Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE-Officials at the Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Department say the man they believe murdered Mickey Shunick was checked out of a correctional center hours before police found a body believe to be the missing student.

Capt. Kip Judice, spokesman for the department, said Wednesday Brandon Lavergne was checked out of the Lafayette Parish Correction Center early Tuesday morning and taken across the street to the sheriff's department.

He said it's very common for prisoners to be taken to the sheriff's office for questioning, because they have rooms that are equipped with audio and video recording equipment. He said Lavergne was checked back in around 3:30PM in the afternoon.

http://www.klfy.com/story/19218560/search-for-shunick-body-in- evangline-parish

Geez, BSL was checked out at 6:40 am. If he did not accompany LE to find Mickey's body and was only in the audio/video room, do you think he could have been confessing to other murders?

Did one of our fine sleuthers discover the fact that the suspect was taken out of jail for a time yesterday? Obvioius conclusion is he took them to Mickey's body right?

Can someone point me to that post?

Thank you,
Tricia

Wow. Guess BSL did lead them to her..

I think this was the first official post with link...not sure though.

Eta... Ok now I actually think designlove in post 437 {oops)

But... JUST WANTED TO POINT OUT TO ALL OF THE NEW WS'ERS THAT THIS IS THE LADY WHO CREATED THIS FORUM. SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN BROUGHT TOGETHER BECAUSE OF HER.

I wonder why? Seems like too little, too late to me. Doesn't she usually help in finding missing people?

No, she just likes to stir the pot. Does anyone know if she has ever helped to find a missing person?

I know I am a cynic, but I doubt very much his reasons for revealing Mickey's location have anything to do with healing and transformation on his part. More like death penalty vs. life in prison.

...but in all honesty, it doesn't matter why he did it. I, for one, do think that he chose to disclose where she was yes, because maybe he avoided the death penalty. Big woo. I believe that God has been dealing with him this past week, and I know that's not a popular idea either. No one has to agree with me, that's fine...however, I see it as answered prayer because it was just last week that we were discussing Mickey being found, and like a bolt from the blue, I was moved to ask other WSers to pray that God would move upon BL's heart (and YES, regardless of what anyone says, he does have one...perhaps maybe God was the only one who could find it) but let me assure you that God heard our prayers and it didn't take HIM long to act.
Whatever perk Brandon Scott Lavergne got out of it, oh well, all I know is that God can take the blackest heart and soften it just enough...and it brought our Mickey home.
Of course this is only my opinion. Carry on:seeya:

So this means he pleads guilty and no trial?

Did he also make a deal for Lisa?
Otherwise he would have to go to trial for her. I would imagine he will plea to both; no point in getting DP off the table for Mickey, if it is still a possibility for Lisa's murder. If he does plea, no trial, but he should have to appear before a judge to make his plea.

He's trying to distract LE from other murders he's committed.
He thinks by being quickly sentenced, they can't slap another charge on him, because they will think "Oh, he already told us where her body was. This case must not be linked to him"

I think he confessed to other murders yesterday.
But a FEW of the many he has committed.

:

They're into having power over their victims who are weaker. When it comes to them dealing with those who have more power than they do, the sks quake in their boots. If you have heard of the Green River Killer, he talked bat the murders of those women like he was discussing the weather. When it came to him having to face the music though, he cried like the coward he was.

Wonder if it means he'll stay out of Angola and go into one of the "softer" maximum security prisons?

Just want to apologize for typos. I'm on my iPad. :)
How would the deal for Mickey's remains affect his trial for Lisa Pate?

...but in all honesty, it doesn't matter why he did it. I, for one, do think that he chose to disclose where she was yes, because maybe he avoided the death penalty. Big woo. I believe that God has been dealing with him this past week, and I know that's not a popular idea either. No one has to agree with me, that's fine...however, I see it as answered prayer because it was just last week that we were discussing Mickey being found, and like a bolt from the blue, I was moved to ask other WSers to pray that God would move upon BL's heart (and YES, regardless of what anyone says, he does have one...perhaps maybe God was the only one who could find it) but let me assure you that God heard our prayers and it didn't take HIM long to act.
Whatever perk Brandon Scott Lavergne got out of it, oh well, all I know is that God can take the blackest heart and soften it just enough...and it brought our Mickey home.
Of course this is only my opinion. Carry on:seeya:

It can be both, not an either or situation. One can say God answered your prayers by giving BSL a reason to lead LE to Mickey. I happen to believe that the reason given to BSL was born out of his own self interest, avoiding the death penalty, as opposed to the reason being that BSL's heart has been softened. Another slant is that God gave LE the strength and wisdom to put together a strong case that left BSL no other option. Just my 2 cents.

He's trying to distract LE from other murders he's committed.
He thinks by being quickly sentenced, they can't slap another charge on him, because they will think "Oh, he already told us where her body was. This case must not be linked to him"

I think he confessed to other murders yesterday.
But a FEW of the many he has committed.

What difference would it make? He can only do one life term or get one DP, in actuality, no matter how many sentences he gets. I don't believe for a moment he confessed to anything that he had not been indicted for.

Then the ME can get in his car and drive over there.

Excuse me if I am wrong but I am assuming that all of these people are working together to identify and collect evidence of crimes. Why is everybody so shocked about where they took her? Where did you think that they would do all of this testing (dna,dental,etc.)

smart of them, get it all done in one place in a timely fashion and get her back to her family.

This breaks my heart....{sobbing quietly}....I can't believe that she is not alive....Deep inside I held out hope that she was going to come home...I guess I am relieved that her family has some closure, whatever that means. RL made me stop reading last night on p 17...still have to catch up on the missing pages.

My point is....Hopping that LSU has a "Dr. G Medical Examiner" (Dr. Jan C. Garavaglia) on staff. Does anyone know???

Dr. G was so amazing at Caylee's trial. I wish the P12 had actually listened to her when she was on the stand...She really told it like it was! Of all the testimony, hers was the most compelling!

My heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to Mickey's Sad Family, Friends and all my peeps at Websleuths! If everyone here is like me...we have all invested our loving time and tears to help find Mickey. I am so sorry for the loss of Mickey's life. She was such an amazing person. She will be missed by many and her life held so much potential. It sickens me to think about the loss that the sorry P. O. Chit took away from the world....I may have to take a break from WS...This one has hit me like no other. {rant over}

Dear God Please Bless Mickey's Family and Friends...You Take Case of our Awesome Angel!!

BSL was going to be tried for both at the same time so I'm thinking if he gets life for Mickey, then he gets life for Lisa too. I don't know if he would get two life sentences for each murder or one life sentence for both.

BSL was going to be tried for both at the same time so I'm thinking if he gets life for Mickey, then he gets life for Lisa too. I don't know if he would get two life sentences for each murder or one life sentence for both.

It would probably be two life sentences (one for each) to run consecutively.

I don't believe it is an acronym. A major part of their work is to reconstruct a face over the skull of a deceased person to help make identification.
I'm catching up and don't know if this was answered yet:

LSU Faces Lab

www.lsu.edu/faceslab/

Forensic Anthropology and Computer Enhancement Services Laboratory

It can be both, not an either or situation. One can say God answered your prayers by giving BSL a reason to lead LE to Mickey. I happen to believe that the reason given to BSL was born out of his own self interest, avoiding the death penalty, as opposed to the reason being that BSL's heart has been softened. Another slant is that God gave LE the strength and wisdom to put together a strong case that left BSL no other option. Just my 2 cents.

Perhaps all of the above.

I'm thinking that one reason that some of us - myself included - would like to hope that BSL "softened" just enough to reveal where Mickey was, is that it's a very scary concept to think that some people have no humanity. We instinctively want to believe that there is some good in everyone, and sometimes evil takes over. It's much scarier to conceive of people out there roaming around who cannot feel empathy.

Im sure if he really has a deal that it was all worked out with the DA and his lawyers. He probably admitted to both murders and told where Mickey was in exchange for 2 life sentences. He could have added that any future charges be served with his life sentences. Im not a expert but this is what I have read in the independent article.

Doubt it. The fact that he visited her body several times tells me that he would enjoy spending time out there. I don't even think they brought him out there, just got the info from him.

He visited her body several times???? Where did this come from????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne