Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is possible.
I am just always wary when inmates want their moment in the spotlight in big cases.
Anyway, Le has said all along they will continue to investigate and to rule BL out or keep him in their sites for other cases.

Imo, BS Lavergne, if agreeing to a plea, is only doing so in the hopes that a thorough investigation into his past will simply go away..

Hope you are right, cluciano63. BSL's psychopathic traits concern me..

Broken bones? Skull fracture? Facial fracture? Broken jaw? Broken ribs? Knocked out teeth? Broken neck? Knicks on bones made by stabbing instrument? Certain things that would determine how long she had been there? Maybe bsl's DNA on clothes or Jewelery?

Imo Things like that are just as important as positive identification of the body in providing closure to her family as to what exactly happened to their loved one and perhaps if he kept her captive for any period of time. Or maybe information as to whether he moved the body.

Also helps to build an air-tight case. So IMO they could positively I.d. her with DNA .....but they can do a whole lot more. I don't think Mickey's stay at f.a.c.e.s. has anything to for with facial reconstruction and IMO has more to do with cause of death and amount of time she was buried.

Moo

I understand all of this. My original query was with a very short article that indicated she was brought to FACES for identification due to the level of decomp being too great for any other type of ID; I think the person writing the blurb did not understand and instead believed that they could only ID her with a facial reconstruction, which makes no sense at all. Those are generally done when LE has no idea who the victim is and is planning on seeking help from the public. Mickey would have DNA available, as well as parental DNA.

I do understand that they will do much more than simply confirm an ID.

Imo, BS Lavergne, if agreeing to a plea, is only doing so in the hopes that a thorough investigation into his past will simply go away..

Hope you are right, cluciano63. BSL's psychopathic traits concern me..

If anything, BL will likely get more intense scrutiny. LE loves to close old cases and they have his DNA, prints, etc. all handy. Also they can trace back his dates offshore, his movements. Why wouldn't they want to make sure as to his involvement with open cases?

Luv this Song & Lyrics..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEAYkONcDoA"]Celine Dion-I'm Your Angel (Lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

picture.php

picture.php

If anything, BL will likely get more intense scrutiny. LE loves to close old cases and they have his DNA, prints, etc. all handy. Also they can trace back his dates offshore, his movements. Why wouldn't they want to make sure as to his involvement with open cases?

cluciano63, good question.. The reasons are many..that is why they refer to it as the silent epidemic..

Serial Killer Gary Hilton, shot his stepfather at age 14. He was active for 4 decades in multiple states and had no victim profile. Almost 5 years after his arrest, yet he has been convicted for only 4 victims.

I personally talked to a man that witnessed him at Dawson Forest WMA 10/22/1997; the day 11 year old Levi Frady's remains were located. He has many unknown victims that may never be revealed to the public, imo.

I can't lie, I have to wonder... I know her family has wanted her to "come home" for so long, so they could have closure.

But I'm not sure if they would really have more closure in their hearts if they knew for certain their daughter was murdered because her body was found, or if they went on thinking she might be alive by some chance.

I must say, if it was my kid, yes, I'd want closure somehow.

But closure the way the Shunick family is much different than a child with cancer who is finally able to "get away" from the pain. One is a transition and leaving of pain which can be beautiful and peaceful, while Mickeys case is a life pain-free that was turned painful permanently by one sick person.

I'm not sure I'd ever have "closure" if someone I loved was murdered by a serial killer.

I've moved more posts to the appropriate thread. Any discussion about the possibility of additional victims belongs here.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179400"]BSL - More Victims???? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I don't know...I think it would be impossible, almost, to hope for a happy ending once the perp has been arrested and charged with murder. That does not happen without evidence, lots of evidence. I think I would have to have my family member back if at all possible, to be able to physically arrange for a proper burial or cremation. I know one can always hope they might come back alive, but really, I've never quite understood where those who had hope thought Mickey be might be, and under what circumstances. Being held hostage? Yet, LE said they know she was murdered. That is not something LE ever says lightly.

I have to believe the knowing, and having Mickey back has to be preferable; especially now, considering where she was. Now as far as making any kind of deal with BL to get there, I don't know if they agree with that (if it happened). But at least she can soon be at home and at rest.

Now if only Sierra could be found. And many others.

Especially if she was found wearing her clothes, not just with her clothes in the grave site, I think this may be the case. I hope they can determine if she was sexually assaulted though, especially if he claims not.

Clu...I thought the recently released Docs indicated sexual assault in both the LP and Mickey's case.

Clu...I thought the recently released Docs indicated sexual assault in both the LP and Mickey's case.

Was sexual assault specified? I know assault was mentioned. Will have to check. In any case, we don't know if she was wearing her clothes, or if they were simply found with her.

'Well, ya can't pick your relatives'..
I think that Gary Lavergne, was only trying to set the story straight due to some very harsh & derogatory comments about his family on the KFLY FB site.

Imo, Educator & Author Gary Lavergne, may not have known Brandon Lavergne, but Brandon knew of Gary..and had read his Bad Boy from Rosebud book. Imo, BSL was an emulator/copycat.. BSL, was very brazen, calculating, creative, and deflective..just plain damn evil..

How old is his post on KFLY fb page? I'm having trouble finding it.

How old is his post on KFLY fb page? I'm having trouble finding it.
I saw it. I think it was from yesterday... It was below an article about the weather or storms in the area... It was on the left side.

18 hours ago...
"Capt. Kip Judice said Wednesday Brandon Lavergne was checked out of the Lafayette Parish Correction Center at 6:40am Tuesday morning and was back in around 3:30 in the afternoon."

There are 77 comments.

(10th article on left) ~as of right now anyway...

I have recently here been more of a lurker and now I am shocked and saddened that this was the end, even though I knew in my heart of hearts that this is what it would come to. What a sad ending for her family and my heart breaks for them. Closure is the only thing they are getting from this. I could not imagine losing my daughter, it would end me.

Another poster mentioned that Mickey touched them in some way, and wasn't sure why. I think for all of us, Mickey represented what all of us look up to in others - a free spirit that was simply out doing what she loved - going out with friends and riding her bike through her city to home. There is nothing good that comes of someone losing their innocent life to a madman - but Mickey was not out buying drugs, she was not a prostitute and she certainly didn't run with a bad crowd. Besides this happening to a child, this has to be the most horrific way to have one's life end. She seemed to live her life to the fullest and was a loving person with lots of friends. One only has to see the outpouring from the community to know what kind of person she was. Many of us would only hope we would also be remembered with such love and admiration. I am sad for all the missing people, especially children but Mickey has tugged at my heartstrings in a way that I hope I don't easily forget.

My heartfelt sympathies to the Shunick family and all those who knew and loved Mickey. :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston