Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The L is coincidence in MO. if it was planned he would have placed the truck along the L shape somewhere.

I agree... I don't think it's code or anything... Like, I don't think he was marking the crime with the letter L, for Lavergne... The percentage of perpetrators that use codes, taunting messages to le, etc. is actually pretty low. Codes, conspiracies, and solving riddles are the norm on tv and in mystery novels... Not as much in real life, imo... But, it does make things interesting...

All jmo.

Checking in with the new news...and a few thoughts. They can't "confirm" without DNA or dental records but they know body decomposition, approximate size, etc. so they can be pretty confidant who the remains belong to. I also imagine BSL is talking - that he is the source of their credible tip - though he may have thrown them on a wild goose chase for awhile before sending them to the right spot.

Lastly, I am thankful to Mickey and her community that kept the heat on LE. She gave her life, but no other women are going to die from BSL. I don't know if he was already a serial killer. If not, he certainly seemed like he was going to be. But because of Mickey and the voice of her friends and family, he won't be killing anymore.

I was not a fly on the wall, but here is the scenario that I envisioned. Someone close to BSL (brother, ex-girlfriend, mother, whoever) let BSL know that they had a solid case against him both in these two crimes and probably others. It is a small town, pressure was intense. I imagine last night through a phone call or a personal visit or whatever BSL was told it was the end of the line and for his own family's sake to tell his story in the morning. I imagine he thought about it overnight and in the morning did what was planned the night before.

I also think part of the bargaining behind the scenes was the fact that L/E would say "he acted alone". I have no proof of this but I believe this is a logical scenario. Just my opinion and I base it only on instinct.

Maybe, but . . .

That is definitely a possible scenario; however, IMO that given the violence he has 'allegedly' perpetrated on several innocent women, I'm not completely convinced he has a conscience. And from what I've heard of his actions, he may be a true psychopath; i.e. no conscience----just me, me, me. Hopefully, he was giving consideration to family, friends, etc. but I 'm leaning towards him just trying to save his behind. He certainly wasn't giving consideration to all the people he hurt.

And, IMO also, I'm probably prejudiced against RSO's due to my experience. Sorry!! :blushing:

He at one time lived in Oakdale. He also could take this highway as a back road to Houston I bet. Oakdale is between Church Point and the highways that would lead you to Houston. He probably buried her on his way to Spring.

Sorry, but Oakdale is NOT on the way to Houston. From Lafayette or Churchpoint proper Oakdale is northwest and Houston is southwest.even from BSLs house which is northeast of CP proper, Oakdale
Is not on the way to Houston.

As terrible as the final result is, I am so happy for the closure that this will hopefully bring to the Shunick family. Being told that a loved one is gone and actually knowing are 2 totally different situations with different emotional outcomes. I hope with all of me that this brings them the ability to start some sort of a healing process along with the ability to actually fully grieve.

Also, lets hope this seals this bastards fate.

So...the remains were in a deep grave and clothing and jewelry were found. Body with Lafayette Parish coroner; will be 24 - 36 hours to positively identify remains.

Per KLFY 10pm broadcast

How about this;;;;BSL put MS in a grave with another already buried body...that body is a Man. MOO

I was at the scene in Evangeline Parish this afternoon. Couldn't get down the road to the cemetery because of police. But Cpl. Paul Mouton with Lafayette Police said:
They cannot say 100% that the body is Mickey Shunick but they are pretty sure it is.
He decline to say whether BSL confessed or tipped them or made a plea deal that led them to the body.
There was another body found today, but it was a man who supposedly died of natural causes.
The body suspected of being MS was not in an existing grave with another body. Someone had dug a grave and placed the body there.

--

FYI- Blue Rolfes the news director at KLFY (10) is married to Dee Stanley who is the CAO of Lafayette Parish Government. He was onsite at WB the night TES was out there at 3 in the morning.

Mr. Stanley gave the "scoop" to his wife. I'm sure she cooked a great meal for him tonite. <modsnip>

Personally, I'll take KATC over the other almost any day of the week!

Funny, as far as I can tell, Dee was nowhere near Evangeline Parish today.

Dee and Blue were married long before he was CAO. They were married when they were both working at KLFY and Dee was still a two-bit reporter just beginning to do investigative reporting and doing expose's on dark, shady dealings in City and Parish government. This was during/after Kenny Boagni's term, which as we all know, Kenny did some time for his misdeeds.

You talk about Dee like he's nothing more than a government hack and a bit corrupt to boot, passing along information to his wife through unofficial channels. Knowing the man like I do, I take umbrage. You're wrong. I've seen instances where he didn't tell his wife anything until after the fact, otherwise KLFY would be scooping everything under the sun.

Before Dee can release it to anyone, it has to go through proper channels. Before that information hits the ears of LCG, it goes through the police departments, in particular the chiefs and the members of the joint task force. Statements have to be prepared. Those "tip offs" today went to several media outlets...KATC chose to err on the side of overcaution, and the Independent was also releasing information at the same time KLFY was. Was Dee sleeping with those critters, too?

<modsnip>

MOO.

I was at the scene in Evangeline Parish this afternoon. Couldn't get down the road to the cemetery because of police. But Cpl. Paul Mouton with Lafayette Police said:
They cannot say 100% that the body is Mickey Shunick but they are pretty sure it is.
He decline to say whether BSL confessed or tipped them or made a plea deal that led them to the body.
There was another body found today, but it was a man who supposedly died of natural causes.
The body suspected of being MS was not in an existing grave with another body. Someone had dug a grave and placed the body there.

I am so confused. Was the other body found in the same area?

I think BSL acted alone but just to toss this out there for people to kick around: What if he did have someone else with him and that person is the one who caused his injuries and not Mickey (God bless her) and that person is the reason the court filing mentioned someone else being charged, etc. Maybe he and some dude were out and about and the other dude had no idea what BSL was really up to or capable of and fought BSL and lost. Not sure why this person would keep quiet all this time but lots of people don't speak up for many reasons.

My opinion is he did it alone and Mickey tore him up. When I heard about his injuries and how big he is I thought "wow, stabbed in the front and back and a trip to the hospital? That is a lot for a smaller sized woman (or man)."

Just thinking of other scenarios.

Thinking of the Shunick Family right now too. Peace be with all of you.

I'm new here and to scared to leave the page in case I can't find my way back but can someone tell me if Laffy Taffy is THAT verified? Like is she buried deep enough into this case that she would get the news before the media? I'm just scared to get excited that the family will have closure yet

Sorry... It's been a rather busy day! I have been THAT busy, I apologize for dropping the bomb here then having to run :)

Oakdale is a town. It is on Highway 167 between Alexandria and I-10. There are also back roads from Church Point through Oakdale and on to Spring. But at one time he lived in Oakdale, and that is probably when he noted this particular cemetary Just my opinion from being very familiar with Oakdale.

I10 or Interstate 10 runs east to west alond the southern part of Louisiana from the east coast through baton Rouge, Lafayette, lake Charles to Houston. Hwy 10 runs from west from Morganza to Melville to Washington to plaisance to Ville Platte to the outskirts of Reddell to Oakdale.

And to the person who asked, Hwy 10 east of Hwy 13 is also known as Vidrine Rd and to the west it is known as Oakdale Rd. On Hwy 13 there is a place with some good BBQ too!

WAFB stated that the person who told them where the body was located was a "criminal source"

Thanks, I hadn't thought about that, but you're more than likely right!! With my family members' case, they all took a plea!!

I'm not thinking real clear right now, glad you expert WS'ers are.

:cry:

{{{{BIG BEAR HUGS}}}

I bet this is rough on you.

Funny, as far as I can tell, Dee was nowhere near Evangeline Parish today.

Dee and Blue were married long before he was CAO. They were married when they were both working at KLFY and Dee was still a two-bit reporter just beginning to do investigative reporting and doing expose's on dark, shady dealings in City and Parish government. This was during/after Kenny Boagni's term, which as we all know, Kenny did some time for his misdeeds.

You talk about Dee like he's nothing more than a government hack and a bit corrupt to boot, passing along information to his wife through unofficial channels. Knowing the man like I do, I take umbrage. You're wrong. I've seen instances where he didn't tell his wife anything until after the fact, otherwise KLFY would be scooping everything under the sun.

Before Dee can release it to anyone, it has to go through proper channels. Before that information hits the ears of LCG, it goes through the police departments, in particular the chiefs and the members of the joint task force. Statements have to be prepared. Those "tip offs" today went to several media outlets...KATC chose to err on the side of overcaution, and the Independent was also releasing information at the same time KLFY was. Was Dee sleeping with those critters, too?

Before you look at Dee and call him "corrupt" in so many words, perhaps you should question Jim Craft. I hear he has a few investigations going on already regarding improprieties. I see no such things with Mr. Stanley.

MOO.

bbm

are you referring to kenny bowen? if so, i'm unaware of him ever "doing time" as you put it...there was an attempt to have him recalled during his third term, and he was a very polarizing politician, but i don't recall him ever going to jail for anything.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRsJlAJvOSM"]Eric Clapton - Tears in Heaven- YouTube[/ame]

Goodnight sleuthers :rose:

Wanted to share a scripture passage that made a profound impression on my soul 10 years ago when I lost my (young) friend -

"The souls of the righteous are in the hand of God, and no torment will ever touch them. In the eyes of the foolish they seem to have died, and their departure from us to be their destruction; but they are at peace. The righteous, though they die early, will be at rest. For old age is not honored for length of time, or measured by number of years. Being perfected in a short time, they fulfilled long years; for their souls were pleasing to the Lord, therefore he took them quickly from the midst of wickedness."
~Wisdom 3:1-3. 4:7-8, 13-14.

Prayers and love to all of Mickey's friends and loved ones tonight, and to the Lavergne family, all who have been equally helpless in the midst of wickedness.

Absolutely beautiful and fitting. Thank you for sharing. I hope the Shunicks come across this passage.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Didn't Mickey's father already say that he didn't want LE to bargain with BL for the whereabouts of Mickey's remains (if she was deceased)?

While the DA may take the families
Wishes into consideration it is not up
to them to decide if there will be any plea
Arrangements or bargaining. That is up to the DA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee