Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to say thank you to everyone here, I was lurker for several weeks, then signed up and posted a few times. You all made me feel welcome, like I might be able to do something to help and as news broke it seemed like you guys got it right more than some MSM. I will take a break for a few days as my third grand child (a girl child) will enter this world soon! It just reminds me how the cycle of life is a most precious thing. My heart goes out to The Shunicks and all those missing someone tonight.
Bon soir

I would like to say thank you to everyone here, I was lurker for several weeks, then signed up and posted a few times. You all made me feel welcome, like I might be able to do something to help and as news broke it seemed like you guys got it right more than some MSM. I will take a break for a few days as my third grand child (a girl child) will enter this world soon! It just reminds me how the cycle of life is a most precious thing. My heart goes out to The Shunicks and all those missing someone tonight.
Bon soir

Wishing God's blessings and much happiness for your family at this important time!

I had never even heard of WS until Mickey's case. I stumbled upon it through FB posts. I am all the way out here in California but was drawn in to this case for some reason....maybe because I lived in Mississippi for a short time and went to NO every weekend and fell in love with the people & the culture, maybe because Mickey was obviously a person that once you saw her, you just knew she was special....
I took a "Girls Trip" out to NO in July. I left they day they were digging up those 3 gravesites. I told my husband "Wouldn't this be crazy if, after following this case since the beginning, I was in NO when they found her." Well, that was not to be.
Praise the Lord Mickey is now able to rest in peace.
I will continue to follow WS. I'm a total newbie, wanna be sleuther but dang it my heart is in the right place and WE CAN make a difference when we put our minds together!!

DWTS = Dancing With The Stars.... :doh:

I'm still in White Truck mode!
Glad I missed that "slip"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol. Me too. It took a minute to figure out what that meant, as I was very interested how something like that could happen over DWTrucks.

I may be asking a question that is general knowledge by now, but I haven't followed this case since shortly after the arrest. Was it stated exactly where the location was that Mickey was abducted? TIA

I may be asking a question that is general knowledge by now, but I haven't followed this case since shortly after the arrest. Was it stated exactly where the location was that Mickey was abducted? TIA

No, no exact location has been released publicly.

Bon soir

Congrats on your new grandbaby!

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you -- from the long-time WS folks who so openly welcomed this bunch of crazy Cajuns to your little sleuthing haven, to the aforementioned crazy Cajuns (and those of other backgrounds as well) who joined WS to follow and offer insights on the Mickey Shunick case.

Thanks for entertaining every bit of wild speculation, conjecture, theory, and nugget of hearsay I've offered. Thanks for challenging me to re-think. Thanks for spurring my late-night brainstorming sessions. Thanks for clarifying, when needed. Thanks for nearly driving me insane with all the Mickey-under-the-truck witchery. Thanks for causing me to see DWTs in my sleep. Thanks for distracting me from my work...okay, maybe that's the fault of my little attention deficit issue.

Seriously, thanks everyone for making this place and this case interesting.

And thanks to you mods whose patience I surely tested.

This isn't goodbye (I plan to stick around, albeit in perhaps a less active role), but these things needed to be said before I eventually get distracted by some shiny object and forget to say them.

Cheers.

And, of course, my thoughts and prayers remain focused on the Shunick family, and on Mickey's inner circle.

For me, the only reason I thought the possibility of MS being moved by BSL was she had not been found. It was hinted at more than once by MSM, *If BSL or his DWT or another vehicle left a digital footprint in an area like the mounds reported by the farmer... it would (imo) narrow the search. Where did he go from there? It really doesn't matter anymore imo again. She is going home.

To be fair to Foxfire, that poster did <modsnip> indicate that the thoughts about Brandon reading Bad Boy are "IMO". Poster is entitled to hypothesize that, I believe.

Imo, Educator & Author Gary Lavergne, may not have known Brandon Lavergne, but Brandon knew of Gary..and had read his Bad Boy from Rosebud book. Imo, BSL was an emulator/copycat.

<respectfully snipped>

Excuse please, mod and Foxfire, any apparent rudeness in my original post -- I surely meant none.

To be fair to Foxfire, that poster did remember (this time!) to indicate that the thoughts about Brandon reading Bad Boy are "IMO". Poster is entitled to hypothesize that, I believe.

I think the "IMO" goes with the sentence about BL being a copycat. :waitasec:

Instead of littering the threads with extraneous comments, you're all welcome to rant about NG here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119784"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you -- from the long-time WS folks who so openly welcomed this bunch of crazy Cajuns to your little sleuthing haven, to the aforementioned crazy Cajuns (and those of other backgrounds as well) who joined WS to follow and offer insights on the Mickey Shunick case.

Thanks for entertaining every bit of wild speculation, conjecture, theory, and nugget of hearsay I've offered. Thanks for challenging me to re-think. Thanks for spurring my late-night brainstorming sessions. Thanks for clarifying, when needed. Thanks for nearly driving me insane with all the Mickey-under-the-truck witchery. Thanks for causing me to see DWTs in my sleep. Thanks for distracting me from my work...okay, maybe that's the fault of my little attention deficit issue.

Seriously, thanks everyone for making this place and this case interesting.

And thanks to you mods whose patience I surely tested.

This isn't goodbye (I plan to stick around, albeit in perhaps a less active role), but these things needed to be said before I eventually get distracted by some shiny object and forget to say them.

Cheers.

I agree completely and could not have said it better myself. I found myself wondering who was posting and what was being said on here while at the office. My daytime life is so demanding that I could hardly ever break away to try and read anything... so I have stayed up til 1 or 2am since I signed up for this site.

One night I told my husband.. "I can't wait til they find Mickey so I can get some sleep!" Now that this time has come to pass, I feel not only sad for what Mickey and her family went through, but kind of sad that I won't be reading and communicating as much with all of you. I am a sleuther by nature and by heart. You have all taught me things, made me cry and made me laugh... thanks for everything and for allowing me to be a part of such a passionate group of people. You are all so wonderful!

If I am ever missing, I can only hope there is a group like you all out there looking and praying for me.. God Bless

For me, the only reason I thought the possibility of MS being moved by BSL was she had not been found. It was hinted at more than once by MSM, *If BSL or his DWT or another vehicle left a digital footprint in an area like the mounds reported by the farmer... it would (imo) narrow the search. Where did he go from there? It really doesn't matter anymore imo again. She is going home.

I hope we find the truth at trial, I really do.

'Well, ya can't pick your relatives'..
I think that Gary Lavergne, was only trying to set the story straight due to some very harsh & derogatory comments about his family on the KFLY FB site.

Imo, Educator & Author Gary Lavergne, may not have known Brandon Lavergne, but Brandon knew of Gary..and had read his Bad Boy from Rosebud book. Imo, BSL was an emulator/copycat.. BSL, was very brazen, calculating, creative, and deflective..just plain damn evil..

http://www.facebook.com/search/resu...4&search_first_focus=1344473515510#!/KLFYTV10

Read comments..

Well said. Just plain damn evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members