the pine nuts for the pesto, did so, will try it tomorrow. It's resting overnight, lol. Big day for the pesto, LOL, I finally got to make one with pine nuts instead of sunflower seeds or walnuts) I STILL don't have my duck, I think I have to get the whole duck. That's Christmas, LOL.

We are organizing to go to Sarasota tomorrow. Some neighborhoods have power so kudos to the hard working lineman!

Made a yummy breakfast first. Got out the camping stove, kettle, 5 gal water jug, cooler. Doing all the laundry now.

Time to get the truck cleared out from my chaotic evacuation packing mess! My daughter’s boyfriend is driving down from Dothan AL this evening to help us get ready to go. He’s taking us out for burgers too.

It was 63 degrees at 7am CST! I had to stick my head out the door, savor it for a nanosecond, then shut the door! Imma wimp!

Attachments

• IMG_6246.jpeg
    IMG_6246.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6247.jpeg
    IMG_6247.jpeg
    103.5 KB · Views: 10
We are organizing to go to Sarasota tomorrow. Some neighborhoods have power so kudos to the hard working lineman!

Made a yummy breakfast first. Got out the camping stove, kettle, 5 gal water jug, cooler. Doing all the laundry now.

Time to get the truck cleared out from my chaotic evacuation packing mess! My daughter’s boyfriend is driving down from Dothan AL this evening to help us get ready to go. He’s taking us out for burgers too.

It was 63 degrees at 7am CST! I had to stick my head out the door, savor it for a nanosecond, then shut the door! Imma wimp!
Looks like a great breakfast! Take it easy on those roads tomorrow, there's going to be debris and damage everywhere. I've never been through a hurricane myself, but I'm Australian, and summers here are generally underwater or actively on fire, sometimes both at once, and nothing messes up a road surface like a disaster. If nothing else, oversaturation tends to mean pothole city.

Payroll Nerd, west of Dothan and my daughter sent me a photo last night of that beautiful pink and purple sky over my house. Loved the temps this morning, I’m blaming that on my oversleeping this morning!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KazPsi
Back