Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was merely suggesting he *might* have some sort of mental issue. I'm not a doctor, nor am I on the same playing field with this guy. I was just suggesting that mental illness could have been a factor. Clearly this isn't the work of a normal human being and I probably stated the obvious. Also I didn't mean to compare myself to him. Just saying, I can get the no sleep thing.

Sorry. Just clarifying because its a common mistake. Not as common as thinking schizophrenics have multiple personalities. Two totally different things but terms are often used interchangeably.

i would hope that the townspeople would design / implement a bike path named after mickey. One that would project her free spirit. Would love to see this developed in memory of mickey !!
Not sure if all the money that has been donated has been spent paying the expenses of texsearch / dogs, pi, le or whoever ? But if any funds are left, perhaps it could be donated to break ground for the ms bike path. Just an idea / suggestion !

Best idea ever!

I can't wrap my head around this dude digging a deep grave with his nearly cut-off finger, multiple stab wounds, and barely any sleep, dumping bikes and visiting multiple hospitals. Perhaps he is bipolar. Insomnia is a known side effect of that. I know when something is nagging my brain, no matter how small or dumb (even a song I heard earlier in the day replaying in my head), it will keep me up. My brain doesn't shut itself off and I can't slip into sleep like normal people. I'm more A.D.D. than bipolar so no need to be afraid of me lol

just my opinion, but i feel like he had her body closer to home after he killed her, until he could recover a bit from his wounds and have some time to think about it. i feel like the cemetery wasnt her first resting place. more likely that she was under his trailer for some period of time, or in one of the shallow "graves" the investigators looked at earlier on. i know they reported nothing of significance was found, but it could have been detrimental to the case to release any info at that point.

Like many others on this site and not only in south Louisiana, but the nation … Mickey has “touched” our heart so deeply. I found myself daily on any website I could find with information to see if there were any new details, updates … just ANYTHING to have answers to how/where/why this all happened. I would click “refresh” like an addict trying to catch the next post or update … finding Mickey has consumed my thoughts. I did not in any way know her prior to her abduction. My job has me on the roads of south LA Monday thru Friday so I was “always looking” for ANYTHING that could help find this young woman. About a week ago, I was late seeing customers and stopped at a local Circle K to grab a red bull … and this very nice young woman in front of me (that had curly long blonde hair in a ponytail) turned around and asked “Do you mind me asking where you got your bracelet”? I replied rather bluntly “my wife picked it up for me at the headquarters”. That was it … I didn’t think anything of it because my mind was on the next customer. As she was walking out to her car I thought, what if that was Mickey’s sister? It very easily could have been. I wished I had told her that I wear the bracelet DAILY as a reminder to always look, never forgot until she is home. Hopefully if that was her, she understood.
Why I felt the need to share this right now I truly don’t know. I should feel some sort of “peace” that FINALLY …we KNOW where she is, we KNOW she will be properly cared for and allow the family to start to have closure. But I don’t … I’m very angry. I have a 17 year old daughter … I’ve tried to put myself in the Shunick family’s shoes … and I can’t. I am pissed off because things like this should NEVER happen.
I know many have said similar but I truly hope Mickey’s case creates some type of new law, or new practice to keep a better track of sex offender’s … that more young woman better protect themselves BUT while keeping the freedom they SHOULD to live their lives without having to look over our shoulder everywhere. I don't really have a “point” to this post other than saying that Mickey changed lives … definitely made me appreciate the time I have with my daughter, to never take that time for granted. Peace be with you Mickey; and peace to the entire Shunick family.

I hear you. Yes, the no sleep thing never even bothered me. Ever worked night shift? Ever had a newborn? Ever been running on pure adrenaline? I agree completely.

Also, being someone with mental issues (ADD as stated), I wasn't downplaying it at ALL nor trying to say that perhaps he is bipolar and that is SOLELY what triggered him. NOT AT ALL. He could have multiple mental disorders: Borderline Personality, Schizophrenia, Bipolar, etc. Not saying that was the reason for what he is accused of, just maybe a contributing factor. Also if he had a rough childhood, this may have cultivated early on and never been diagnosed. No, I don't think a bipolar person would do something like this. But I think it could be 1 of many factors. Whew, didn't mean to back myself into a corner. I just didn't articulate what I was trying to say!

The arrests IMO, IMO, to follow may not be in the form of an accomplice... I also imagine this might bring charges against.......don't know exactly who but someone for cruelty to children.

Respectfully snipped.

Cruelty to children? Why would you venture to say that?

Bear in mind, BSL has been charged with "continued tampering" of Shunicks body with the intention of hampering the investigation. So it is very possible he didn't dig that grave when his cuts were fresh.

Also, being someone with mental issues (ADD as stated), I wasn't downplaying it at ALL nor trying to say that perhaps he is bipolar and that is SOLELY what triggered him. NOT AT ALL. He could have multiple mental disorders: Borderline Personality, Schizophrenia, Bipolar, etc. Not saying that was the reason for what he is accused of, just maybe a contributing factor. Also if he had a rough childhood, this may have cultivated early on and never been diagnosed. No, I don't think a bipolar person would do something like this. But I think it could be 1 of many factors. Whew, didn't mean to back myself into a corner. I just didn't articulate what I was trying to say!

I get you now and I didn't mean to be snippy. Just wanted everyone to be informed. You're right, mental illness can be triggered by life events and triggers in ones life can exacerbate the manifestations of mental illness. It works both ways.

Regardless, my apologies if any offense was taken.

I keep thinking how terribly sad and tragic this all has been, magnified even moreso by how polar opposite Mickey and BSL were. Mickey was pure goodness, and BSL sadly, was pure evil. I will never understand why the world is the way it is, or why Mickey and BSL had to meet that awful night, but I thank God for all of the wonderful people here on WS, many of whom never knew Mickey, but who loved her as though she were their own sister or daughter. All of you, along with Mickey, will forever hold a place in my heart.

I know the girlfriend from school and I can pretty much bet that she is completely distraught by all of this. She is a quiet, meek, soft spoken young lady. She grew up in a very Catholic household, with very warm and friendly parents. I seriously doubt she had any knowledge of what was going on.

Adam said that she had NO IDEA that he was a suspect. she was not "clued in" before his arrest.

he led a double life. i'm sure looking back on things, she's saying oh that's why this or that, but hindsight is 20/20

Respectfully snipped.

Cruelty to children? Why would you venture to say that?

I think it is possible for a person to be born with a predisposition for evil, I think a persons past can effect their personality and choices. In the end it comes down to choices. Bsl may not have a conscious but he is responsible for his acts.
I think nature and a bit of nurture are involved with bsl.

Hi. This won't come up on my cell phone. I was looking for a physical address. Thanks tho.

I could give it to you but it'll bring you to downtown church point as Elaine is a small private road. Take 190 in Eunice east to Jesse B before you get to Lawtell. Take a right on Jesse B. Elaine is not far down to the right.

I think it is possible for a person to be born with a predisposition for evil, I think a persons past can effect their personality and choices. In the end it comes down to choices. Bsl may not have a conscious but he is responsible for his acts.
I think nature and a bit of nurture are involved with bsl.

You think BSL was abused as a child SMS charges may be filed against the perpetrator as a result if the ms case and investigation?

I get you now and I didn't mean to be snippy. Just wanted everyone to be informed. You're right, mental illness can be triggered by life events and triggers in ones life can exacerbate the manifestations of mental illness. It works both ways.

Regardless, my apologies if any offense was taken.

I want people to be informed too. I shouldn't have half a$$ed what I was saying and tossed it out there without being more specific. I mean no disrespect to any fellow friends here with mental/neurological issues. I can stay up for 3-4 days straight. I don't drink, don't do drugs, and don't party or have much of a social life (work makes sure I cant have fun). But when I tell people about my sleep patterns, their first accusation is 'drugs'. Well no, I have a super job that I love and I gladly give urinalysis when requested. I wonder if he was on an adrenaline high if nothing else.

You think BSL was abused as a child SMS charges may be filed against the perpetrator as a result if the ms case and investigation?

This is so hard for me to understand or accept as an excuse, justificaiton, reason, or whatever you wanna call it.
If any sort of abuse or mistreatment cause you to then abuse mistreat others why wouldnt your abuser be your first target...??

I could give it to you but it'll bring you to downtown church point as Elaine is a small private road. Take 190 in Eunice east to Jesse B before you get to Lawtell. Take a right on Jesse B. Elaine is not far down to the right.

Yes, it's Elaine Rd. That's what I was looking for. Thanks so much. It had just skipped my mind.

Yes that is what I think. No idea who did the abuse but believe there was abuse. I just was trying to make it clear that I don't think abuse made him evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne