Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well what if BSL confessed after that report and the statement from LE " if someone else knows where she is and does not come forward they will be charged." and BSL was trying to cover for someone else...to keep them out of jail...like someone close to him. Guy or Gal MOO

I just don't see him as the type to cover for anyone but his own precious hide... I don't think he has one ounce of humanity in his soul... I don't think he had a momentary spark of decency and shared where Mickey was out of the goodness of his heart. If he buried her, I don't think he did it out of respect to her. And I think the only person BSL would put any effort or care into keeping out of jail is his own coward a$$... I have no tolerance or sympathy for these people, especially today... no patience whatsoever. I think what he did to Mickey is pure evil... I don't think it's fair that while she is out in the woods right now or in a body bag that he is enjoying the "rights" entitled to him by our legal system, eating, breathing, and making deals to save his life. Mickey wasn't cut a deal... I'm glad she was found, but I hate that it might have saved his life. Ironic... twisted, imo

Rant over. And not directed at your post... Just jumping off of it...

All jmo.

I agree they wont totally confirm until they have "proof" it's Micky (fingerprints, DNA, dental records).
However they firmly believe it is Mickey.

Ville Platte is about 30 minutes from his home. It's not the most direct route to Texas and not on the way. Essentially, you'd take 190 to 13 north to 29 to get to VP. However, from what I've read, she was located on the way to Oakdale. From his home, you'd take 190 west to 13 north in Eunice and continue on 13 past Mamou to a community called Vidrine where there is an intersection called "the y.". At the y you'd take a left on to Oakdale Ft Polk Allen Parish area. Vidrine is important because that's where he raped the young lady that put him in jail in the first place.

I think he would have avoided the highway as much as possible and from where his house is located taken back roads to either 103 through Prairie Ronde to 104 to 376 outside Mamou to 10 (vidrine rd) to the cemetery.
If not from his house I think he would have taken 190w to 95 to 10 to the cemetery.

He had a truck and was well accustomed to back road driving and I think he would have chosen to avoid going into downtown Eunice via 10
miles on a divided highway to get onto Hwy 13 to go north. I think he would have traveled the roads he knew would have very little traffic.
JMO.

I just don't see him as the type to cover for anyone but his own precious hide... I don't think he has one ounce of humanity in his soul... I don't think he had a momentary spark of decency and decided to shared where Mickey was out of the goodness of his heart. If he buried her, I don't think he did it out of respect to her. And I think the only person BSL would put any effort or care into keeping out of jail is his own coward a$$... I have no tolerance or sympathy for these people, especially today... no patience whatsoever. I think what he did to Mickey is pure evil... I don't think it's fair that while she is out in the woods right now or in a body bag that he is enjoying the "rights" entitled to him by our legal system, eating, breathing, and making deals to save his life. Mickey wasn't cut a deal... I'm glad she was found, but I hate that it might have saved his life. Ironic... twisted, imo

Rant over. And not directed at your post... Just jumping off of it...

All jmo.

Like I said, sometimes LIVING with your sins is worse than dying because of them.

There is a very slim possibility that someone might have noticed his truck going into or leaving the cemetery & called to report it to the police in that county/parish - they went and checked the property, noticed the freshly dug grave & called to tell the other county/parish police what they found - freshly dug dirt. I so want it to be anything BUT BSL confessing and telling where he placed her. He doesn't deserve any deal (life in prison vs the death penalty) if he is found guilty of her murder.

well, i give all props to god. I knew that the only way they'd find her was if he told. I've been praying hard that he would. Regardless if his telling will benefit him or not, he will still never see the light of day as a free man...and sometimes living with your sins is worse than dying because of them.

"and sometimes ...... Because of them."

well said, mamaroux !! I like that quote !!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deuKdsxdLM4"]"Calling All Angels" to Find Mickey Shunick Now - YouTube[/ame]

"Calling All Angels" RIP Mickey Schunick..

Like I said, sometimes LIVING with your sins is worse than dying because of them.

He didn't seem to suffer and feel a need to confess about Lisa's murder for these past many years...I don't believe he had an attack of conscious...

How utterly awful. I suppose we all knew Mickey was gone, but, I still hoped. Any any rate, my thoughts and prayers are with her Family, Friends and everyone here at WS who put so much time and effort into bring Mickey home.

You locals who joined us, I am sorry it is has been under such circumstances, but, I really have enjoyed hearing from you all! You Cajuns Rock!

Mickey Shunick's Body Found

TV10 has confirmed that the body of Mickey Shunick had been found in Evangeline Parish. We're working to get you the latest information. We have multiple crews on the story.

Join us at 5:00 PM for full updates.

https://www.facebook.com/KLFYTV10

Wow today is an amazing day. The body of Saltair Sally a case that I have been following for years has been identified and Mickey has been found. Thank God. I am glad for Mickey's family and at the same time so very saddened. I really have no words

I think it is this one, not beaver creek.

I think you may be right... I originally brought up Beaver Creek, but then discounted it because it appears to be a lot further off of 10 then what is being reported... We will know here shortly...

All jmo.

I wonder if the dogs alerted under his trailer, then those 3 empty graves. If so we will learn at trial and that would mean he did have an accomplice. Perhaps he met a like minded person. Heck it wouldn't be the first time. O'Toole and Lucas come to my mind. Maybe someone he met in his previous time in jail. Poster GarryB did state he had a friend, but didn't know his name and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne