Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
haven't been here in a while... couldn't take all the bickering (even though i guess i started a lot of it)...
just wanted to stop in and say that i'm glad Mickey was found, and offer my condolences to the family, friends and all involved...

peace

I believe FoxFire prefaced the statement with 'IMO', so there'd be no source. IMO.

Tacking on IMO doesn't give someone carte blanche to say whatever one wants. If one states something as opinion, it should be a statement of opinion, not a statement of fact (e.g., 'I think this has happened' not 'this happened'). Likewise, if something is speculation or hypothesis, it needs to be written as such (e.g., 'this could be the case').

One huge problem with the sleuthing in this case is that rumor and misinformation frequently get treated as fact, partly because a number of people keep presenting it as fact. People will make several statements of fact, tack on an IMO, then draw conclusions from the rumors or baseless garbage that they posited as fact. Once the garbage information gets subjected to speculation, it becomes fact for many, and then it's much harder to sort out truth from fiction.

It's almost funny, but there's been a fair bit of collateral damage to people because of going fast and loose with information here.

With luck, there will be just be a hearing and a plea-not a trial and not years of waiting.

Ideally, if they did make a deal with BSL on MS and LP, it was worded carefully to only include these two girls, with some type of exclusion should they be capable of convicting him on any other murder charge. That would give them just what they wanted.... MS found and the DP on the table.

MOO: You know how when the story first broke and how a few posters stated they heard sirens and later it was chalked up to other things? I even read on other sites (won't mention) about other people seeing a lot of cop cars go by in different areas then where MS was found and where the cop was shot. I'm wondering, actually a big speculation here if maybe BSL admitted to other missing person's whereabouts. He gave good directions to where MS was but maybe the took him to another area where another body was. Perhaps, media was so distracted to the area where MS was that the other place is quiet and not known yet? Just thought I would throw my thought on that out there.

I would like to say thank you to everyone here, I was lurker for several weeks, then signed up and posted a few times. You all made me feel welcome, like I might be able to do something to help and as news broke it seemed like you guys got it right more than some MSM. I will take a break for a few days as my third grand child (a girl child) will enter this world soon! It just reminds me how the cycle of life is a most precious thing. My heart goes out to The Shunicks and all those missing someone tonight.
Bon soir

Congrats on that grandaughter..I've got 6 grandchildren..nothin like them..
Yes, all the missing/murdered are someone's child and your input and insight has been very much appreciated.

I have been very impressed with the input, theories, opinions, and verified research of all the folks on this thread.

The innocent victims have no voice. You are their voice..
The family's of the missing/murdered are growing tremendously. They are referred too as the 'Involuntary Fraternity of new Life's Normal'.. This means that their lives will never be the same as it was the day before their loved one was missing/murdered..

The Mickey Schunick family has been abducted in this fraternity of the new life's normal....

On a positive note there are many ways to get involved in this Silent Epidemic and somehow make a difference..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN878keA6K0"]CUE Center National Conference-2010 - YouTube[/ame]
CUE Center National Conference-2010

I am wondering... does anyone know the current location of the Find Mickey headquarters? The last time it moved I lost track of it.

Would appreciate if someone with a better memory than I would chime in,

:blushing:

OT - Didn't know where to put this. Cpl Paul Mouton is so handsome and well spoken. Glad that he has been the spokesman for most of this case.

Can you please provide a MSM source to substantiate these claims?

He already did - when he started the paragraph with IMO, as well as his last sentence.

May I please start calling you the citation-sourcing policeman? Just kidding. :~)

I am wondering... does anyone know the current location of the Find Mickey headquarters? The last time it moved I lost track of it.

Last I remember, it was at S. College/Johnston, near the old Lafayette Lanes location, just down the sidewalk from Twins.

I believe it is still in the South College Shopping Center, but a different building there.

Tacking on IMO doesn't give someone carte blanche to say whatever one wants. If one states something as opinion, it should be a statement of opinion, not a statement of fact (e.g., 'I think this has happened' not 'this happened'). Likewise, if something is speculation or hypothesis, it needs to be written as such (e.g., 'this could be the case').

One huge problem with the sleuthing in this case is that rumor and misinformation frequently get treated as fact, partly because a number of people keep presenting it as fact. People will make several statements of fact, tack on an IMO, then draw conclusions from the rumors or baseless garbage that they posited as fact. Once the garbage information gets subjected to speculation, it becomes fact for many, and then it's much harder to sort out truth from fiction.

It's almost funny, but there's been a fair bit of collateral damage to people because of going fast and loose with information here.

Montjoy, IMO means in my opinion, which means the person is speculating on what he/she thinks a theory...same with MOO which means My Own Opinion. I like to hear other's opinions for this is how we are able to do some critical thinking and think out side of the box. It is also a learning experience. The Moderator's do a great job. If you see MOO or IMO that means, it isn't based on fact, it is what it means "OPINION"

Thank you for your input, it is food for thought.

Yup, it's next door to Osaka Sushi, where the Great Escape Water Massage place used to be.

ETA: Errr... at least it was, the last time I drove by there.

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you -- from the long-time WS folks who so openly welcomed this bunch of crazy Cajuns to your little sleuthing haven, to the aforementioned crazy Cajuns (and those of other backgrounds as well) who joined WS to follow and offer insights on the Mickey Shunick case.

Thanks for entertaining every bit of wild speculation, conjecture, theory, and nugget of hearsay I've offered. Thanks for challenging me to re-think. Thanks for spurring my late-night brainstorming sessions. Thanks for clarifying, when needed. Thanks for nearly driving me insane with all the Mickey-under-the-truck witchery. Thanks for causing me to see DWTs in my sleep. Thanks for distracting me from my work...okay, maybe that's the fault of my little attention deficit issue.

Seriously, thanks everyone for making this place and this case interesting.

And thanks to you mods whose patience I surely tested.

This isn't goodbye (I plan to stick around, albeit in perhaps a less active role), but these things needed to be said before I eventually get distracted by some shiny object and forget to say them.

Cheers.

HouDat, such sentiments so perfectly written. I profess to acknowledge myself as one of those 'crazy cajuns'! Relatively proud of it, also. I along with you, became intrigued, fascinated by this haven of sleuthers. All with Mickey in mind of course. I lurked. I thought. I perceived. I thought I had the unfortunate scenario figured out. Then Foxfire posted. Then Backwoods. (My favorites!) Then Joe Blow WSer. And then I was lost. HE did not drop Ms. Mickey off at WB. HE apparently did confess. My finding of this site here on a computer I barely know how to use, has opened a new world for me...where my thinkings, opinions, and analysis is challenged. So I thank all of you WSers! Most importantly, through no intention or plan of HER own, Ms. Mickey Shunick has made a greater difference, a larger impact, more meaning and definition in people's hearts and minds than any of us here tonight might even acheive in our lifetime. Rest now, in peace, Ms. Mickey. And sorry if I sound so 'swamp peoplish'! Ima a newbie!

Just watching the news, Jim Hummell was in front of the headquarters, and it looked like it says 2611 on the door, I assume its still Johnston

HouDat, such sentiments so perfectly written. I profess to acknowledge myself as one of those 'crazy cajuns'! Relatively proud of it, also. I along with you, became intrigued, fascinated by this haven of sleuthers. All with Mickey in mind of course. I lurked. I thought. I perceived. I thought I had the unfortunate scenario figured out. Then Foxfire posted. Then Backwoods. (My favorites!) Then Joe Blow WSer. And then I was lost. HE did not drop Ms. Mickey off at WB. HE apparently did confess. My finding of this site here on a computer I barely know how to use, has opened a new world for me...where my thinkings, opinions, and analysis is challenged. So I thank all of you WSers! Most importantly, through no intention or plan of HER own, Ms. Mickey Shunick has made a greater difference, a larger impact, more meaning and definition in people's hearts and minds than any of us here tonight might even acheive in our lifetime. Rest now, in peace, Ms. Mickey. And sorry if I sound so 'swamp peoplish'! Ima a newbie!

So eloquently stated and might I add because of MS plight, she has made more women aware and possibly prevented future women the same horrific death she suffered. AMEN and God Bless MS and Family.

Mickey, I hope you are now in a place where souls are as beautiful as yours. Where terror and evil doesn't exist. I believe you fought for your life, but the odds were not in your favor. I pray that your family will feel your comfort and love and know you are ok. I have found that when close ones pass over, they do leave little tell tale signs of their presence. Just looking at your pictures it feels so apparent that you have an inner beauty that will far surpass this world and all it's failings. God bless you and your family.

OT - Didn't know where to put this. Cpl Paul Mouton is so handsome and well spoken. Glad that he has been the spokesman for most of this case.

I agree whatsthatnoise, Cpl Paul Mouton is a very professional PIO.
The media management strategy of a Police Department during a high profile missing person investigation is a reflection on the department itself, imo.

Although I have been critical at times of the LPD. I am very impressed with the overall professionalism of Chief Craft and the Lafayette Police Department.

Seldom does a missing person investigation end with the suspect arrested and the victim located when the abductor is a stranger.

I would assume there will not be a trial if he has indeed confessed and worked out a plea deal. JMO

Don't have a link, but prior plea agreements have contained a clause that the defendant gives up their right of appeal.

After the plea agreement is accepted by the Judge & sentencing hearing complete. The MSM, if necessary can then file FOIR for the investigation info including interviews & search warrant results, inventories, etc.

Example: Gary Ridgeway Trial (WA)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO8dLp3KZ0A"]Green River Killer - Gary Ridgway - YouTube[/ame]

Yes she did. Mickey stopped the EFB cold.

I live in Pennsylvania and I can't say why this particular young woman struck such a chord with me.

The volume of local participation in these threads has been absolutely amazing. It's provided invaluable context on many levels. Images, ambience, history.....on & on.

I think it also speaks to the character of Mickey's neighbors. In fact it speaks specifically to neighborliness.

I hope to see you around.

(Just not in a DWT. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members