Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But it was the news anchor saying this, basing it on their reading of the docs...not anyone from the DA's office saying it. I was able to watch the clip.

History Behind Cemetery Where Police Believe Mickey Shunick Was Buried

I had read this so I took it to mean that they had their own attorney interpret the documents for them. Maybe I'm wrong.

Play Video

Posted 6:28 PM 8/8/2012 by Jenise Fernandez

Court documents have shown prosecutors believe Lavergne may have moved the bodies around to hamper the investigation. The remains Tuesday were found near a small cemetery on LA-10 near the intersection of LA-13 between Mamou and Oakdale. Police say they also found clothing and possibly jewelry

Couple of ideas that have crossed my mind-
Given BSLs history of interest and grave digging,etc. I suspect he was familiar with a lot of cemeteries around--before that I kept thinking that would be an ideal place for him to hide her because an area that is disrupted or fresh grave would not look suspicious. Additionally--he could have known about it as a teen as teens love to dare people to go to hidden places like that or even "park" there.

I posted something about how I thought LE should take cadaver dogs on a run through local cemeteries in case he took the easy route and Mickey in the same plot as a recently deceased person. I thought that the dogs would not pick up on the scent of embalmed previously buried. I think Claire T verified that she was not buried with another.

SOmeone mentioned that they thought cadaver dogs do have a hard time in cemeteries though. I researched--and sure enough--cemeteries are where they actually do some of the dogs' training. Interestingly they could identify odors from many years before because bodies were not prepared as "well" as they are today.

An additional incentive for him to place her in a rural/family one might be that people rarely go out there--maybe just those who mow.

I read several times that the grave was deep. Not sure what the soil is like out there, but I cannot imagine that would be a quick job. On a recent mission we dug cisterns and they took DAYS with more than one person. So this is just a thought--but that one address on Leger was AFG excavating. Could he have even rented equipment to dig?? Maybe he hauled a compact excavator in there and then , knowing his truck left all those tire tracks everywhere..and hearing about his truck over and over in the news got nervous...initially tried to change tires over at the dealership in Eunice--then decided to just burn the whole thing. Conveniently the extra tires made things burn hotter too.

He seems almost like multiple personality--reminds me of the way Ann Rule described Ted Bundy in the Stranger Beside me (good read! fascinating) Charming and almost as if part of him did not even believe that he commited the crimes that he did. Like the good side struggling to hide the evil. Whether he led the LE to Pinseclair or they MADE him go (probably a little of both) I would be interested to hear what his demeanor was like. I also wonder if he had buried there before? Cajun-net keeps saying there is more to come......

Also sources say she got his knife away from him and attacked him with it and was oh so close to killing him with the neck wound. If only.... guess the reasons are not for us to know...regardless..... Mickey was a tough beautiful girl!!!!! I am so proud of her for stopping him!

Excellent post, MissKJN...

Irony, is that Ann Rule also wrote 'Green River-Red River Running, about the Serial Killer Gary Ridgeway's two decade trail of terror. He was taken by the GR Task force to locate the remains of his many unknown victims(40+). This took several weeks and was the result of a plea agreement where the death penalty was taken off the table.. Dejavu?
His victim's families were kept in the dark about the plea til the sentencing/trial..

I'll never forget the words of one of the innocent victim's mother, "I have a hole in my heart that only my daughter could fill"....

I am beginning to wonder if BS Lavegne wasn't writing a gothic horror novel..
Last year in Dyersbug TN, 41 yearld Karen Swift; mother of 3 vanished after attending a Halloween party. Her remains were also located near an 1800's historical cemetery, placed underneath 3 large crosses in a patch of kudzu.. The suspect in her case hasn't been named.

I just keep thinking about how innocent and vulnerable she must have looked pedaling that bicycle. I can't shake it. That was possibly the first, but most definitely last, sight he had of her before he saw her face that night. Why her? Why then? Why that day?

Sometimes, you come upon a horrific accident scene and think, "If I wouldn't have had to hunt down my keys this morning, this vehicle, in this particular spot three minutes ahead of mine, would have been me."

This is a prime example of five minutes, either way, could have made all the difference, and it makes me sick.

I just keep thinking about how innocent and vulnerable she must have looked pedaling that bicycle. I can't shake it. That was possibly the first, but most definitely last, sight he had of her before he saw her face that night. Why her? Why then? Why that day?

Sometimes, you come upon a horrific accident scene and think, "If I wouldn't have had to hunt down my keys this morning, this vehicle, in this particular spot three minutes ahead of mine, would have been me."

This is a prime example of five minutes, either way, could have made all the difference, and it makes me sick.

True and I can't shake the thought of that sweet girl working so hard all of her life getting the education to go into the field she dreamed about doing and to be only months away from graduating college and then in someone elses greedy moment they take everything away from her. Physically makes me sick to think about what happened to her.

I did see on Charlie's FB page that she plans to return to TX next week...her page is not private.

Nancy Grace discussing Mickey now.

But it was the news anchor saying this, basing it on their reading of the docs...not anyone from the DA's office saying it. I was able to watch the clip.

As was previously written here, "moving the body several times" would have been a difficult and messy task. If one reads the document literally, then that means BSL was continuing to move her body after he was arrested. And that means LE knew about all the places he moved her to -- not likely since the document was prepared before Mickey was found.

It's legalese for not cooperating with LE.

As was previously written here, "moving the body several times" would have been a difficult and messy task. If one reads the document literally, then that means BSL was continuing to move her body after he was arrested. And that means LE knew about all the places he moved her to -- not likely since the document was prepared before Mickey was found.

It's legalese for not cooperating with LE.

I agree; I believe it means continuing to withhold her location, not physically "tampering" with the body throughout the 6 weeks prior to his arrest.

I love how Cpl. Mouton judges distance in minutes. People don't understand, but that's what we do down here. Distance isn't judged in miles, but in minutes. I really do love where I live. <3

Hi all-

I stopped in because I'm terribly sad and there's no one else to tell.

It always breaks my heart when someone's found, oddly.

I think about all the days they were there all alone, waiting.

BMH, finally

Yes, predators look for that vulnerable posture. How you carry your purse matters and how you walk. Walk aggressively I tell myself. (hard to pull off)

It breaks my heart what happened to Mickey. I honestly never thought of someone hitting a bike to get at someone. God bless Mickey. She is a shining light. Prayers for all who love her and must deal with this sadness.

i remember the interview too and thank you again for posting it. i just wanted to pass on what was said in my store today. we still had flyers up and he shared it without my coworker even digging. my coworker has followed the case and knows i am on pins and needles about it.

Bah...I can't get it to play... Who states that they believe he moved her several times? Is it from le or someone tied directly to the case? TIA...

I believe the news station is interpreting the document released by the prosecution a few days ago (Bill of Particulars, etc.) to mean that they believe that -- as some sleuthers also have interpreted it.

For myself, I don't interpret it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx