For Sleuthers In Florida

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In case I was misunderstood, I wasn't saying the Grand Jury would find her or any person guilty, but from what I understand, they can call in whomever they want to question and then decide whether to have the Prosecuting Att. hand down an indictment. Here is an intersting link with all the info:
http://www.tbnweekly.com/content_articles/080507_fpg-03.txt

I live in southern California where news about Caylee Anthony and tot mom-ster KC faded early on. Except for Nancy Grace, and few people I know watch her, there is literally nothing in our news about this case.

So I have a few questions for those of you who live in Florida and particularly in or near Orlando. I am NOT asking for the opinions of those of you here at WS. I would like information about the population at large- people you talk to around town who know about Caylee's disappearance.

1) What is the general feeling about Caylee- dead or alive?

2) If she is dead, do people think KC is guilty of murder (1st or 2nd°) vs. accidental death?

3) How do people feel about the family- Cindy, George and Lee? Are they withholding evidence?

And the 4th is an opinion Sleuther question- do you think the Anthonys will ever live this down if KC is tried and convicted of murder?

Thanks for answering.

Hey,

I live in Miami,Florida I barely ever hear them talk about the case only when the BIG developments would happen…

1. I discuss the case with the people I sit around at work. And sadly to say everyone thinks that Caylee is dead.
My father does believe she is ALIVE

2. I would say the girls st work do believe she is guilty of murder and more on the accident side

3. I do not think the girls at work know how much the A's do not cooperate… so I guess its only my opinion that the A's are just trying to maintain the peace with their daughter.

4. I think that if Casey is convicted the A's will finally be able to mourn Caylee… fight for maybe 2 weeks for Casey innocence and than carry on with their lives.

I live approximately 35 minutes away and when I've asked friends if they think Casey is guilty, they say, "Who"???? People in this area are just too busy raising their families and working to be following this.

I live in Kissimmee about 30 minutes from the SUSPECT (That felt good)

And the 4th is an opinion Sleuther question- do you think the Anthony's will ever live this down if KC is tried and convicted of murder? Most think they will need to move. I myself think George and Cindy will divorce and Cindy will move to Lowell, FL. Home of Lowell Annex Correctional Institution home for women on Death Row.

Oh wow You gave me the best laugh for the night… love it.

I don't know if this would throw this thread completely off topic or not, but it would be interesting to hear from posters who live in areas where other high profile cases occurred and are now over with, such as Scott P. Are the principals in those cases (parents, spouse if there is one, etc.) still in the area, have they moved? Maybe this topic needs its own thread though, but it would be interesting to hear about. Kind of let us FL folk know what we have to look forward to.

I live near San Diego where Danielle van Dam was kidnapped and murdered in 2002. IMO, there was never any doubt that David Westerfield was guilty. He is currently sitting on death row. The last I heard, his children were trying to disassociate themselves from him and may have even gone as far as changing their names.

I am curious what does it take? To charge people who have so VEHEMENTLY
manipulated EVIDENCE, lied, changed testimony,etc. to be charged along with the perpetrator of the crime? I am always in bewilderment regarding such issues-I believe this case has far surpassed the Scott Peterson saga. anybody?

Live in Daytona Beach, FL.

First, everyone talks about this case. Everyone believes that Caylee is dead. Everyone believes that KC is responsible but doesn't care if it was intentional or accidental. They (and I) want KC to be brought to justice. Everyone agrees that the A know something and is covering for KC. Nobody, and I mean nobody, can believe that they are providing shelter for KC in their home. Weeks ago, everyone agreed that the A were in denial and sympathized with them. But, now everyone believes it's not denial anymore, but more like madness. People agonize over the loss of this unprotected child and they are angry over what all of this is costing the taxpayers. Nobody has really mentioned how the A will survive all this. They all agree that they would not want to live or work with the A. The behavior is just too bizarre.

I have to tell you this. I was ordering something from a catalog over the phone and the CSR asked me how close I lived to the A. She lived in the midwest and said that she was really interested in the case. I told her to come to this website if she wanted info.

BeagleMom

Here the accused are rarely (except in a special GJ) in the Grand Jury proceedings. The Grand Jury meets in secret and when the indictments come down, the warrants are served and the accused arrested. There is no defense in a GJ. They can defend the charges in court.

Basicly the same:) Except you can summons them but it doesnt mean they will answer anything:)You strictly ask them about there testimony.They can take advice from there lawyer and refuse to testify and answering questions from there statements to LE by pleading the fifth like I said. As far as defense goes i never said there was a defense.Grand Jury is not there to decided the inoccent or guilt. Thats for the courts and possible a regular jury . Sorry if I didnt word it right sometimes thinking it and typing it is to different thing:)lol I do have my moments more then I would like to admit:):crazy:

I live in southern California where news about Caylee Anthony and tot mom-ster KC faded early on. Except for Nancy Grace, and few people I know watch her, there is literally nothing in our news about this case.

So I have a few questions for those of you who live in Florida and particularly in or near Orlando. I am NOT asking for the opinions of those of you here at WS. I would like information about the population at large- people you talk to around town who know about Caylee's disappearance.

2) If she is dead, do people think KC is guilty of murder (1st or 2nd°) vs. accidental death?

3) How do people feel about the family- Cindy, George and Lee? Are they withholding evidence?

And the 4th is an opinion Sleuther question- do you think the Anthonys will ever live this down if KC is tried and convicted of murder?

Thanks for answering.

My husband and I reside just west of Universal Studios here in Orlando.

1) Dead
2) People that I have talked to here believe that Casey caused the death of her daughter. People here are disgusted.
3) Most people believe that Casey's parents and brother are attempting to cover up Casey's crime and trying to protect her from being convicted and going to prison. People here don't believe that the family is being completely honest.
4) The Anthonys most likely will eventually move away.

I live in Kissimmee about 30 minutes from the SUSPECT (That felt good)

And the 4th is an opinion Sleuther question- do you think the Anthony's will ever live this down if KC is tried and convicted of murder? Most think they will need to move. I myself think George and Cindy will divorce and Cindy will move to Lowell, FL. Home of Lowell Annex Correctional Institution home for women on Death Row.

Hi, KD, nice touch, that scene at the bottom of your post... so sad it's true!

Sad, too, that there are no winners in this. The Anthonys can't even seem to see their way clear to cut their losses. Gaaaaahhhh! :mad:

As a sidenote, someone asked about the people involved in the SP case. Sharon Rocha, Lacy's mom, is and was a well known and respected member of the community and worked at a title office. Modesto is a small central valley agricultural town where people are close knit. At the time of the SP case, Modesto real estate was booming from the influx of realtors and buyers from the SF bay area. Sharon worked with most of the agents in town and was well known. Because of the dignified way Sharon and her family behaved during this nightmare, her and her family are still well regarded. The people of Modesto were apalled at the behaviour of Lee & Jackie Peterson and even more disgusted with SP. The Rochas are still in Modesto and hopefully the Peterson's have fallen off of the face of the earth.
Just a note about the house. It was originally purchased by a real estate agent and he has claimed that it is filled with evil and caused him to spiral downward. When he purchased the home, he was one of the top producers at Prudential in Modesto and deals just fell in his lap. He has ended up broke and pennyless. He swears it is from the house. SP must have left bad JUJU in the house.

Just a note about the house. It was originally purchased by a real estate agent and he has claimed that it is filled with evil and caused him to spiral downward. When he purchased the home, he was one of the top producers at Prudential in Modesto and deals just fell in his lap. He has ended up broke and pennyless. He swears it is from the house. SP must have left bad JUJU in the house.

I remember reading that SP was trying to sell the home and area residents were up in arms- wasn't it even before her and the baby's bodies were found? Who ended up getting the money from the sale?

I dont live in florida, but when casey is found guilty and sent to prison for life, i dont believe cindy leave florida she may move closer to the prison to visit casey, but not outta florida. i to believe that c and g will end up divorced and people will g alone but not cindy.

I also believe the Anthonys will break up, but I don't think GA will stick around. If KC is convicted, Cindy will continue to believe in her innocence and will probably move closer to the prison she's incarcerated in so she can visit... unless KC refuses to see her like she did in July and August.

I live and work within 3 miles of the A's house. I also know two people who knew the A family before Caylee's dissapearance. Both people thought they were just a "normal family" before all this happened.

Everyone I talk with about the case believe that she is dead.

I think most people here think it was an accident. I am now starting to believe it could be premeditated.

People that I talk with think they are covering up for KC. I think we all felt sympathetic for the family in the beginning, but our sympathy has turned to disgust by their behavior and actions in protecting KC..

This family strikes me as the type who live in their own little fantasy world. They don't seem to feel shame like most normal people would in this situation.

I live in Orlando and all of my friends and family talk about this case. What we believe:

) What is the general feeling about Caylee- dead or alive? She is dead, there is just too much evidence.
2) If she is dead, do people think KC is guilty of murder (1st or 2nd°) vs. accidental death? Everyone has a different opinion on this. I honestly am on the fence.
3) How do people feel about the family- Cindy, George and Lee? Are they withholding evidence? The family is just plain disgusting

And the 4th is an opinion Sleuther question- do you think the Anthonys will ever live this down if KC is tried and convicted of murder? Nope, they'll go back to regular life, but everyone will always look at them differently.

The general feeling was that she was dead pretty early on. Live children don't stay missing with such a substantial reward, IMO.

My people (mostly College age and/or grad. students) tend to think she is guilty regardless of how Caylee died. The general opinion is if your child dies accidentally you do not hide their body.

Yeah. I think people think her folks and brother are up to no good. Even my Mom who tends to give Grandparents the benefit of the doubt.

I don't think they'll ever live this down regardless of her conviction or lack of conviction. I think the house on Hopespring will be foreclosed on. I think CA and GA will get divorced. I imagine LA will change his name and attempt to distance himself from his infamous sister.

I live in Orlando, about a mile and a half away from RM's house, and my hubby works close the the Anthony's house.

1) What is the general feeling about Caylee- dead or alive? Dead

2) If she is dead, do people think KC is guilty of murder (1st or 2nd°) vs. accidental death? Most people I've talked to think 1st degree murder. Given the facts, it seems way too coincidental for it to be an accident, unless it was an accident caused by Casey doing something she shouldn't have been doing anyways, like keeping Caylee in the car while she went sleeping around, or drugging her, but not meaning for her to die.

3) How do people feel about the family- Cindy, George and Lee? Are they withholding evidence?Most people I've talked to feel pretty much that they are protecting Casey and are very naive/delusional.

And the 4th is an opinion Sleuther question- do you think the Anthonys will ever live this down if KC is tried and convicted of murder? If you mean will they ever be able to show their face at the grocery store and not have people recognize them as the family of the baby-killer, I don't know. Orlando is a pretty big area and I also think the mobility is pretty high here as well. I think after a few months to a year after this is all over, the grandparents and Lee will probably be able to live like normal folks again, but I don't think Casey will ever be redeemed, at least I hope not. That is, of course, if she isn't rotting in jail, which hopefully she will be.

Thanks for answering.

1) 99.9% of people here feel that Caylee is no longer alive.
2) At 1st accidental, but the longer she stays smug, people are believing worse.
3) Most are split on the family. But most think Cindy is a bit nutty, and George is an enabler, who doesn't have the nerve to stand up to his wife and daughter. Not witholding evidence, but can certainly do more. Maybe they fear their daughter.
4) Because of what they put their neighbors through, they should move somewhere where poeple don't know them. It really depends on how everything finally comes down.

Hope that helps. I live in Tampa (2 hours from Orlando), but have been in Orlando a lot recently.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!
Back