For those who agree with the verdict...help me understand.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The state did not really have a motive, when they couldn't make use of the (alleged) fight of the night before Caylee disappeared. I KNOW they don't have a prove a motive, but when they can't tell you how she died, where she died or when she died, without dispute, and only want to tell you the who, I think it made things murky. As far as the jury could see, no one was stopping Casey from the life she was leading up until June 15th anyway. They didn't hear much to show that Cindy and she were at each other's throats.

That makes perfect sense UNTIL she sits in jail for 3 years and risks the death penalty rather than admitting to the accident (which she then allows her lawyer to admit in OS!).

Do you think the LE would have believed her if she had told them that? Do you think that they would have really tried to work around a charge that would have fit that conclusion. I do not believe so. I think that it was better for her case to sit in jail and say nothing to them about it. It worked in the end.

I think the jury did the right thing. The case was weak, even with such an aggressive, media-fueled prosecution. And I think that it was a good day for American jurisprudence, that the jury could overcome all of the chaos surrounding this case and the pressure to find her guilty and actually go where the evidence led them.

Personally, in my heart, I wanted ICA to be convicted. But rationally, I completely agree with you. This was a good jury that followed the letter of the law, and that is a good thing for our legal system.

But that doesn't mean I have to like it!

One other thing I have a problem with is the 31 days. Everyone is blaming Casey for this however I really have to question why the parents didn't report them missing. IIRC (I really didn't follow the case) her mom said that Casey kept telling her they were here and there BUT wasn't that unlike Casey? She never stayed away from the home for that long of a period did she? I am telling you that if my daughter ever did something like that I would call the police, report my car stolen, my daughter/granddaughter missing, drive around for hours to find her....Maybe I am wrong here but that is one other reason why I think GA is involved. I agree with an accident, I agree with Casey freaking out over it, but who helped her?

Whew did I make any sense? :floorlaugh:

I get asked this alot. I think the fight on the night of the 15th definitely happened and Cindy thought ICA was "punishing" her. She was talking to ICA and she made it sound like everything was fine so what would she tell the police? My daughter hasn't let me talk to my granddaughter? Grandparents basically don't have any rights, I bet the police would have blown her off. Yes, she could have reported the car stolen, but I'm sure at that time she didn't want to make ICA even madder.

Once you believe the accident theory is plausible (and I always believed whatever happened was an accident....

Why? Because pretty white girls don't kill their kids?

There was no evidence of an accident. And KC sitting in jail for 3 years and risking the DP was plenty of evidence there was no accident.

Do you think the LE would have believed her if she had told them that? Do you think that they would have really tried to work around a charge that would have fit that conclusion. I do not believe so. I think that it was better for her case to sit in jail and say nothing to them about it. It worked in the end.

They would have believed her if she had reported it the day it happened. (Child drownings are very common in Florida.) They certainly would have believed her had GA been involved and backed-up her story.

They would have believe her at any time as long as an autopsy confirmed the story with, say, water in Caylee's lungs. They would have had to believe her.

But she made sure her daughter's body was transported in a hot car and then exposed to the elements until it was no longer possible for an autopsy to confirm an accidental drowning.

And she should be rewarded for that? Given the benefit of the doubt?

A far more reasonable conclusion (given the lies she told to delay acknowledging that her daughter was missing) is that she had something illegal to hide and so made sure there was little to no forensic evidence for the coroner to evaluate.

Problem is prosecution is over confident and they thought they got this.
I am referring to the jurors - they handed a NOT GUILTY verdict because there is a reasonable doubt.. fine - hung jury/mistrial - whatever...Difficult to find that 12 people in the jury had same decision over this.... is there any information that is privy to them alone?

Why would judge attach a double jeopardy on a mistrial? ... in USA, Hung Jury can be tried again- am i missing anything?

You can ask the lawyers in their thread. No, double jeopardy does not attach with a hung jury.

If the mistrial is caused by the defense, I don't think double-jeopardy attaches.

But if the mistrial is caused by the prosecution (or charges are withdrawn) after a certain point (I'm not sure where that point is), double-jeopardy attaches and the defendant can't be retried.

Otherwise, any time a case were going badly for the prosecution, they could deliberately do something to trigger a mistrial and thereby get a "do over."

Actually on the day Caylee died the night before Casey was on her phone all night with Tony. She left with Caylee and came back when George left. She was constantly on her phone, so when there is an hour lapse, its noticable. Why is it not believable that after a night of being on the phone all night, she took a nap, and a unattended child could not get in the pool ? After this hour lapse, the phone starts calling Cindy and George, they didnt pick up, so how do you really know she didn't panic? I have seen the pings and call records, and this is why I believe the pool theory.

I soooo would like to believe this version, and for so long I wanted to believe it, but the "spiteful b____" comment to Lee the night Cindy tracked her down just doesn't make sense in the context of an accidental drowning.

Why? Because pretty white girls don't kill their kids?

There was no evidence of an accident. And KC sitting in jail for 3 years and risking the DP was plenty of evidence there was no accident.

There was no evidence that she killed her either. It is all speculation, just as the accident theory. If you are going to charge someone with murder, then you better be able to back that up with more than google searches and duct tape. Juror number #3 said that she did not feel comfortable convicting someone if she had to reach for that conviction. She also said that the prosecution did not prove their case.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npei98z8EE4"]YouTube - ‪Exclusive: Casey Anthony Juror No. 3‬‏[/ame]

They would have believed her if she had reported it the day it happened. (Child drownings are very common in Florida.) They certainly would have believed her had GA been involved and backed-up her story.

They would have believe her at any time as long as an autopsy confirmed the story with, say, water in Caylee's lungs. They would have had to believe her.

But she made sure her daughter's body was transported in a hot car and then exposed to the elements until it was no longer possible for an autopsy to confirm an accidental drowning.

And she should be rewarded for that? Given the benefit of the doubt?

A far more reasonable conclusion (given the lies she told to delay acknowledging that her daughter was missing) is that she had something illegal to hide and so made sure there was little to no forensic evidence for the coroner to evaluate.

There was coloring in the skull consistent with drowning. Driving in a hot car means nothing, and usually murderous people have a location picked out to dispose of the person, it can be argued she couldnt let her ROTTING child go.

Also, yes, she could have called the cops, but she tried her mom and couldnt get her and panicked, imo, for those really interested in the TRUTH, perhaps you should look at her activity the night and day of the 15/16th.

And AGAIN, she was not supposed to be at the house when the accident happened, she is not a truthful person to begin with, this combined with known past behavior of not handeling things well, these things can happen.

Ok so now explain the duct tape, chloroform, computer searches....
I could go on and on!

She killed Caylee. Jury got it wrong.

I soooo would like to believe this version, and for so long I wanted to believe it, but the "spiteful b____" comment to Lee the night Cindy tracked her down just doesn't make sense in the context of an accidental drowning.

I thought she said "Because maybe I'm a spiteful b...." IMO, she was being sarcastic.

I used to do the same thing wtih my older "adult" sisters. Sarcasm was my biggest defense mechanism. Especially when they would ask me a "dumb" question meaning a question they already knew the answer too but kept asking the obvious.

There is a huge difference between what is speculated to be true, what seems to make sense, and what can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

I served as a juror on a murder trial (gang related). We, the members of the jury, came to believe the person was likely guilty; however, the defense raised reasonable doubt. Even though we thought the person was most likely guilty, we abided by the law and returned a not guilty verdict.

The prosecutor asked to speak to the jury after the trial and most of us agreed to meet with her. She asked what had raised reasonable doubt. Unfortunately (we learned then), she could have refuted what were issues for us but she did not do so during the trial. At the end, she thanked us for our service and told us we had done what we were supposed to do. She also pointed out that people who commit crimes don't usually stop and the person would likely end up in court again.

It was an eye opening process. I'd encourage you not to judge the jury. They did their job even if you don't like the result. I'd also wager that if you ever find yourself facing a court, you will be glad that our system puts the burden of proof on the prosecution.

JMHO

I agree with you, even though I feel she is guilty, she will do something again, that will put her behind bars just like OJ he became too cocky (sp) and he is where he should be, it is just a matter of time, and I do not care what anyone says, her family knows she harmed little Caylee, and they have to deal with that fact for the rest of their lives, and Mr H. B. has made a name for himself, but I am sure that the judge knew she was guilty, but could do nothing about it, very sad that she was able to walk!!

Most all evidence could be applied to an accident as well as a murder. So without knowing which, you couldn't convict on murder

The duct tape - could have been used to make it look like a kidnapping after an accident
The 31 Days - waiting because too scared to tell mom about accident (especially if it was something really bad and negligent like OD on chloroform (my theory))
The Chloroform Searches - could have been related to Tony and could have been related to an OD accident.
The Stinky Trunk - same thing ....could have transported a dead body whether an accident or a murder - trying to hide the body
Sitting in jail for an accident - if the accident was so horrendous - like od of chloroform she probably knew she'd be charged with manslaughter at the least.

IMHO, the only evidence that could point to murder and murder alone would be the "neck breaking" search. Probably not enough to convict. If only there was some tissue left on the body. If only the LE had listened to Kronk and found her in August, things might have gone 100% differently

picture.php

http://books.google.com/books?id=I9wDAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA157&lpg=PA157&dq=USING+CHLOROFORM++and+a+knife&source=bl&ots=nx2X8hkwjO&sig=eMlHwS0o5zelUQDSg6LYV5y2zt4&hl=en&ei=4VUVTvq4Fajz0gGY98VY&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CB8Q6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=USING%20CHLOROFORM%20%20and%20a%20knife&f=false

Has anyone seen this picture before? (I posted it in chlorolform forum..)
I would have never EVER connected the knife to cleaning the trunk liner!

Most all evidence could be applied to an accident as well as a murder. So without knowing which, you couldn't convict on murder

The duct tape - could have been used to make it look like a kidnapping after an accident
The 31 Days - waiting because too scared to tell mom about accident (especially if it was something really bad and negligent like OD on chloroform (my theory))
The Chloroform Searches - could have been related to Tony and could have been related to an OD accident.
The Stinky Trunk - same thing ....could have transported a dead body whether an accident or a murder - trying to hide the body
Sitting in jail for an accident - if the accident was so horrendous - like od of chloroform she probably knew she'd be charged with manslaughter at the least.

IMHO, the only evidence that could point to murder and murder alone would be the "neck breaking" search. Probably not enough to convict. If only there was some tissue left on the body. If only the LE had listened to Kronk and found her in August, things might have gone 100% differently

Couldn't they tell by her hair if she was being drugged?

WOW I stand corrected!
and I am changing my mind!
No way was the chloroform search a 10 second glance!
It probably WAS used to clean the trunk!
wonder who cleaned the trunk THAT good?

IMO, a big part of why so many do not understand the verdict is they had much more information than was presented as evidence in court.

Many people (thanks to Nancy Grace) do not understand discover does not mean that it is legal evidence that can be presented in a court of law. Discovery is like mining for gold. Discovery is the dirt and that gold nuggests are the "legal" evidence that can be presented in a court of law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee