Formal Sentencing - August 24 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
4 officers in the court standing to "protect" this guy from harm. Judge speaking about prior criminal cases before giving his sentences.

He is trying to put his hands in pockets he doesn't appear to have just to look nonchalant as he is sentenced to prison for the rest of his natural life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if any of the victims/family members will shout anything out after the sentencing. I would be so tempted.

Judge just gave the max sentence of 48 years for one of the first charges of attempted murder in the first degree.

eta: and is continuing to give the max sentence of 48 years for the attempted first degree murder charges.

There is also a 5 years of mandatory parole at the end on there- but I think that is not really relevant since his other LWOP sentence.

48 years for attempted murder. Maximum sentence!

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 4m4 minutes ago
#TheaterShooting Judge 1st going through 12 life sentences for murder, which were automatic after conviction. Live: http://link.kdvr.com/1NHTrf2

croakerqueen123 ‏@croakerqueen · 8m8 minutes ago
#theatershooting #theatertrial Sentencing - Day 3 - Part 1: http://youtu.be/Pr8CVYwMHdU?a

I wonder if any of the victims/family members will shout anything out after the sentencing. I would be so tempted.

I would be to. It would take my love for my other family members and friends to not go after this guy if he had hurt my child. jmo

These family members and friends have unfathomable strength. jmo

Aurora Theater Trial ‏@theatershooting · 49s49 seconds ago
Live blog: Judge Carlos Samour Jr. imposes #theatershooting gunman's final sentence http://dpo.st/TheaterTrialLive

7NEWS Denver Channel ‏@DenverChannel · 1m1 minute ago
BREAKING: Aurora #theatershooting gunman getting maximum sentence for attempted murders - 48 years in prison (on top of 12 life sentences

KDVR FOX31 Denver ‏@KDVR · 1m1 minute ago
#TheaterShooting Judge giving Holmes maximum sentence of 48 years for all attempted 1st degree murder charges. Live: http://link.kdvr.com/1NHTrf2

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 55s56 seconds ago
Attempted murder charges he gets 48 years & 5 years mandatory parole #theatershooting

Anica Padilla ‏@AnicaPadilla · 40s40 seconds ago
Aurora #theatershooting gunman will serve sentences for attempted murders consecutively, per Judge Carlos Samour.

I would be to. It would take the love of my other family members and friends to not go after this guy if he had hurt my child.

think that is why the baliffs are standing where they are.....

Marshall Zelinger
@7Marshall

At least 4 jurors (2 deliberating) sitting in back row of #TheaterShooting courtroom

Marshall Zelinger
@7Marshall

Judge in #TheaterShooting calls defendant's crime "cowardly acts" in hourlong statement about case, victim concerns, fairness

Ohhh WOW..3360 years for attempted murder charges + 12 LWOP ..
Each of those attempted 1st degree murder & 5 years of mandatory parole ..however it's moot since he'll never get parole in any one of those 70 attempted murders.

I made it to hear this..still waiting for brother to arrive here !!

48 years seems so insignificant for what Ashley Moser has had happen to her. :( It was hard for me to hear that sentence. Not enough at all imo.

so 12 life sentences + 3120 years for attempted murder!
wonder if that is a record?

48 years seems so insignificant for what Ashley Moser has had happen to her. :( It was hard for me to hear that sentence. Not enough at all imo.

I was thinking the same thing when I heard Ashley Moser's name - deserved it's own life sentence (as well as for the other people he sentenced to lives in wheelchairs).
I know he will never get out, but his crimes are unthinkable, IMO.

I think the shooter is so drugged up this whole thing is just a blur.

Where are Brady and Higgs? Can't they bear to see their pet sentenced?!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back