Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it is almost beyond comprehension that a person can be riding their bike one moment, and find themselves in a struggle for their life with a monster, the next. As much as i would like to think she was able to fight a while and injure him, i would much rather imagine she lost consciousness very quickly. It is too horrible to even imagine that she was alive and aware for more than a few minutes.

amen, clu !!

I want people to be informed too. I shouldn't have half a$$ed what I was saying and tossed it out there without being more specific. I mean no disrespect to any fellow friends here with mental/neurological issues. I can stay up for 3-4 days straight. I don't drink, don't do drugs, and don't party or have much of a social life (work makes sure I cant have fun). But when I tell people about my sleep patterns, their first accusation is 'drugs'. Well no, I have a super job that I love and I gladly give urinalysis when requested. I wonder if he was on an adrenaline high if nothing else.

Well your insight is valuable and you have articulated it well. Your contributions haven't gone unnoticed by me! I get what you are saying. Hey, get some sleep! You deserve it and need it!

This is so hard for me to understand or accept as an excuse, justificaiton, reason, or whatever you wanna call it.
If any sort of abuse or mistreatment cause you to then abuse mistreat others why wouldnt your abuser be your first target...??

A little off topic. You can't pigeonhole everyone but it's about control. Victims of child abuse often feel as if they don't have control over their life circumstances. They don't really. They yearn for control. Some cut, are anorexic, etc because it is something they can control. Others get their "fix" by exerting control over others.

And I never said caused... There are too many factors. Contributed to would be better.

Some victims of horrific abuse dissociate by creating multiple personalities but this is extremely rare. Had they've not been subjected to this abuse, the mind wouldn't have had to cope this way. Likewise, someone may be a psychopath (perhaps born that way as sine would argue) and a stressful event may trigger a homicidal incident.

Hope I'm explained it all well.

I want people to be informed too. I shouldn't have half a$$ed what I was saying and tossed it out there without being more specific. I mean no disrespect to any fellow friends here with mental/neurological issues. I can stay up for 3-4 days straight. I don't drink, don't do drugs, and don't party or have much of a social life (work makes sure I cant have fun). But when I tell people about my sleep patterns, their first accusation is 'drugs'. Well no, I have a super job that I love and I gladly give urinalysis when requested. I wonder if he was on an adrenaline high if nothing else.

You're an insomniac like me! I maintain it is the most miserable affliction ever. :)

so are you saying / speculating this is his trek after wb ?? Her bike was disposed of immediately ?

No- someone said they thought he took 190W to 13 N from his house. I disagreed that he would take 190 to downtown Eunice.

If he went from Whiskey Bay to the cemetary he may have taken P-3-95N or state rd 975N up to Krotz Springs to hwy 105N to Melville and then taken HWY 10W all the way to the cemetery.
Gravel/ dirt road or levee part of the way, paved road the rest of the way Back quiet country roads.

Well your insight is valuable and you have articulated it well. Your contributions haven't gone unnoticed by me! I get what you are saying. Hey, get some sleep! You deserve it and need it!

I've been trying to sleep for over 10 years lol. I'll be fine. I hope all the families involved can finally sleep and have some sort of resolution. I'll be up and will keep a light on for them. May everyone sleep well and with a sense of sad relief.

Like many others on this site and not only in south Louisiana, but the nation … Mickey has “touched” our heart so deeply. I found myself daily on any website I could find with information to see if there were any new details, updates … just ANYTHING to have answers to how/where/why this all happened. I would click “refresh” like an addict trying to catch the next post or update … finding Mickey has consumed my thoughts. I did not in any way know her prior to her abduction. My job has me on the roads of south LA Monday thru Friday so I was “always looking” for ANYTHING that could help find this young woman. About a week ago, I was late seeing customers and stopped at a local Circle K to grab a red bull … and this very nice young woman in front of me (that had curly long blonde hair in a ponytail) turned around and asked “Do you mind me asking where you got your bracelet”? I replied rather bluntly “my wife picked it up for me at the headquarters”. That was it … I didn’t think anything of it because my mind was on the next customer. As she was walking out to her car I thought, what if that was Mickey’s sister? It very easily could have been. I wished I had told her that I wear the bracelet DAILY as a reminder to always look, never forgot until she is home. Hopefully if that was her, she understood.
Why I felt the need to share this right now I truly don’t know. I should feel some sort of “peace” that FINALLY …we KNOW where she is, we KNOW she will be properly cared for and allow the family to start to have closure. But I don’t … I’m very angry. I have a 17 year old daughter … I’ve tried to put myself in the Shunick family’s shoes … and I can’t. I am pissed off because things like this should NEVER happen.
I know many have said similar but I truly hope Mickey’s case creates some type of new law, or new practice to keep a better track of sex offender’s … that more young woman better protect themselves BUT while keeping the freedom they SHOULD to live their lives without having to look over our shoulder everywhere. I don't really have a “point” to this post other than saying that Mickey changed lives … definitely made me appreciate the time I have with my daughter, to never take that time for granted. Peace be with you Mickey; and peace to the entire Shunick family.

That is exactly how I feel,
I couldn't manage to muster up the strength to
Type much
Thank you for that

#mickeyslaw

Mandatory 30 year sentence for anyone who commits a violent offense
Put these people in the fields to grow our crops properly
If they're lucky they get a tent and bayou water.

leaving now for jefferson st. In downtown lafayette - going to bring a candle up on stage at karaoke and sing "calling all angels" for mickey.

:cry:

good for you chicken fried !! Hope it makes you feel better to commune with mickey in song, such of a sweet, loving song !
Did you write that song or did you record that song ?
This song was written for mickey, am i correct ?

No- someone said they thought he took 190W to 13 N from his house. I disagreed that he would take 190 to downtown Eunice.

If he went from Whiskey Bay to the cemetary he may have taken P-3-95N or state rd 975N up to Krotz Springs to hwy 105N to Melville and then taken HWY 10W all the way to the cemetery.
Gravel/ dirt road or levee part of the way, paved road the rest of the way Back quiet country roads.

You don't go through much of Eunice before you hit 13. I was thinking ms was at his home in which case Melville would be way out of the way. If just go through Eunice that little piece rather than going way out of my way. 30 minute drive vs hour and some change drive. Just my thoughts. Isn't there a ferry I'm Melville? Not sure if he'd have to take it or not.

I saw this on FB earlier this evening. But maybe it's not true. Won't name anyone but the person stated, "The body (Mickey) was found on accident, by workers who were clearing the tree line and came across the body as they were digging on a tractor." Did anyone else hear that?

I could be way wrong but iirc, that sounds like the wordung from a man's body found in texas a few weeks ago by mowers on the side of the road. Maybe someone googled googled the heck out of it and now it is 'gobble-de-google'

In my opinion, er, guess.

I saw this on FB earlier this evening. But maybe it's not true. Won't name anyone but the person stated, "The body (Mickey) was found on accident, by workers who were clearing the tree line and came across the body as they were digging on a tractor." Did anyone else hear that?
That sounds like the Karen Swift case in Tennessee. JMO

This story has me, and has had me, sick to my stomach for months. If this in fact, turns out to be Mickey, it will be bittersweet. :( She may finally come home, but not the way we wanted her to.

Something that keeps crossing my mind, and may or may not seem plausible, but try this on for size. Have you ever driven by a house that you totally loved from just the exterior, or a piece of property that you'd want to someday own, or a vehicle that you could see yourself driving - all the while imagining the possibilities of what you could do with a 'place' like that? I've seen pictures on the internet that made me think - if only I could live there, etc. Those seem to be, at least to me, normal, every day thoughts. What if your brain works another way, and you see every isolated area, gravel road, hidden land, abandoned building, etc as a "hiding place" for some sinister act. Wouldn't it be plausible that someone with a 'killer' mindset seek these places out on a daily basis. I've driven that road to Venice, LA many, many times - often not seeing a another vehicle for miles during the late night hours. For someone that grew up in a specific area, they could know of places that the average person wouldn't take a second glance at. IMO, the person responsible for the disappearance and possible killing of Mickey Shunick may have had a 'plan' in mind long before he encountered her.

I really don't know what to make of all these recent revelations - I pray for closure for the family and friends, the community that stood behind bringing this young lady home, at all costs, for so long.

Desperate people do desperate things. All my opinion....based on gut.

good for you chicken fried !! Hope it makes you feel better to commune with mickey in song, such of a sweet, loving song !
Did you write that song or did you record that song ?
This song was written for mickey, am i correct ?

the angel song in the video was written for her i think, but Chickenfried is probably going to sing Train's "Calling All Angels", which is very fitting

I need a sign to let me know you're here
All of these lines are being crossed over the atmosphere
I need to know that things are gonna look up
'Cause I feel us drowning in a sea spilled from a cup

When there is no place safe and no safe place to put my head
When you feel the world shake from the words that are said

I need a sign to let me know you're here
'Cause my TV set just keeps it all from being clear
I want a reason for the way things have to be
I need a hand to help build up some kind of hope inside of me

And I'm calling all angels
I'm calling all you angels

When children have to play inside so they don't disappear
And private eyes solve marriage lies cause we don't talk for years
And football teams are kissing Queens
And losing sight of having dreams
In a world that what we want is only what we want until it's ours

I'm calling all angels
I'm calling all you angels

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaG9SDxwPBg&feature=fvwrel"]Train - Calling All Angels - YouTube[/ame]

Individuals who are bipolar are typically a threat only to themselves. Their manic phase must last about two weeks and then the depressed phase another two weeks. If you fluctuate between happy and sad within the course of 36 hours, however, you aren't clinically bipolar.

If insane, he is likely more schizophrenic than bipolar. Schizophrenics have dissociative thoughts, some with delusions (the devil made me do it or I am the devil/the joker).

I think we would all be surprised of what our minds combined with shock, anxiety,and paranoia would make our bodies capable of doing . I know a girl that wreaked her car... it flipped and she was so in shock she actually was able to lift it just enough that it turned back over! Sounds crazy, but it was done.

I was listening to Jane's Addiction and heard the song Ripple the other day and it made me think of Mickey (yes I know it's a Grateful Dead song).

rip mickey, you've truly touched me

With BSL's obsessions with graves, when i heard "found in graveyard" I immediately thought it was her.

With a lacerated finger, I do not know how he managed to dig a "fairly deep" grave, but I guess when you're trying to cover a murder, you have more motivation.

This is never the news I wanted to hear.
I also wanted to believe, somehow she was still alive, and would prove authorities wrong.
But it seems that couldn't happen....

I find it very hard to believe BSL told them where her remains are, even as a plea bargain, especially if he has many other girls under his sleeve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne