Former Tenant talks about Haleigh's Trailer

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't get the description of this home, as it looks bigger than mine. I have a master bath that is "in" my bedroom per se, 2 doors (side by side) separate it. I have a queen bed in mine, and have no trouble walking around it. On the back side of my bedroom is the laundry room, which has the infamous side door. These walls are like paper and you can hear people walking. However, DD can get in late from school stuff..if I'm sleeping I don't hear her.

Reverand Smallwood also described the master bedroom as being small. I thought I heard him say 10ft by 10ft. He said he had a queen-sized bed and it was difficult walking around it.
Yes that's what I heard him say too. So Misty's saying there was also another bed in the room that Haleigh was on? The only way I can see enough room is if there was no other furniture in the bedroom. MOO

Okay, fwiw, my room could be 10x 10, I just walked it off with my feet. I have a queen bed, several dressers around each side on the wall, and I could probably fit a toddler bed at one end, and that would be tight. Who knows...

Did he say how many bedrooms it had? Because it looks larger (longer than mine) and mine is 3 bedroom/2 bath.

You can definitely hear people walking - my bedroom is right off the living room and I run 2 fans to try to deafen sounds of teens - because i"m old and go to sleep much earlier than they do!!

Id bet everyone is sleeping in one room b/c there is a TV in there. I'd say one in living room, one in bedroom. who knows. Maybe Haleigh and Ron are scared to sleep alone, especially when daddys not home..

Putting both kids in one room with the tv then closing the bedroom door and locking or jamming it shut. The perfect babysitter. Unless a predator is in the area.

Okay, fwiw, my room could be 10x 10, I just walked it off with my feet. I have a queen bed, several dressers around each side on the wall, and I could probably fit a toddler bed at one end, and that would be tight. Who knows...

Did he say how many bedrooms it had? Because it looks larger (longer than mine) and mine is 3 bedroom/2 bath.

You can definitely hear people walking - my bedroom is right off the living room and I run 2 fans to try to deafen sounds of teens - because i"m old and go to sleep much earlier than they do!!

They said both beds were just mattresses. No box springs.

Most toddler beds use a crib mattress. I can see a queen or a double bed fitting in the room and a crib size mattress.

One thing the former tenant didn't seem to mention is the handicap ramp by the back door, so I wonder if that's a recent add-on ~ and maybe the floors were redone at that time? I still think they'd make some noise though since the mobile home isn't on a concrete slab. MOO

Gee I thought that the landlord's parents had only passsed away recently after which their home was rented out. Not a decade ago.

At 17 I could sleep through anything. Come on, you have all had teenagers - tell me that they don't sleep like hibernating bears.

Gee I thought that the landlord's parents had only passsed away recently after which their home was rented out. Not a decade ago.

At 17 I could sleep through anything. Come on, you have all had teenagers - tell me that they don't sleep like hibernating bears.

I looked at the Putnam County Tax Appraiser's web site. It looks like she may have died in 2001 but estate wasn't finalized until 2003.

Other info from there:

1995 model mobile home
1248 sq ft (at 24 wide this would make it 52' in length)
144 sq ft porch

Also noted from the site:
In Putnam County approximately one-half of the residential dwellings are mobile homes (also known as manufactured housing).

http://www1.putnam-fl.com/live/papage.asp?id=8131

Reverand Smallwood also described the master bedroom as being small. I thought I heard him say 10ft by 10ft. He said he had a queen-sized bed and it was difficult walking around it.

That sounds rather small for a master bedroom, especially considering the MH was 24' wide. I would have thought the room would be 12' X something.

Yep...I'm way beyond teenage years and have actually slept through a major hurricane.

What I don't understand about the home is this...

I read in a comment from the landlord that Ronald had lived in a different trailer, next to him, before he moved into this one. The landlord then indicated that Ronald expressed interest in getting another trailer, so each of the kids could have their own rooms, so the landlord rented THIS trailer (the current one, from which Haleigh disappeared) to the family.

Well, here's my question: If Ronald and family specifically moved into this trailer so each of the kids could have their own room, then WHY is everyone sleeping in one room? I heard tonight on NG that a toddler bed was in Master bedroom, too. She also indicated that one of the rooms was used as a playroom. Wouldn't that leave one extra room? I wonder what was in it, that they could each have their own rooms, if this is why they specifically moved?

Thoughts?

My kids still like to sleep out in the living room (with their father...which is a whole different story) or with me than to sleep in their own room. They just feel safer. And because my kids have suffered some trauma of their own (husband was on meth and left us many times...he is now clean and graduating from drug court) I don't question it. I realize that sometime in their lives, it might be a good idea for them to sleep in their own beds. But for now, I just want them to feel as secure as they can in their family life.

I am sure Haleigh and Junior have seen some turmoil and sadness in their short little lives as well. Perhaps they didn't feel safe enough to be in their own rooms yet.

And since I hardly post, I hope this isn't filled with TMI.

What I don't understand about the home is this...

I read in a comment from the landlord that Ronald had lived in a different trailer, next to him, before he moved into this one. The landlord then indicated that Ronald expressed interest in getting another trailer, so each of the kids could have their own rooms, so the landlord rented THIS trailer (the current one, from which Haleigh disappeared) to the family.

Well, here's my question: If Ronald and family specifically moved into this trailer so each of the kids could have their own room, then WHY is everyone sleeping in one room? I heard tonight on NG that a toddler bed was in Master bedroom, too. She also indicated that one of the rooms was used as a playroom. Wouldn't that leave one extra room? I wonder what was in it, that they could each have their own rooms, if this is why they specifically moved?

Thoughts?

The other house was in worse shape, and this was an upgrade, inside and/or outside and he just used the extra room as an excuse?
And, he didn't like living right next door to the landlord. I live right next door to the park manager, and own vs rent in a manufactured home park which is a lovely park btw. But it's just me and my disabled son, so we don't make noise, and feel more secure with them next door, but if I were young, and with kids, and a spouse, I probably wouldn't want to be so close to the park manager. jmo

Red_Riv_N520_flr.gif

This may be a bit of what it looks like in their home. The garden tub is in the left lower corner. Usually when there is a garden tub, there is also a seperate shower, which in this master bathroom is in the opposite corner .

My kids still like to sleep out in the living room (with their father...which is a whole different story) or with me than to sleep in their own room. They just feel safer. And because my kids have suffered some trauma of their own (husband was on meth and left us many times...he is now clean and graduating from drug court) I don't question it. I realize that sometime in their lives, it might be a good idea for them to sleep in their own beds. But for now, I just want them to feel as secure as they can in their family life.

I am sure Haleigh and Junior have seen some turmoil and sadness in their short little lives as well. Perhaps they didn't feel safe enough to be in their own rooms yet.

And since I hardly post, I hope this isn't filled with TMI.

Not at all too much TMI. I'm more guilty of that than most people on here! My lil one sleeps with me also....but mainly because I can get him to bed and we watch tv in my room. And his teen brother doesn't want him in "their room"!!

o/t - good luck with your hubby....my sim. situation didn't work out so well but we are fine.

Red_Riv_N520_flr.gif

This may be a bit of what it looks like in their home. The garden tub is in the left lower corner. Usually when there is a garden tub, there is also a seperate shower, which in this master bathroom is in the opposite corner .

bingo. except I don't have the morning room. good find.

Somebody check up on the "Rev." The parents died in 2001 and estate wasn't settled until 2003. He didn't live there a decade ago.

I am always suspect of anyone who calls themselves "Dr." who isn't an MD.

Id bet everyone is sleeping in one room b/c there is a TV in there. I'd say one in living room, one in bedroom. who knows. Maybe Haleigh and Ron are scared to sleep alone, especially when daddys not home..
I agree... I also suspect Misty may have preferred to have the children sleep with her in the same room while Ron was working for the same reason. That trailer/ mobile home does seem rather secluded, probably even more so in the dark of night. Misty may have wanted the kids in the same room with her at night as a type of security blanket for herself, also. Somehow would make her feel less alone, less vulnerable. Sadly ironic, in light of things.

This confirms my suspicion that the GF was either in a stupor (drugs / alcohol) or absent.

I have to disagree as I am a mother of three boys and have been known to sleep through an atomic bomb.I just don't think we can make that kind of assumption until we have the facts, IMO of course. Although I do think Misty is leaving something out I am waiting for LE to tell me more before I will draw such a significant conclusion.

Isnt Misty afraid of the dark? I am and I am old enough to be her Mother.
I cant see her leaving that place unless someone came and picked her up in a car.
But that wouldnt be very responsible, leaving the children.
I babysat when I was 16 and NEVER thought to leave the house. I was a very responsible type though.
This time of yr in FL it gets dark around 6:30-7. I wonder if someone came around 9 and picked her up. IMO the kids wouldve been fast asleep at 9 or earlier. When my son was 5, he was in bed at 8PM.
Something is just really wrong with the entire story:(
As far as the kids being afraid of the dark, my sons room was never totally dark. We had a night light in his room at age 5.
As long as Misti had all the doors locked, I dont know why she would be
afraid and want to sleep with the kids.
I hope Hayleigh is found but this is looking bad.

I agree... I also suspect Misty may have preferred to have the children sleep with her in the same room while Ron was working for the same reason. That trailer/ mobile home does seem rather secluded, probably even more so in the dark of night. Misty may have wanted the kids in the same room with her at night as a type of security blanket for herself, also. Somehow would make her feel less alone, less vulnerable. Sadly ironic, in light of things.

But if she WAS in the bedroom with Hayleigh, how could someone come in and kidnap her! I think I would hear something.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeCoffeeMa
Back