Former Defense Attorney,Todd Macaluso *Merged*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, well, well, look who's active to practice again as of 12/22/2010, wonder if he'd be allowed back :waitasec::

http://members.calbar.ca.gov/search/member_detail.aspx?x=133009

Macaluso, Todd E
The case entered is associated with lead case number 06-O-14552.

» New Search

Case Name: Macaluso, Todd E Case Number: 06-O-14552
Member #: 133009 Venue: LA
Counsel: David C. Carr Deputy Trial Counsel: Charles A. Murray
Assigned Judge: Richard Platel Next Scheduled Event: Alternative Discipline Program Conferenc 03/07/2011

Date Description Notes

12/21/2010 Hearing Order RELIEF FROM 6233 INACTIVE/RESTRICTION EFFECTIVE DATE: 12/21/2010

12/21/2010 Document ADP STC ORDER

12/21/2010 Ruling On Motion Filed 11/30/2010: Denied RECONSIDER COURTS RULING DENYING ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE

12/21/2010 Ruling On Motion Filed 12/06/2010: Granted MOTION TO RESUME ACTIVE STATUS

12/20/2010 Alternative Discipline Program Conferenc HELD,CONTINUED

12/16/2010 Motion Response MOTION TO RESUME ACTIVE STATUS

12/15/2010 Alternative Discipline Program Conferenc NOT HELD,CONTINUED

12/13/2010 Alternative Discipline Program Conferenc NOT HELD,CONTINUED

12/06/2010 Motion: Motion/Request by Respondent MOTION TO RESUME ACTIVE STATUS

12/06/2010 Motion Response RECONSIDER COURTS RULING DENYING ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE

11/30/2010 Motion: Reconsider Order by Deputy Trial Counsel RECONSIDER COURTS RULING DENYING ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE

11/23/2010 Document ADP STC ORDER

11/22/2010 Alternative Discipline Program Conferenc HELD,CONTINUED

11/18/2010 Document STATE BAR'S RESPONSE TO ORDER TO SHOW CA USE RE TERMINATION FROM THE ALTERNATIVE

11/10/2010 Document ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE

11/04/2010 Document REPLY TO OPPOSITION TO MOTION TO RETURN TO ACTIVE STATUS AND EVIDENTIARY OBJECT

11/02/2010 Document ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE

11/02/2010 Ruling On Motion Filed 10/15/2010: Denied MOTION TO RETURN TO ACTIVE STATUS

10/27/2010 Motion Response MOTION TO RETURN TO ACTIVE STATUS

10/15/2010 Motion: Motion/Request by Respondent MOTION TO RETURN TO ACTIVE STATUS

09/22/2010 Document ADP STATUS CONFERENCE ORDER

09/21/2010 Alternative Discipline Program Conferenc HELD,CONTINUED

08/27/2010 Document NOTICE OF CHANGE OF ADDRESS

07/19/2010 Document SUPPLEMENTAL DECLARATION RE: COMPLIANCE WITH RULE 9.20

07/06/2010 Document SUPPLEMENTAL DECLARATION RE COMPLIANCE W ITH RULE 9.20

06/17/2010 Alternative Discipline Program Conferenc HELD,CONTINUED

06/04/2010 Document DECLARATION RE COMPLIANCE WITH RULE 9.20 RULES OF COURT

05/24/2010 Document NOTICE OF TELEPHONIC CONFERENCE

04/19/2010 Alternative Discipline Program Conferenc NOT HELD,OFF CALENDAR

04/08/2010 Document ADP STATUS CONFERENCE ORDER

04/05/2010 Alternative Discipline Program Conferenc HELD,CONTINUED

02/08/2010 Hearing Order TRANSFER INACTIVE B&P 6233 EFFECTIVE DATE: 04/26/2010
http://apps.statebarcourt.ca.gov/dockets/dockets.aspx

Why does it not surprise me that Santa Claus showed up in Calf!?!?!

Edit - slow down Nums this reply was just in connection with his right to practice!

Why does it not surprise me that Santa Claus showed up in Calf!?!?!

Edit - slow down Nums this reply was just in connection with his right to practice!

sorry I'm in :websleuther: mode, no worries, I'm exhausted too. I'll go now :couch:

goodnight

It also appears that he has several civil actions filed against him, I'm guessing he used his "hardship" as a tool in his motion to return active.

Search his name as a defendant here: http://www.sdcourt.ca.gov/portal/page?_pageid=55,1056871&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

OUCH -- collections galore to FRAUD and malpractice. Well, he will be spending lots of time in court, but something tells me he won't be getting paid for it!

Lawyers to CPA's to contractor's to clients......and the list goes on and on and on!
I think I will bookmark this puppy and whenever I *think* I am having a bad day -- I will peek and know my day is going great!

Ok, wow. Evidently there needs to be some SERIOUS reform in what these Bar associations are allowing to happen. Macaluso is a dishonest guy who lies in open court and commits fraud and theft...and now he's practicing law again?? Who is protecting the citizenry from these attorneys? Oh that's right...other attorneys. Utterly disgusting. The legal profession needs a wake up call and some common sense. Unfortunately we keep electing attorneys to make the laws so I won't hold my breath.

Ok, wow. Evidently there needs to be some SERIOUS reform in what these Bar associations are allowing to happen. Macaluso is a dishonest guy who lies in open court and commits fraud and theft...and now he's practicing law again?? Who is protecting the citizenry from these attorneys? Oh that's right...other attorneys. Utterly disgusting. The legal profession needs a wake up call and some common sense. Unfortunately we keep electing attorneys to make the laws so I won't hold my breath.
I agree there are some serious ethical problems with this man and he shouldn't be allowed in the field imo. Lawyers, of all people should have some ethics imo

Well, well, well, look who's active to practice again as of 12/22/2010, wonder if he'd be allowed back :waitasec::

http://members.calbar.ca.gov/search/member_detail.aspx?x=133009

http://apps.statebarcourt.ca.gov/dockets/dockets.aspx

I just hope that he no longer takes his clothes off for any more youtubes! :rolleyes:

I watched that 48 hours segment last night on Caylee that I had DVR'd and in it there was an interview with JB, LKB and Macaluso...I found it amusing that they did a bit of updating as to when the trial was going to happen(since the program was from awhile ago), but said nothing about how all the "high-profile" attorneys had flown the coop, one at a time. I remember how during one interview, outside the courthouse, Macaluso was so very rude with Kathi B.

Chauvinist Jerk! :furious:

No, I'm not joking. I'm hooting with laughter here.

This is from the defense deposition of Det. John Allen:

"Other information revealed in Allen's deposition:

•California bounty hunter Leonard Padilla, who helped post Anthony's bond when she was arrested earlier and staged searches for Caylee, suggested that if investigators wanted him to take a polygraph, that it be a pay-per-view event.

• There was a video on YouTube of attorney Todd Macaluso, a former member of Anthony's defense team, running naked at the beach, while holding hands with a man who was also naked.

Macaluso filed a motion to be removed from Anthony's case in April because he was in trouble with the California Bar. The California State Bar alleged that he misappropriated about $145,000 and misused nearly $61,000 in client money.

Allen told the defense team that investigators had to follow up with a statement Macaluso made in court about Caylee's remains being placed in the woods after Anthony was in jail.

The exchange between the attorneys and Allen was included in the transcript:

Allen: "I remember at one point the guy that was on the video running around naked with a guy holding hands on the beach —

Baez: "Todd Macaluso."

Allen: "Macaluso."

Mason: "What?"

Allen: "He was on a video, a U-Tube [sic] video running in the water holding hands with some other guy naked. You probably saw it, right?"

Mason: "Was it Jeff?"

Allen: "That guy stood up in court —"

Drane Burdick: "I'm sorry, you said (Assistant State Attorney) Jeff Ashton?"

Allen: "The guy he was holding hands with wasn't Jeff Ashton …"

Drane Burdick: "Was it Jose?"

Baez: "It was not Jose."

Baez then asked that they go off the record. "I'm trying to get this picture out of my head," he said.

Here's a link to the full article: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...rial-depositions-20110318,0,335491,full.story

John Allen's deposition is one of the ones I can not wait to read. The excerpts I have seen so far are so good between John Allen, Jose Baez and Linda Drane-Burdick. I think I am looking forward to this deposition more than Roy Kronk's. I think I'm going to need a good laugh before I get into Roy Kronk's deposition. Something tells me the defense was not very nice to him.

Thank you AlwaysShocked, I am still laughing about that!

Was it Jose? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I wish I could have watched a few faces during that couple of seconds.....

I remember seeing this video when we (WSers) first became aware of it. It was a low-budget film, I recall a helicopter landing them on a beach/deserted island scenario. It seems to have disappeared from the intertubes and while this may be a blessing--I do wonder if some savvy sleuth doesn't have a copy parked on some drive somewhere?

Even if not, I can't believe Mason's asinine remark about JA during the depo. And kudos to LDB for stepping right up for her partner!

Head Shaking. You would think a fully formed adult would have figured out that the internet is forever.

Head Shaking. You would think a fully formed adult would have figured out that the internet is forever.

Oh believe--please not to tempt me with the obvious and possibly Time-Out-able joke here!!!!

:silenced:

(Goes to corner and waits patiently for video to resurface.) :innocent:

I remember seeing this video when we (WSers) first became aware of it. It was a low-budget film, I recall a helicopter landing them on a beach/deserted island scenario. It seems to have disappeared from the intertubes and while this may be a blessing--I do wonder if some savvy sleuth doesn't have a copy parked on some drive somewhere?

Even if not, I can't believe Mason's asinine remark about JA during the depo. And kudos to LDB for stepping right up for her partner!

LDB is so funny... I love her!! There is another part where Jose is complaining about LE not calling him before arresting Casey on the check fraud charges and John Allen basically says that he doesn't have to tell anyone when he is about to arrest someone and Jose says "You would think there would be some professional courtesy" and LDB says "There is." and Jose says "Just not in this case?" and Linda says "Right." :floorlaugh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarrilinaCali
Back