Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO foxfire was right about the spreading of evidence into different parishes.
That implies quite a bit of planning on BSL's part to me.

How do you suppose they would be able to determine the man apparently died of natural causes so quickly without an autopsy, etc?

I am not even going to guess at whether or not someone else tipped off LE; I never believed he had any accomplice, but then again I also never believed he would confess in a million years, and one of those things seems to have happened, IMO...just will wait to hear from LE.

Did anyone see this post on the Katc facebook page or website?

Lafayette Police Cpl. Paul Mouton confirms that police believe remains found in Evangeline Parish are Mickey Shunick's. However, Chief Jim Craft stresses they are not 100 percent certain.

I am not even going to guess at whether or not someone else tipped off LE; I never believed he had any accomplice, but then again I also never believed he would confess in a million years, and one of those things seems to have happened, IMO...just will wait to hear from LE.

I agree. I can not imagine an accomplice or bsl confessing.

How do you suppose they would be able to determine the man apparently died of natural causes so quickly without an autopsy, etc?

Gee Chee, I'm not sure - possibly because of his age? (answering my own question - never mind me - it's been a loooong day).

WAFB in Baton Rouge has also said that it is indeed Mickey.

On the 5pm news, WAFB said it might be Mickey or something to the effect that rumors are that it is Mickey. Did that change on the 6pm news?

I read or heard it was a man slumped over dead in his truck of a heart attack. No connection to Mickey.

I agree. I can not imagine an accomplice or bsl confessing.

IF he did confess...it may have been this AM after a long pow-wow with his lawyers yesterday, going over the documents.

But I wonder if it is possible that someone close to him alerted LE to his knowledge and/or familiarity with this cemetery? And didn't really know anything?

7 am seems like an odd time for a confession. If his lawyers were going to tell le wouldn't they have made an appt to go in and have a meeting?
I have no idea but seems to me that is how they would do it and 7am is an unusual meeting time.
If bsl confessed on his own, I don't know 7am seems odd for that too.
If it was an accomplice...7am? ..maybe

It kept somebody up all night and they had to get it off their chest?

Gee Chee, I'm not sure - possibly because of his age? (answering my own question - never mind me - it's been a loooong day).

You funny chee,
IMO they could not possibly know he died of natural causes unless he was legitimately buried there in a plot. The thing with that is that if she was buried on top of a prior burial they would not say they found a body, IMO. Because he would be inside a casket which is placed inside a vault...no way bsl broke into that....unless the rules for burial in a private cemetary do not require a vault.

On the 5pm news, WAFB said it might be Mickey or something to the effect that rumors are that it is Mickey. Did that change on the 6pm news?

My son called from La. a bit after 5pm to tell me that they had found Mickey. I went to WAFB and they said it was Mickey and then went on to retell the whole story from when she was first missing to Brandon L. being arrested and arraigned etc.

Didn't read WAFB, but earlier this evening, just an hour ago, WWL-TV posted this:
TV station KLFY in Lafayette says it has confirmed through multiple sources that the body of Mickey Shunick, who has been missing for months, has been found in Evangeline Parish.

I just refreshed the page and it now reads like this:
LAFAYETTE, La. - The Lafayette coroner is attempting to identify the body of a woman believed to be missing college student Mickey Shunick in Evangeline Parish.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/Lafayette-TV-station-reports-Mickey-Shunicks-body-found-165330076.html

I believe it is Mickey, but apparently there is also some CYA going on which is adding to the confusion. In other words, someone jumped the gun. JMO :moo:

I believe they know it's Mickey but need to make official confirmation.

I think they probably have her dental records on hand and should be able to make the 100% identification tonight. They messed up so much today, it is the least they can do, IMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx