Former President Jimmy Carter has entered into hospice care.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The world is a better place because of President and Mrs. Carter.
They embodied the true meanings of service, kindness, and faith.

Rest well, Mrs. Carter. I know your beloved husband will be with you soon.
President Carter knew that his beloved Rosalynn needed him to be with her until she passed. I think it won't be long until Jimmy joins Rosalynn. JMO

Last edited:
ATLANTA (AP) — Since Jimmy Carter entered hospice care at his home in south Georgia one year ago, the former U.S. president has celebrated his 99th birthday, enjoyed tributes to his legacy and lost his wife of 77 years.

Rosalynn Carter, who died in November, about six months after the Carter family disclosed her dementia diagnosis, lived only a few days under hospice supervision, with her frail husband at her bedside.

Experts on end-of-life care say the Carters’ different paths show the range of an oft-misunderstood service. Those advocates commend the Carter family for demonstrating the realities of aging, dementia and death. They express hope that the attention spurs more Americans to seek out services intended to help patients and families in the latter stages of life.

“It’s been massive to have the Carters be so public,” said Angela Novas, chief medical officer for the Hospice Foundation of America, based in Washington. “It has shed hospice in a new light, and it’s raised questions” for people to learn more...

Last edited:
Jimmy Carter is within sight of making history yet again. Sunday marks 100 days until Carter would become the first president to witness his own 100th birthday.

Statistically, Americans have a less than 1% chance of living to 100. And Carter faces particularly significant challenges in reaching the milestone. For the past 16 months, he’s been in hospice, end-of-life care that focuses on comfort and foregoes medical intervention. Half of people in hospice die within 17 days, according to the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization.

Yet as Carter inches closer to his 100th birthday on Oct. 1, defying odds and expectations, preparations are gearing up for the landmark event — including a 100-mile bike ride and a film festival in his home state of Georgia. Some oddsmakers are not only taking bets on whether he will make it to his birthday but whether he will live long enough to see the end of the Ukraine war...

Jimmy Carter is within sight of making history yet again. Sunday marks 100 days until Carter would become the first president to witness his own 100th birthday.

Statistically, Americans have a less than 1% chance of living to 100. And Carter faces particularly significant challenges in reaching the milestone. For the past 16 months, he’s been in hospice, end-of-life care that focuses on comfort and foregoes medical intervention. Half of people in hospice die within 17 days, according to the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization.

Yet as Carter inches closer to his 100th birthday on Oct. 1, defying odds and expectations, preparations are gearing up for the landmark event — including a 100-mile bike ride and a film festival in his home state of Georgia. Some oddsmakers are not only taking bets on whether he will make it to his birthday but whether he will live long enough to see the end of the Ukraine war...
And, he's proving this saying wrong: "Only the good die young."

jmo

I am just a bit worried about a jinx....
Thinking of Betty White...

...Jason, 48, told the outlet that Jimmy is no longer awake every day at this point in his hospice journey. And when the 39th president's four children make their frequent visits, they can't predict the state their father will be in.

"[He's] experiencing the world as best he can as he continues through this process," Jason said...

A recent news item said he was not even in a conscious state anymore. 100 days would be a long time to remain in that state, JMO
I remember feeling very uncomfortable whenever the camera focused on the former President during Mrs. Carter's funeral service (see photo in article below). JC was lying back in a wheelchair and didn't seem to be awake. I wondered if he had any awareness of where he was or what was going on :(

I remember feeling very uncomfortable whenever the camera focused on the former President during Mrs. Carter's funeral service (see photo in article below). JC was lying back in a wheelchair and didn't seem to be awake. I wondered if he had any awareness of where he was or what was going on :(

I'm sure he knew. Maybe not in his mind, but in his heart.

I do remember feeling sad as well....but was hopeful in spirit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unique sky 6793
Back