Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thought has been going thru my head ever since we saw and discussed BSL possibly having injuries and it being known Mickey carried items of protection. I'm glad she fought back. I think she royally screwed up what he thought was an easy plan. I'm so proud of her as she saved further victims. It terrifies me the wrath she may have suffered by infuriating him. It pains me to type it but hoping getting it off my chest makes it go away.

According to this article, she was found between Riddell and Oakdale.

The question is, I guess, is it Oakdale Road or Oakdale the town, that they are referring to?

Oakdale is a town. It is on Highway 167 between Alexandria and I-10. There are also back roads from Church Point through Oakdale and on to Spring. But at one time he lived in Oakdale, and that is probably when he noted this particular cemetary Just my opinion from being very familiar with Oakdale.

After all of this IMO we need to make Cajun Net something that of a reality. If someone has the means to do so I say there should be a facebook page made. Make one for those missing or runaways. I would do so but I simply cannot keep up but would love to be a part of something and would definitely be involved just I cannot run such a project. It's time for an uprising against such heinous and pointless acts of murder! Mickey has sparked a fire in Louisiana and we can keep it burning!

Please turn some eyes to Jaren, [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177225"]Found Deceased LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 05 June 2012 - #5 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame] moo

I wonder if the dogs alerted under his trailer, then those 3 empty graves. If so we will learn at trial and that would mean he did have an accomplice. Perhaps he met a like minded person. Heck it wouldn't be the first time. O'Toole and Lucas come to my mind. Maybe someone he met in his previous time in jail. Poster GarryB did state he had a friend, but didn't know his name and stuff.

If he confessed I don't know that there will be a trial. Of course, depending on what all he confessed.... there's a lot of charges. I think he will negotiate till the cows come home.
Much as I want him to be sentenced as harshly as can be done, I also want to know exactly what happened to Mickey and LP, and any others he might cough up! I think he might tell a lot to save his hide!

Poor Mickey, the poor Shunicks, this poor world. Requiescat in pace, Mickey, and all victims of heinous crimes everywhere. I long thought this would be the ultimate outcome but having it confirmed is something else. My heart goes out to the Shunicks.

There is a very slim possibility that someone might have noticed his truck going into or leaving the cemetery & called to report it to the police in that county/parish - they went and checked the property, noticed the freshly dug grave & called to tell the other county/parish police what they found - freshly dug dirt. I so want it to be anything BUT BSL confessing and telling where he placed her. He doesn't deserve any deal (life in prison vs the death penalty) if he is found guilty of her murder.
Can't BSL still get life for Lisa Pate?

I am wondering about a trial now... If he gave the location of her remains I suspect he will plead guilty sometime in the near future...
moo

Thanks, I hadn't thought about that, but you're more than likely right!! With my family members' case, they all took a plea!!

I'm not thinking real clear right now, glad you expert WS'ers are.

:cry:

This thought has been going thru my head ever since we saw and discussed BSL possibly having injuries and it being known Mickey carried items of protection. I'm glad she fought back. I think she royally screwed up what he thought was an easy plan. I'm so proud of her as she saved further victims. It terrifies me the wrath she may have suffered by infuriating him. It pains me to type it but hoping getting it off my chest makes it go away.

I too am so proud of her! I like how you worded that. I think she fought like the dickens. And I think she was more than he bargained for!
I also think he planned on ending her life regardless. She seemingly hurt him in the process.
He will never be released in the public for the rest of his life because of Mickey!

It is almost beyond comprehension that a person can be riding their bike one moment, and find themselves in a struggle for their life with a monster, the next. As much as I would like to think she was able to fight a while and injure him, I would much rather imagine she lost consciousness very quickly. It is too horrible to even imagine that she was alive and aware for more than a few minutes.

that PHOTO just breaks my ♥
lunapic_134439008517409_9.gif

I had to make something beautiful to honor her memory - but she was already beautiful in every way :rose:

Poor Mickey, the poor Shunicks, this poor world. Requiescat in pace, Mickey, and all victims of heinous crimes everywhere. I long thought this would be the ultimate outcome but having it confirmed is something else. My heart goes out to the Shunicks.

Ditto!

Didn't Mickey's father already say that he didn't want LE to bargain with BL for the whereabouts of Mickey's remains (if she was deceased)?

I believe that the reason this case was solved was because the good people of Lafayette, Church Point, Cajun Country and the entire U.S. and even the world got together and decided that everyone's opinion was valuable and they were going to lean on BSL and ALL his associates until the body was found. I think that this case should be the first and famous case where the internet was actually used as a tool and that a community of people who cared contributed their brain power to resolve a murder and pressure a criminal to confess. We will never know who ultimately influenced BS Lavergne to confess -- was it the lawyers? The girlfriend? The mother? To me, it was a very fascinating state of the art tool -- the goodness of human beings. Fascinating.

I think they probably have her dental records on hand and should be able to make the 100% identification tonight. They messed up so much today, it is the least they can do, IMO...

How did "they" mess up? All it takes is ONE young buck with a badge and a big mouth and the news travels fast around here, obviously. I commend LPD for their continued efforts and the decisions to keep so many details under wraps. There is so much that the public does not know about this case, including when the family was notified.

Didn't Mickey's father already say that he didn't want LE to bargain with BL for the whereabouts of Mickey's remains (if she was deceased)?

I recall that also. However, I don't know if the choice would be his.

Leaving now for Jefferson St. in downtown Lafayette - Going to bring a candle up on stage at karaoke and sing "Calling All Angels" for Mickey.

:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member