Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe it is an acronym. A major part of their work is to reconstruct a face over the skull of a deceased person to help make identification.

This is NOT a facial reconstruction lab.....

Mission Statement
Our mission at the LSU FACES Lab is to:
Educate students and law enforcement personnel in the methods and techniques used in Physical and Forensic Anthropology
Conduct Research that will advance the fields of Physical and Forensic Anthropology
Provide Public Service to law enforcement agencies through assistance with the recovery and identification of human remains

http://www.lsu.edu/faceslab/About_Us.htm

" The obstruction of justice ia a continuing offense and the continued tampering with the body of Michaela Shunick seeks to distort the results of the investigation.". Pg.4 section 2.b www.theind.com/extras/Lavergne-Disclosure.pdf

I don't speak Legalese, but hasn't it been brought up that this could just mean he wasn't giving them the information about what happened and where she was? It doesn't say he revisited the scene.

I've only seen a few blurbs here and there, but whats the scoop about gps being put on his truck? If that is true, wouldn't they have proof he visted her after putting here there, and would have already searched that area and found her by now?

I know I am a cynic, but I doubt very much his reasons for revealing Mickey's location have anything to do with healing and transformation on his part. More like death penalty vs. life in prison.

I agree...but I have always wondered and been confused as to why these perps are so fearful of the death penalty when they seemingly are so comfortable with death, in that they commit murders and handle dead bodies etc. Just seems so contradictory to me.

Hmm, per the Advertiser, Nancy Grace is doing a feature on the case tonight at 7.

I was out of town for a couple of days, no news ,etc. I am so glad that she was found, but I am beyond disgusted that he roamed the earth and did what he did because people were afraid of him....makes me wanna puke.
R.I.P. Mickey, I am so sorry that your light was put out by some evil, evil man. Wait. Did I just call him a man? :(

I agree...but I have always wondered and been confused as to why these perps are so fearful of the death penalty when they seemingly are so comfortable with death, in that they commit murders and handle dead bodies etc. Just seems so contradictory to me.

I don't think it is fear; they can get used to prison life, heck he already did 8 years. He/they prefer to live out their lives in semi-comfort, a routine, not have to worry about food or rent.

Did one of our fine sleuthers discover the fact that the suspect was taken out of jail for a time yesterday? Obvioius conclusion is he took them to Mickey's body right?

Can someone point me to that post?

Thank you,
Tricia

Did one of our fine sleuthers discover the fact that the suspect was taken out of jail for a time yesterday? Obvioius conclusion is he took them to Mickey's body right?

Can someone point me to that post?

Thank you,
Tricia

I believe it was Rebel Reaper - post # 627

:

They're into having power over their victims who are weaker. When it comes to them dealing with those who have more power than they do, the sks quake in their boots. If you have heard of the Green River Killer, he talked bat the murders of those women like he was discussing the weather. When it came to him having to face the music though, he cried like the coward he was.

The indepenent is reporting that sources say BSL has cut a deal.

Wonder if it means he'll stay out of Angola and go into one of the "softer" maximum security prisons?

Just want to apologize for typos. I'm on my iPad. :)

UPDATE-Officials at the Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Department say the man they believe murdered Mickey Shunick was checked out of a correctional center hours before police found a body believe to be the missing student.

Capt. Kip Judice, spokesman for the department, said Wednesday Brandon Lavergne was checked out of the Lafayette Parish Correction Center early Tuesday morning and taken across the street to the sheriff's department.

He said it's very common for prisoners to be taken to the sheriff's office for questioning, because they have rooms that are equipped with audio and video recording equipment. He said Lavergne was checked back in around 3:30PM in the afternoon.

http://www.klfy.com/story/19218560/search-for-shunick-body-in-evangline-parish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member