Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but it all started with his big white truck being seen on video, where anyone should have known there would be cameras. And then he made a spectacle of himself, asking to have his license changed, whiting out his current license, burning his truck, filing false reports, etc...all very dumb things to do, that led to the suspicions of the public. Not a mastermind criminal in my book, even if he managed to get away with a crime in the past that we are as yet unaware of.

Imo, if more info had been released to the public by LE in the investigation of Lisa Pate 13 years ago. Mickey Schunick, would be riding her bike as we speak.

An missing/murdered person investigation that grows cold due to silence has no integrity, imo..

You mentioned Nancy Grace's lack of info on this & other cases. I agree, especially the expert pundits, who continually get their buttocks chewed out for disagreeing with her.. Many times deservingly, LOL..

Imo, if more info had been released to the public by LE in the investigation of Lisa Pate 13 years ago. Mickey Schunick, would be riding her bike as we speak.

An missing/murdered person investigation that grows cold due to silence has no integrity, imo..

You mentioned Nancy Grace's lack of info on this & other cases. I agree, especially the expert pundits, who continually get their buttocks chewed out for disagreeing with her.. Many times deservingly, LOL..

I'm not sure public info would have helped in Lisa's case; seems LE knew who did it all along and when they tried for the indictment, either people would not talk or they just did not have the evidence. They might not have it now, if not for Mickey's case. Will have to wait and see on that.

Doubt it. The fact that he visited her body several times tells me that he would enjoy spending time out there. I don't even think they brought him out there, just got the info from him.

Umm wait. He visited her body several times? You know this how?:what:

Maybe the dogs did make hits on those other gravesites and other locations to lead the authorities to believe he did actually move the bodies around.

Just so everyone knows, I was working out of town at the beginning of this week like normal. I was actually in North Louisiana instead of New Orleans until today, and believe it or not, Mickey's story is not part of the regular news cast up there. I didn't find out about her body being found until I got a text late yesterday evening from a friend who knows how much my heart has been wrenched by her story. The hotel's internet wasn't working, so I depended on my IPad to get me some news. I couldn't even find an avenue to find all of you!

As I watched the brief snip-it and found that she had been located near a cemetery, I couldn't help but think of all of you who have been insisting for weeks that she would be found in a cemetery.

Just goes to show you...Independent, good-ole, pull-from-the-gut-feeling sleuthers really DO have a handle on things.

I am amazed that a group of people have been able to go inside the mind of a killer as well as this group has. A labor of love? I think so.

My heart hurts that Mickey is gone, but I am so grateful for her family who can now begin to reconstruct a world where she isn't coming back. I think the thought of not knowing where your child is would have to be one million times worse than being able to tell her good-bye.

Just so everyone knows, I was working out of town at the beginning of this week like normal. I was actually in North Louisiana instead of New Orleans until today, and believe it or not, Mickey's story is not part of the regular news cast up there. I didn't find out about her body being found until I got a text late yesterday evening from a friend who knows how much my heart has been wrenched by her story. The hotel's internet wasn't working, so I depended on my IPad to get me some news. I couldn't even find an avenue to find all of you!

As I watched the brief snip-it and found that she had been located near a cemetery, I couldn't help but think of all of you who have been insisting for weeks that she would be found in a cemetery.

Just goes to show you...Independent, good-ole, pull-from-the-gut-feeling sleuthers really DO have a handle on things.

I am amazed that a group of people have been able to go inside the mind of a killer as well as this group has. A labor of love? I think so.

My heart hurts that Mickey is gone, but I am so grateful for her family who can now begin to reconstruct a world where she isn't coming back. I think the thought of not knowing where your child is would have to be one million times worse than being able to tell her good-bye.

Yes, we had many who were right on about the cemetery angle... I was reading back over a lot of posts last night and noticed a couple of posters in particular... Thread #34, pg. 19, post #430 by OtherEyes and ktgirl... OtherEyes suggested looking at local cemeteries away from CP, in the general direction, area where she was found... And ktgirl had him figured spot on... Impressive... IMO.

Now that she was found in a cemetary -- it still makes me think BSL was the one that stoled MS's roommate's bicycle and left it at ....a cemetary. I just think BSL was stalking MS for longer than anyone thinks. Just a gut instinct, nothing else.

To all of you who joined WS because of Mickey, and especially the locals, who must have felt the pain even moreso than those of us many miles away. Thank you for all of your dedication and love you showed during the past few weeks, doing all that you could to find Mickey and see that her murderer was found and held accountable. Whether you posted many times a day, only a few times, or never at all, just being here shows your heart for this. As we all deal with our many feelings of anger, grief, and even some relief that Mickey has at least been found now, let us not forget that there are many others on these many threads, and sadly, will be many more. I have been following Kelli Bordeaux's case since the beginning some three and a half months ago (she has still not been found and no suspect has been charged). I hope that you will stay and let your devotion continue to be a voice for the missing. I feel honored to have "met" you all.

Now that she was found in a cemetary -- it still makes me think BSL was the one that stoled MS's roommate's bicycle and left it at ....a cemetary. I just think BSL was stalking MS for longer than anyone thinks. Just a gut instinct, nothing else.

Sounds like the area is packed full of cemeteries to me...I don't think it has to mean anything.

Honestly I do not believe BL has been killing women for years. He was a suspect in Lisa's murder almost at once, apparently, and was caught for Mickey's pretty quickly. He is no genius who has been fooling the law for a decade or two. He is a , who killed these two women and LE was on to him very quickly because he is not very smart.

...and he's not a Satanist either.

If you look at the news clip I posted in my previous post they say that the State believes he moved them several times.

Bah...I can't get it to play... Who states that they believe he moved her several times? Is it from le or someone tied directly to the case? TIA...

Bah...I can't get it to play... Who states that they believe he moved her several times? Is it from le or someone tied directly to the case? TIA...

No-the news person says "prosecutors believe the body was moved..." etc...basing it on their interpretation of the documents...

I'm sorry I hope I didn't post it incorrectly, I'm new at this. If you go to KATC.com you can play it from there. The states prosecutors believe he moved them several times to hamper their case is how it was stated.

I'm sorry I hope I didn't post it incorrectly, I'm new at this. If you go to KATC.com you can play it from there. The states prosecutors believe he moved them several times to hamper their case is how it was stated.

But it was the news anchor saying this, basing it on their reading of the docs...not anyone from the DA's office saying it. I was able to watch the clip.

a reporter for the independent told one of my coworkers today that they will be printing an article tomorrow how the shunicks arent happy about a plea deal bc they were not in fact working with the police about the plea deal. all speculation but it came straight from a male that works at the independent.

I distinctly remember reading that it was Charlie who said to "cut a deal."
I'll look for the link.
Here it is...one of many. This was three weeks ago.

http://kpel965.com/charlie-shunick-...scott-lavergne-knows-where-mickey-shunick-is/

So much information has been shared, but I"m not sure if this was...Forgive if it has been.

KATC said:
The body will be returned to Lafayette in the next two weeks and full test results will be available in the next three or four. The identity of the body will be known much sooner.

Also, Talamo, the Lafayette Parish coroner stated that they did identify the body, but sent it to the FACES lab to confirm it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChampagneGrams