Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laffy or Claire.... Do you know the exact location Mickey was found? The name of the private cemetery? Or anyone else for that matter, has your local news run it yet? Thx.

Having followed this forum since May 22, I am proud to say I live in Lafayette. Witnessing the out pouring of love and concern, from those desperately trying to figure out what happened to Mickey, has been a very real experience.

If only other communities would learn to step up and not be afraid to report what they know about criminal activities, we could put more bad apples in jail.

The pressure this forum must have placed on BSL, LE, the media, etc. can not be ignored. Not to mention the support offered to Mickey's family and friends.

Many, many people posted to this forum - I can't thank everyone but I would like to say thanks to Fried Chicken, A.C.I., Bessie, Backwoods, K.Jill, HouDat, Aviatrix, FoxFire, LaftoSpring, cluciano63, MamaRoux, OceanMettheSky and everyone else. Ya'll made me laugh, cry and scratch my head.

Why blame LE? Maybe a family member leaked or someone from the coroners office or a nosy reporter? And, if it was LE, maybe it wasn't a male. Young buck with a badge? That is insulting. How would a young, female officer with a badge be described? :twocents:

Wrong, abrasive choice of words on my part..sorry, this case has really gotten to me. Exactly, why blame LE? My post was in defense of LE efforts in this case and in response to another in which poster states "they messed up so much today, it is the least they can do" in reference to LE involved. My assumption, my opinion that whomever reported before it could be confirmed was among the first privy to the info.

--

FYI- Blue Rolfes the news director at KLFY (10) is married to Dee Stanley who is the CAO of Lafayette Parish Government. He was onsite at WB the night TES was out there at 3 in the morning.

Mr. Stanley gave the "scoop" to his wife. I'm sure she cooked a great meal for him tonite. Heck, maybe he'll get lucky tonite, if you call it that.

Personally, I'll take KATC over the other almost any day of the week!

bbm

are you referring to kenny bowen? if so, i'm unaware of him ever "doing time" as you put it...there was an attempt to have him recalled during his third term, and he was a very polarizing politician, but i don't recall him ever going to jail for anything.

I'm having to look for the information, but I could have sworn I came across that information for time served in relation for corruption (3 months, I think?) when I had to do an investigation in 2001. Hmmm. I wonder if that was probation? *goes to look*

on the 5pm news, wafb said it might be mickey or something to the effect that rumors are that it is mickey. Did that change on the 6pm news?

lsug ~ don't have a quote or link but wbrz chan. 2 seemed definitive it was mickey.
Not sure about wafb chan. 9, haven't seen that one. Will check it out as it is taped and re-shown thru out the day / evening. Also they have updates that you have to pick up, so keep checking for a new segment.

Laffy or Claire.... Do you know the exact location Mickey was found? The name of the private cemetery? Or anyone else for that matter, has your local news run it yet? Thx.

It is Pinseclair Cemetery

Very mixed emotions tonight

My heart goes out to those who love Mickey and have held out hope for so long.

Sorry, but Oakdale is NOT on the way to Houston. From Lafayette or Churchpoint proper Oakdale is northwest and Houston is southwest.even from BSLs house which is northeast of CP proper, Oakdale
Is not on the way to Houston.

If he went from Church Point to Alexandria and then south on 167.....he would go through Oakdale on his way to hitting I-10 and on to Houston.

I agree...the goodness of human beings.
But, I do think we will find out what caused BSL to confess. And I would bet it wasn't his goodness.

No, he had no goodness. The only thing I can imagine which would cause him to confess was the lean on his total criminal enterprise. I will leave that to the imagination.

The only reason I do hope BL is the source is because that clearly links him to Mickey's murder. If someone else had found her, i.e. TES or LE or even a random person, there would still be the necessity to link her to BL. I for one don't have a problem with LWOP. That way, much less time is spent on him once he is in prison, much less attention from the media, etc...all of the DP appeals only add to a convict's "fame".

If he went from Church Point to Alexandria and then south on 167.....he would go through Oakdale on his way to hitting I-10 and on to Houston.

Why would he go an hour northeast to alec and then go through Oakdale to 10. That is in no way shape or form on his way. If I were in Alec, I wouldn't go through Oakdale to get to 10.

Absolutely beautiful and fitting. Thank you for sharing. I hope the Shunicks come across this passage.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah - writing it in a blank card that made me think of Mickey, sending it to them.

Take note when the officer in that video says the location of the graveS is off to the back not actually in the graveyard.. I hope that doesn't mean more than just Mickey has been buried behind that graveyard.

I caught that too! :please: I continue to pray and I feel in my heart that our little Mickey angel did not die in vain. If not for her beautiful, loving family and friends, getting the word out all over the place, working tirelessly, keeping the faith...search volunteers of this community and others doing foot searches, hanging posters and fliers and using the social media, LE working tirelessly and together to bring this angel home...... If not for all of this and more, this would have just ended up another missing person that may have never been found. Mickey saved lives. His reign ends with her. God is Good.
I am sad.

Didn't Mickey's father already say that he didn't want LE to bargain with BL for the whereabouts of Mickey's remains (if she was deceased)?

Often, the DA will take the families' point of view into consideration, but ultimately it's his/her decision to make. Also, it could become complicated when families' of multiple victims are involved.

Why would he go an hour northeast to alec and then go through Oakdale to 10. That is in no way shape or form on his way. If I were in Alec, I wouldn't go through Oakdale to get to 10.

Well, you would if you wanted to stop at Coushatta cher! :)

She was so young, with so much life ahead.
She may be gone, but she isn't dead.
She will live on in all those she knew
And even in many she never met too.
It's hard to grasp things that can be so bad.
But she wouldn't want us to be so sad.
So today we grieve and are full of sorrow.
But sooner or later, there will be a tomorrow.

RIP sweet Mickey.

She was so young, with so much life ahead.
She may be gone, but she isn't dead.
She will live on in all those she knew
And even in many she never met too.
It's hard to grasp things that can be so bad.
But she wouldn't want us to be so sad.
So today we grieve and are full of sorrow.
But sooner or later, there will be a tomorrow.

RIP sweet Mickey.

Beautiful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members