Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like all of you, i have been so emotionally invested in this from early on. We are all grieving now, even though many of us have no "direct ties" to Mickey. Today is my wedding anniversary. I never thought today would also mark what has happened. A bittersweet anniversary August 7th will be from now on. Today should be declared "Mickey's Day", because she is a hero and saved more lives than we'll ever know. Finally, Mickey can be brought home :(

Thank you and looking at the photo of the grave site, I don't think BSL could move one of those cement tops on a grave by himself so either he left her in the brush or he had help.

Eek! Is that all that keeps an above ground casket safe from sicko necromaniacs (like this murderer)? Is there a locked vault below the cement slab?

Just an armchair opinion but i think he did take her to his home. Then buried her behind the cemetery. Mickey fought back and caused his injuries. He gave up Mickeys location to save himself from the DP. I'll bet his Lawyers have told him of the evidence on 2 murders and the only way to save himself. LE knows it's her but waiting on official confirmation :moo:

Why would LE come out and say he acted alone? I haven't seen any reporters ask if he had an accomplice only me here that I've read. So why would they go out of their way to say that?

They probably were asked and it just is not in the article. I am sure reporters were asking if Brandon or someone else led them to this spot. So in a roundabout way, LE kind of confirmed for me that it was in fact Brandon. To my great shock, I might add...

:maddening:
According to this news article Brandon told where the body was

http://www.theind.com/news/11139-shunick-body-found-

My mother in law saw one of Brandon's lavergnes attorneys partner today and was told they were trying to work a deal to take the death penalty off the table. Of course this is hear say but I believe it's legit. Especially since it was published on theind.com that he gave the police location of the body.

He didn't seem to suffer and feel a need to confess about Lisa's murder for these past many years...I don't believe he had an attack of conscious...

Who is Lisa?

Sorry, I haven't been around much lately.

If BSL did in fact confess and tell where her body could be found, I wonder if he also confessed about Lisa?? Perhaps her family could have some better closure too. moo

does anyone know if TES searched this location previously or if they found the body?

Amen!! Well put . . . . and he still has that long-g-g- incarceration until the trial and IMO other inmates are known for notoriously disliking RSO's. Strange things happen and some :notgood:!!

I am wondering about a trial now... If he gave the location of her remains I suspect he will plead guilty sometime in the near future...
moo

If he does plead guilty...he will have to give all the details and they will have to match the evidence. He can't just say I killed her and here she is. Not for a deal, anyway.

I do hope he spares the families a trial...I can't imagine having to wait this out for a year or two years and then go through it all. They say you can't even begin healing until after the trial is all over.

From Twitter (with my bold):

“@WWLTV Correction: Lafayette Police feel strongly that this is Shunick. They removed clothing and jewelry, but still have to go to forensic for ID"

lunapic_134439008517409_9.gif

May God rest her soul and may sweet Michaela rest in peace :rose:

I read or heard it was a man slumped over dead in his truck of a heart attack. No connection to Mickey.

Thank you....don't know where the idea came from that Mickey was buried with this poor man. Once it's said....there seems to be no turning back. :banghead:

Why would LE come out and say he acted alone? I haven't seen any reporters ask if he had an accomplice only me here that I've read. So why would they go out of their way to say that?
Most likely because these crimes are predominantly the work of one sick mind. I am sure LE has investigated all aspects of whether BSL had an accomplice, and came up with zip. Can you imagine another person keeping such a secret in the midst of the Cajunnet?! Would be close to impossible, IMO.

Most likely because these crimes are predominantly the work of one sick mind. I am sure LE has investigated all aspects of whether BSL had an accomplice, and came up with zip. Can you imagine another person keeping such a secret in the midst of the Cajunnet?! Would be close to impossible, IMO.

Probably in a (vain) attempt to stop the rumors that an "accomplice" knew all along where she was...

According to this article, she was found between Riddell and Oakdale.

The question is, I guess, is it Oakdale Road or Oakdale the town, that they are referring to?

sources close to the investigation tell The Independent that officials were acting on information they received from Lavergne when they searched the grave site near the small cemetery between Reddell and Oakdale and found the body this morning. Those sources asked not to be identified.

http://www.theind.com/news/11139-shunick-body-found-

Although we all knew what the outcome would be, this makes me sick... sick for her, sick for her family, sick for her friends... just sick.

I have said it before and will probably say it again... one strike - one strike for the violent sex offender - and you are out! They cannot be helped, saved, or rehabilitated and they do not need a second chance with my daughters, your daughters, or anyone else's. Honestly, I could pull the switch myself...

RIP beautiful girl...

He at one time lived in Oakdale. He also could take this highway as a back road to Houston I bet. Oakdale is between Church Point and the highways that would lead you to Houston. He probably buried her on his way to Spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx