For those who agree with the verdict...help me understand.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for those who believe the defense OS that George molested Casey. No evidence was ever presented at trial or at anytime AFAIK.

How does someone possibly prove that they didn't do it? That accusation was thrown out there precisely for that reason, to put george on trial as there's no way he could ever disprove it. Everyone will always say, well it is possible.

That is NOT a good enough reason to acquit anyone when all of the other evidence points to them. That is what should have been ignored since there was absolutely nothing to support it.

JMHO

I honestly have a hard time believing the jury acquitted Casey because they believe George molested her. In my eyes, there was far more evidence of having no link then just this one piece of the puzzle. George's behavior on the stand alone was enough to convince me that he's hiding something. I couldn't believe how combative he was during this trial; was this whole thing a joke to him?

If you took away the accusations of molestation, one major thing that sticks out to me is: Who calls in to report gas cans stolen but doesn't report smelling a dead body in their daughter's car when you haven't seen your grand daughter in a month? Who does that? Someone who perhaps knows something?

To me, the evidence of molestation is both in George's demeanor and Casey's behavior. George, on the stand, acted like an arrogant man who's above the law. IMO, he's gotten away with a crime for so long that "Ha! They're not going to get me now". Casey behaved, in my eyes, like many people who suffer incestuous abuse; especially if that abuse was coming from their father.

MOO :twocents:

I am pretty sure I heard Baez say Caylee drowned. That means Casey knew her daughter had died.

yes he did say that in his opening statement along with something along the lines of "drowning is very common, happens all the time" to which I ask you, why would GA, a former LE officer, try to cover up a common event - an "ACCIDENT" and make it look like a murder/kidnapping?

and again, ICA walked out of the house on June 16th stating she was going to work and Zanny was watching Caylee. We all know she had no job and no "Zanny" but she did have a date but no babysitter! WHO WAS WATCHING CAYLEE?

real life stuff. She lies and steals to further her aims not because she is troubled by reality. She lied about a job so she could escape being hounded by her mother and because it let her go out at nights to party because she was an event planner. She lied about a nanny to enable the job lie. She stole money from everyone because she had no job. She made up a rich boyfriend to placate her mother and explain absences. She told her friend Amy she was going to get her parents house and they would live there together. And that lie makes me wonder where George and Cindy would be now had she not dealt with Caylee first and gotten caught. Casey's only problem IMO is she's a sociopath. No way do I buy she's just a troubled soul trying to cope.

No arguments from me about that. But, it shows a pattern she has problems with admitting real life stuff. The defense successfully argued this.

yes he did say that in his opening statement along with something along the lines of "drowning is very common, happens all the time" to which I ask you, why would GA, a former LE officer, try to cover up a common event - an "ACCIDENT" and make it look like a murder/kidnapping?

and again, ICA walked out of the house on June 16th stating she was going to work and Zanny was watching Caylee. We all know she had no job and no "Zanny" but she did have a date but no babysitter! WHO WAS WATCHING CAYLEE?

Perhaps GA felt guilty for the "ACCIDENT", didn't want CA to leave him since he just earned her trust back, and for his own sanity decided to drag KC in the mix too (knowing full and well she'd listen to anything he told her to do like she always has).

And, according to JB OS, Caylee had drowned in the morning, so when KC walked out of the house that afternoon, there was no need for anyone to watch her, she was already gone.

I honestly have a hard time believing the jury acquitted Casey because they believe George molested her. In my eyes, there was far more evidence of having no link then just this one piece of the puzzle. George's behavior on the stand alone was enough to convince me that he's hiding something. I couldn't believe how combative he was during this trial; was this whole thing a joke to him?

If you took away the accusations of molestation, one major thing that sticks out to me is: Who calls in to report gas cans stolen but doesn't report smelling a dead body in their daughter's car when you haven't seen your grand daughter in a month? Who does that? Someone who perhaps knows something?
To me, the evidence of molestation is both in George's demeanor and Casey's behavior. George, on the stand, acted like an arrogant man who's above the law. IMO, he's gotten away with a crime for so long that "Ha! They're not going to get me now". Casey behaved, in my eyes, like many people who suffer incestuous abuse; especially if that abuse was coming from their father.

Bolded by me,,,, who knows, He knew something was wrong but I dont believe in a million years he thought his daughter killed his granddaughter. Everything ICA ever did wrong CA handled (she stole thousands from them) and Cindy wanted to handle this too. They probably thought ICA was in some kind of trouble but Cindy wanted to handle it first, find out what the heck was going on, and get her out of it. CA bullied George, imo, and the gas cans were HIS, probably the only thing in the whole household that were under his control. When CA discovers Caylee was missing for 31 days, she calls the police "SMELLS LIKE A DEAD BODY IN THE DAMN CAR."

and, just curious, how would you act on the stand if the most precious thing in your life has been murdered and thrown away like garbage while someone is insinuating you covered it up (threw your loved one away like garbage) as well as molested another loved one since they were a child?

KC had taken the cans on numerous occasions prior to that.
GA knew it was her again- knew what the trunk smelled like and was trying to get her arrested.
CA reported that KC was to be in Jacksonville at the time. IMO she knew she wasn't that was CA's lie. She showed up shortly after he filed the report and she returned them to GA.
and in LA's deposition TL told him GA had kc's car for several days after 6/15. He said GA took it to the shop or something. That once she started staying there they never took her car anywhere together.
of course Lee said TL was lying but why would he?

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-na...-lee-anthony-s-prosecution-deposition-july-30
pg 169

Bolded by me,,,, who knows, He knew something was wrong but I dont believe in a million years he thought his daughter killed his granddaughter. Everything ICA ever did wrong CA handled (she stole thousands from them) and Cindy wanted to handle this too. They probably thought ICA was in some kind of trouble but Cindy wanted to handle it first, find out what the heck was going on, and get her out of it. CA bullied George, imo, and the gas cans were HIS, probably the only thing in the whole household that were under his control. When CA discovers Caylee was missing for 31 days, she calls the police "SMELLS LIKE A DEAD BODY IN THE DAMN CAR."

and, just curious, how would you act on the stand if the most precious thing in your life has been murdered and thrown away like garbage while someone is insinuating you covered it up (threw your loved one away like garbage) as well as molested another loved one since they were a child?

I would like to think that if I were in GA's shoes, I would do my best to tell the truth as straight-forward as I could be. I wouldn't be double-talking, over-telling, and flat out avoiding questions. That sounds like someone hiding something to me.

I want to make sure I understand you correctly, you think it's logical that GA called to report the gas cans stolen (knowing full well that KC took gas from them very frequently), but to not report a dead body smell in your daughter's trunk? Especially after you picked it up from a tow yard because the car has been abandoned?

I never bought into the media frenzy. None of it. I never thought KC murdered Caylee, I never thought that she was in the trunk for days, triple bagged, with duct tape around her mouth and nose, and a heart shaped sticker placed directly over the mouth, nor did I ever believe chloroform was used in any way shape or form in this case. I never believed KC threw her away like trash.

I read every document, interview, etc. watched the jailhouse tapes etc. The opinion I formed after studying everything I could find about this case, was that the only logical explanation would be a tragic accident. I think Caylee drowned while KC was in the shower, or on the phone, or on the computer. When KC found Caylee drowned in the pool, she immediately went into denial. Initially I had thought she had a break from reality and took Caylee and her things to the wooded area and laid her to rest there. During trial, when hearing about how the Anthony's buried their pets, I now think it is possible during this break from reality she did place Caylee in bags the way they always did with their pets. She stayed in denial for a long, long time. I think she never really came out of the denial stage completely until RK's discovery, when she watched the news. The Anthony's are probably not the demons some have made them out to be. They are probably a typical slightly dysfunctional family. There was never any sinister mind boggling murder here. It has always been simply a tragic event, where the girl whose precious little baby had drowned made some very, very bad decisions while suffering from an overwhelming denial stage.

There is no proof that the duct tape was on her face, only speculation. There is very little proof that Caylee was triple bagged, mostly speculation. There is very little proof Caylee was ever even in the trunk, again mostly speculation. There is no proof that what they found in area A was an accident made to look like a murder, that again is just speculation. While some may ask if it was an accident, why did she sit in jail for 3 years, for that question I answer she was a victim of circumstances from the time JB told her to keep her mouth shut. Also, I think she may have been offered a plea deal, but the plea deal insisted she admitted to murdering Caylee, and she refused to admit to something she did not do (pure speculation on my part about a plea deal). She didn't call for 31 days, and I chalk that up to denial. Her behavior in no way proves she murdered Caylee.

Not that it has anything to do with the case aside from being the biggest reason the public is outraged right now, the media has been telling lies for 3 years regarding this case, and is continuing to do so. The media is still speculating, now on what went wrong, what is wrong with the jurors, why did they come to this obviously flawed verdict. If any of the jurors, Anthony's or DT players are harmed by overzealous outraged persons, I think the media should be held responsible in part, for the terribly biased reporting that has been given during the last 3 years. I do however believe, that a very large number of the Outraged have either been uninformed, misinformed, or have misinterpreted what took place during the trial.

As always, my entire post is my opinion only.

I would like to think that if I were in GA's shoes, I would do my best to tell the truth as straight-forward as I could be. I wouldn't be double-talking, over-telling, and flat out avoiding questions. That sounds like someone hiding something to me.

I want to make sure I understand you correctly, you think it's logical that GA called to report the gas cans stolen (knowing full well that KC took gas from them very frequently), but to not report a dead body smell in your daughter's trunk? Especially after you picked it up from a tow yard because the car has been abandoned?

He also refused to sign the for the certified letter until he saw what it was. WHY? pg 214 remember upper left corner we could never figure out what KC meant? The return address... was she telling Lee ask mom and dad?
when he picked up the letter he said "Hey guess where our Sunfire is." didn't call Casey and ask what the deal was even though he KNEW it was towed on the 30th...pg 216
After KC came back with OCSO he let her sleep and when she woke he bolted-never talked to her about much of anything except zanny a little.
pg 240
http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-na...rge-anthony-s-prosecution-deposition-august-5

Attachments

• bolted.png
    bolted.png
    59.6 KB · Views: 24
  • letter.png
    letter.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 25
  • car.png
    car.png
    62.6 KB · Views: 22

I really find this strange.... I'm reading "who are we to judge how ICA acted after the death of Caylee, everybody grieves differently" (SO WE ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO JUDGE HER BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T ACT LIKE US IF OUR CHILD DIED IN AN ACCIDENT) yet GA (WHO IN JB'S OPENING STATEMENT HAD HIS ***** IN HIS DAUGHTERS ***** WHEN SHE WAS 8 YEARS OLD and for some odd reason we never heard (lol) SOMEHOW THREW HIS GRANDDAUGHTER AWAY LIKE GARBAGE) has to act just like you and not be the slightest defensive while questioned by the very person who accused you of this? If you are not judging ICA's behavor, why are you judging George's - WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT RIGHT?

Logic, well explain how the heck GA's reporting stollen gas cans fits into any of this anyway - WHERE IS THE LOGIC IN THIS?

and yes, i think i explained it already, Cindy handled Casey, never in their wildest dreams did they think that smell = Caylee. They knew differently hours later when Casey told them she hadn't seen Caylee for 31 days!

IMO, the state's case was not based one one single piece of evidence. Anyone can take a single piece of evidence and find a "should have" and "could have". This case was about the massive amount of circumstantial, yes circumstantial, evidence that proved that KC killed Caylee. You can't pick some evidence to blame on one person and some evidence to blame on someone else without the facts to back it up. The facts in this case show that KC killed her daughter and then partied like Caylee never existed. I have no problem with different views on cases and debating, but to claim someone is innocent of their killing their child when all the evidence points back to her is just unimaginable to me. Yes, some of the evidence GA came in contact with and some of the evidence RK came in contact with, and some of the evidence CA came in contact with, but all of the evidence KC cam in contact with. GA, CA and RK were searching for Caylee, and KC was not. To accuse people who were clearly looking for Caylee is unfair. There is no reason for RK to have moved her body...no reason if Caylee's death was an accident for GA to coverup....no reason if Caylee accidentally drowned for KC to go rent videos, sleep with her boyfriend of two months, and party like she had no worries. Yes this case involves emotion. A little girl died.

Yes, "Go, she did" as JA said in closing. All roads led back to KC. She's about to be set free. We'll see what road she takes now.

So the FBI said there were normal amounts, and Dr Vass who is not trained in the field to determine that, said it was mega high. Yet we dont listen to the FBI, but go believe a guy because his theory fits murder. Yikes.

Just like we don't listen to the computer expert from the sherrif's department when he says chloroform was searched 1 time. We go get a guy from Canada that tells us it was searched 84 times and does not see it as being a coincidence that myspace was also searched 84 times on the same day and 83 times the day before and 82 times the day before that and so on.

State's evidence sometimes came across as "questionable" to say the least.

I really find this strange.... I'm reading "who are we to judge how ICA acted after the death of Caylee, everybody grieves differently" (SO WE ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO JUDGE HER BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T ACT LIKE US IF OUR CHILD DIED IN AN ACCIDENT) yet GA (WHO IN JB'S OPENING STATEMENT HAD HIS ***** IN HIS DAUGHTERS ***** WHEN SHE WAS 8 YEARS OLD and for some odd reason we never heard (lol) SOMEHOW THREW HIS GRANDDAUGHTER AWAY LIKE GARBAGE) has to act just like you and not be the slightest defensive while questioned by the very person who accused you of this? If you are not judging ICA's behavor, why are you judging George's - WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT RIGHT?

Logic, well explain how the heck GA's reporting stollen gas cans fits into any of this anyway - WHERE IS THE LOGIC IN THIS?

and yes, i think i explained it already, Cindy handled Casey, never in their wildest dreams did they think that smell = Caylee. They knew differently hours later when Casey told them she hadn't seen Caylee for 31 days!

I guess I misinterpreted your first comment... I thought you asked me what I would do if I were in George's shoes, wouldn't I act the same way on the stand, etc.

I don't think I would. I've never been in the same situation; but I do find it hard to think I'd be so defensive and argumentative on the stand.

I didn't know where to put this but I thought it was important to read.

http://fieldnotes.msnbc.msn.com/_ne...iserable-postscript-for-a-casey-anthony-juror

Is this really what we want?

Thank you for sharing!

I think this is part of the story that needs to be told. I would hope that some of the hate-mongering mob-creating people (both public and TH's) would wake up to this story and realize what they're continuing to do with this case. There are people out there truly afraid of society. And, they shouldn't have to be. They didn't ask to be on this jury, they were summoned. They didn't ask to be gone from their regular routine life to sit in a hotel room away from any form of public. What they are getting from the public is undeserved.

Just because you aren't getting your satisfaction from knowing Casey is going to die, doesn't mean you have to invest that anger towards innocent people who didn't ask to make the hard decision you didn't like. And, the fact that these people had to sit on the stand during Jury Selection and answer personal questions about their lives, and it was broadcasted across the nation for all to see, disgusts me. There are good things about the media and Sunshine laws, but this is not one of them.

Sorry, I know it's OT; but I just couldn't read that and not say anything about it.

I guess I misinterpreted your first comment... I thought you asked me what I would do if I were in George's shoes, wouldn't I act the same way on the stand, etc.

I don't think I would. I've never been in the same situation; but I do find it hard to think I'd be so defensive and argumentative on the stand.

I beg to differ. IF you were on the stand knowing that you were being thrown to the wolves, accused of one of the most heinous crimes against children, sexual abuse and covering a crime, in front of a jury and practicly the world, without one shred of evidence, in order for a murderer to get off, I dare say that you would probably act the same way.

JMHO

The reason this case is so conveluted is all the LYING...and not just <modsnip> Casey's LYING..but her parents LIE as much as she does. All this LYING permanently muddied the waters..we'll never know the truth. We all need to accept this, move on and allow God to execute His vengence.

I have NO RESPECT for people lashing out at the jurors saying they are under-educated, didn't take their job seriously and want to cause harm to them. <modsnip>

AFTER being evaluated by the psychologist to render her fit to proceed with the trial.

re: Judge Perry stating absolutely no evidence of sexual abuse.

I wanted to point out, the psychologist could believe she was sexually abused. The psychologist was examining her to see if she was fit to proceed with trial - her overall mental state at that time. Judge Perry was basing his determination of the evidence and testimony before the court. There could be plenty of evidence of sexual abuse that was not let in because of the rules of evidence. Furthermore, that psychologist could even say, "Yes, she's displaying all the signs of an incest survivor" - but that does not necessarily render her unfit to stand trial. The psychologist determination is not tied at all to Judge Perry's determination on whether sexual abuse could be discussed in closing. They're two unrelated things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member