For All The Mothers

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This has been bugging me lately. I've heard Mallory is pregnant. Does anyone know if this is true and if so what her due date is?

If it is true, I wonder if she got pregnant on purpose. You know, trying to replace Caylee for G&C. I know, you can't replace a child, but you see what I'm trying to get at?

Anyway, can you imagine what would be going thru KC's mind knowing she is (hopefully) sitting in jail and CA is loving another child more than KC, herself (again!)

I can't imagine anything more painful than what G & CA have had to face. I would of course want to believe the best of my child, but in the face of a mountain of evidence to the contrary one simply has no choice but to come to terms with the TRUTH. I would support my child, and still love my child, but I know I would want my child to do the right thing - the only alternative is a living hell of torment that never ends.
There's no happy ending but perhaps peace and forgiveness are still possible.

I have two daughters very close to Casey's age, 20 and 22, and I have wondered how on earth I would handle something like this. I do know it would be the hardest thing I could ever go through, frankly I don't know how I would make it from day to day. I would want to support my daughter, and I would, but I don't think that I could lie to myself and to others, especially where a small child is concerned. It would be terrible, but the only thing I would know to do would be to support my daughter, encourage and then demand honesty and a sincere attempt at redemption. I would need help, counseling, medication probably, and a strong continued faith in God. I do know that if anyone came with an offer to search for my Granddaughter, I would be thankful to them for the rest of my life.

Tough question . . .

My position is odd - I'm probably closer to Cindy's age than KC's, but my kids are pretty young. My youngest son is just about the same age Caylee was when she died (when she was murdered :(). I think about Caylee a lot, when I have him in my lap and I'm holding his plump little arms and legs, and kissing his soft little face . . . then I think that only a monster could hurt a child so beautiful and innocent. Of course, I can also understand the frustration of that age - they can be a WHOLE LOT to handle!! Maybe Casey couldn't handle it?

However, I think you question was about Cindy. I'm conflicted. Does she protect Casey out of love? Or out of some skewed up of salvaging her family's shatter reputation? So many of us have said that her love for Caylee was real, and it was strong, but her actions since then haven't proved that at all.

I just kind of don't trust Cindy. I don't trust her motives. I grief sorely for her loss; I've cried many tears for her, and I'm sure she's shed about a billion more tears for Caylee. I guess I can't answer you. Why would she protect Casey? There didn't seem to be much love in that union, only bickering and disrespect.

:dance::dance::innocent::innocent::innocent::slap::slap:
I think it would be a hard decision to make. I would have to tell the truth, since I would be afraid of burning in hell for being a part of a cover-up to a murder, but if it were my daughter, I don't know how I would do that. Casey is all her mom has left. Maybe Cindy has convinced herself someone else COULD have done it. If Casey gets out, she can have more grandchildren for C and G, and she could redeem herself in C's eyes. I wonder if C would turn on her once she had more kids to take Caylee's place?
-----------------------
If it were me and my daughter got "off",had more children I would fight to the death to get custody.One can love a person and hate what they do.This is a case I've been through after a fashion.We fought for our granddaughter after our son died,mother went off the deep end.Today she,my grandson I L and great grandson live with me.This will always be her home.I would still have love for my child yes ~ but never the chance to do it again as long as I was alive.My precious boy is now 8yrs.and I would die (no kidding) for anyone of the three.

I am a grandmother of 2,and will be to 3 in the fall,and there is not any love deeper than that of a grandparent,THAT CHOOSES TO BE A PART OF THE CHILD'S LIFE,I say chooses,because not all grandparents are involved a great deal with their grandchildren.I do however,feel that CA and GA were involved,and the pain in CA's face is very ,very real.And at the risk of getting lynched,I will quote LA "Allow your conscience to speak for you,when your mind cannot comprehend the right words to say."

I am a mother of two, one adult divorced son and one married daughter. Between them I have been blessed with six grandchildren; the oldest is 18 and the youngest is 2. Thank God I learned quickly that you can love your children unconditionally and still set boundaries. I can't tell you the number of scrapes and hard times we've been in and gotten through together. I would gladly give my very life for any one of them (and consider it an honor) but I don't cover for their faults nor stand in their way from learning their own lifes' lessons. And most times it's harder to do that than it would be to butt in and "rescue" them!!! I guess, now days, they call it tough love ~ and it is tough on the parents and grandparents!!! I love the people my son and daughter have become; there's no way I could be prouder of them. My son just retired from the Army after 20 years and is starting his second career and my daughter was an AF helicopter pilot before she started her family; so we are a normal family. But if I ever, ever thought they weren't doing right by their own children I feel it would not only be my right, but my responsibility to call in the authorities.

When I wondered if I was just painting a picture of myself as I would like to see it, I asked my 39-year-old daughter, who also reads here. She said, "Oh Mom, I'd have been in jail long before Casey." (And we've never, never even been close to having the police come to our house, so she wasn't talking about that kind of personal experience.)

I would just pray that anyone, regardless of how much you love your adult children, would have the bigger heart to understand that your grandchildren are innocent and vulnerable and dependent upon all of us to keep them safe . . . even, God forbid, if it should be from our own children.

I have more than one child, and I try to put myself in Cindy's shoes by thinking, "what would I do if one of my children killed another one?" Since, clearly, Cindy saw Caylee as her own child. And honestly, without question, I would eventually forgive. It would be hard, but I would have to. There are many parents who forgive the killers of their children even when they are not related. I just think it's necessary to heal.

I think Cindy is completely justified to support her daughter through this. It isn't the popular thing to do but even monsters have parents who love them.

What I don't like about Cindy, and what I wouldn't do myself, is force that support on everyone else. I think I would be a little more self-aware in that situation and just try to quietly support my child and not be so in-your-face about it.

personally, I am a mama to five wonderful kids ages 9,7, (would be 5 he passed as an infant), 2 and 1. I am also a daughter.I can tell you only this, I can never thank my mother enough for the lessons she taught me about personal accountability and responsibility for my own actions. There aren't words to show my appreciation to my mother, who raised me to believe these are core values. the only thing I can do to show my gratitude, is to instill these beliefs in my own children. I tell my children daily, that although they may not like the decisions I make about parenting, ( at this point in their young lives we argue over bedtimes, and snacks thank goodness) they have to respect that my job is to make sure they turn out to be good people. I do dimplify it that much, so even the little ones understand that I count on them to make good choices independently. Would I lie to save one of my children in this case, no. I would feel like I failed them in the most important goal I had set for them as babies. Would I lay my life down in a minute for one of my children if I truly believed they were innocent, without hesitation. I do not think Cindy believes in Casey's innocence, I think she has shielded herself from the painful truth that she IS going to lose her daughter. I hope that helps. also to add, my mother would in a redhot second throw me to the wolves if she believed I had hurt one of her grandbabies!!!

I have thought a lot about this, too. My brother is the baby of the family and I can see my parents trying to help him escape the death penalty. Hopefully, not to the point of trying to blame an innocent person, but trying to convince everyone it was an accident, yeah they'd do that. For me? If I did what Casey is accused of doing? NO WAY.

But, with my kids I can't see "letting" them become like Casey. If one of them stole from their grandmother, I'd URGE Granny to press charges.

And if, God forbid, my daughter was pregnant (she's only 14 and quite innocent) and wanted to place the baby for adoption I'd let her do it. Especially if she was obviously too immature to be a mom.

i can't even put myself in those shoes. I have lost a daughter though, she was a baby that lived for a month, born too early. The pain never goes away. It hurts, but you try to find a corner in your heart to store the pain in. The ones you loose will never come back to be with you on earth. You have to remember that time on earth is short and Heaven is forever. One day you will be back with the one you love again forever. As for being there for her other child, now this is a different situation. I have two other children and only one was alive when my daughter died. I had to be there for him, strong to take care and be with him. You have to survive. That doesn't mean you lie or shelter your children.

Actually I wonder if you should have asked the question to grandmothers, not mothers?

I am a mother of two but I still cant imagine - I can say from where I stand with a baby and a 15 year old that I do not, not, not believe I would ever lie for my boy had he done this - or even seriously looked as if he had. I could not hate him. But I wouldnt lie either. But at the same time I have no grandchildren so I do not know and cant imagine what it might be like - I do feel the babies will always, always come first, they cant stand up for themselves :(

I have three children. They know I will not lie for them. If one of my children murdered one of their children, it would break my heart into pieces. I would never be able to see that child the same again. But I think in the end, it being my child, I would not cut myself or my love off from them.

But....if my child murdered their child, and it was proven beyond a reasonable doubt to me but they continued to lie about it, refused to own up to what they had done, felt no remorse and refused to repent and ask forgiveness? Wow, that would be a whole other situation. Most mothers "know" their children, so with the legal proof and the mother's "knowing" I am not sure I could continue a relationship with them until they admitted what they had done. I would always love that child, but I couldn't be a part of their farce. I know myself so unless I believed them to be insane, unable to know right from wrong, I would cut ties with that child until they confessed.

Also, I can understand having private moments of doubt, questioning, if the child constantly professed innocence, that I think would be normal. However those little, rare moments of doubt, having to go back and question if it is possible that they are innocent(when you have proof they are guilty), that would be total torture for a parent. If they continually professed innocence it's like you could never get total closure, there would always be that one in a trillion chance. I can see where that could drive a parent over the edge. Thats what is so telling about KC, how evil she is. She doesn't care what her denial does to her parents. Even if GA had been successful in his suicide attempt.....KC still wouldn't feel any guilt or remorse for her lies. Yes it is important that CA and GA have it PROVEN to them through the trial that KC absolutely did this, but even with that, if she continues to say she is innocent.....I feel they are in for a lifetime of psychological torment. Maybe that is her goal. jmho

I think in love, while it may be a perfect emotion when it comes to describing your love for your children or grandchildren, it is with in that act that you also know they are not perfect.
I would go to the ends of the earth for my daughter and back to save her from everything humanly possible. However, once she's able to make decisions on her own, there is only so much one can do to save them from themselves. That does not mean that you wouldn't do everything you can to help them, or that your love wouldn't continue, but you have to accept that at some point they are their own person and responsible for their decisions. I agree with so many of you on here. Yes, love them and protect them as you can, but just like you, yourself are responsible for your own actions, so are they. Actions = consequences... both good and bad.

I am a mother of a little girl.

I love her so much it hurts sometimes.

I would do anything on the planet for her.

I have tried to put myself in CA's position.

I pray to God that I will never have to make the choices CA has had to make.

I love my daughter unconditionally.

If there was ANY doubt in my mind that she was guilty, I would support her.

Faced with the evidence that CA has been faced with...

it breaks my heart to say this.

I believe in my heart that I would have to turn my back on my own daughter.

I am a good person, and there is nothing that I couldn't forgive my own flesh and blood for - even if she killed an adult.

But to coldly kill an innocent child... no. I don't believe that I would help her in any way.

Maybe it's cruel of me. Maybe I am not the norm. Maybe my love then would be considered "conditional".

Or maybe, I could not look at her ever again without thinking of how she lied and murdered a granddaughter whom I loved so very much.

JMO. I hope and pray I will never find out how I would react.

can't say what I would do in this situation but I do think at sometime "common sense" would kick in, I've said all along there is a difference in laying low, supporting and loving your daughter or option B-bad mouthing everyone that has tried to help you, placing blame on people that has nothing to do with Caylee's death or "abduction", being rude and ungrateful to LE, etc. enough is enough and I really wish people would quit giving CA and CA the attention they both enjoy

Ditto

I think the bond to my child would be stronger than any other bond to anyone (I apologize, I have no grand children, just what I think, I am SO close to my children) I would think that closeness would still be there in 20 years. I would like to say I would care more for their tiny baby, but I have honestly no clue if I would.I have never experienced it, and I won't lie. I love babies, and children, but how on earth would I know what I would do... I THINK I would care more for the unprotected tiny one, but I really do not know for sure. My love for my children are just endless.

I think it would be a hard decision to make. I would have to tell the truth, since I would be afraid of burning in hell for being a part of a cover-up to a murder, but if it were my daughter, I don't know how I would do that. Casey is all her mom has left. Maybe Cindy has convinced herself someone else COULD have done it. If Casey gets out, she can have more grandchildren for C and G, and she could redeem herself in C's eyes. I wonder if C would turn on her once she had more kids to take Caylee's place?

But CA still has Lee and his child.

I think the bond to my child would be stronger than any other bond to anyone (I apologize, I have no grand children, just what I think, I am SO close to my children) I would think that closeness would still be there in 20 years. I would like to say I would care more for their tiny baby, but I have honestly no clue if I would.I have never experienced it, and I won't lie. I love babies, and children, but how on earth would I know what I would do... I THINK I would care more for the unprotected tiny one, but I really do not know for sure. My love for my children are just endless.

When I gave birth to my mother's first grandchild she told me this: Marina, you will never believe that you can love someone more than your own child until you have a grandchild." She was right. I didn't believe I could love anyone more than my daughter. I've heard many grandparents say they love their grandchildren even more than than their own children. I believe them but, at the same time, I don't share their feelings. I often think back to what my mother said that day because I now have grandchildren and I can honestly say that I don't love them more than my own children. I love them just as much and I could never rank my love for one over the other. To me, it's like saying you love one of your children more than another. I do feel more protective towards my grandchildren than my children because they are so young and defenseless. If I had to fight for one's life over the other I would probably choose my grandchild rather than my child because she hasn't had the chance at life my child has and is in more need of protection. That doesn't mean I love one more than the other though.
I don't know how this relates to what CA is going through but maybe she feels that there's nothing she can do to save Caylee and her endless love for KC won't let her turn her back on her. If Caylee were still alive, I think CA would sacrifice KC in order to save Caylee, not because she loves her more but for the reasons I mentioned above. I don't know what I would do in this situation and, God willing, I never will.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back