HI HI - Mischa Johnson, 19, Schofield Barracks, Oahu, 31 Jul 2024 *6 months pregnant*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This case is really concerning me and in all honesty I have not zoned in on one idea or another. The one thing I see some mentioning is her living alone on a military base (away from family). While this is normally very true in the military this is one time it is different. Mischa was born and raised on Oahu. Her friends and family are here (sorry I live on Oahu also). That is the one thing that keeps sticking with me. Her family heard from her the day before she went missing, they helped look for her (btw there are searches happening but nothing official, more or less locals and the husbands platoon so far). Yes the husband is being very quiet but her family has also said they have supported him and don't think he did anything. So I don't know if his being quiet is the normal military process of keeping things quiet during an investigation.
What is REALLY frustrating me is the camera bit. It frustrates me how many go missing and camera footage is not there. Family said their was one camera facing her neighborhood but it was not recording. That is just frustrating.
Anyway MOO and speculation.

Where are you, Mischa?

So many questions. Does Mischa go for drives without her possessions frequently? Drives during night? Or was this completely out of character (guessing yes). What was her routine in the days before she disappeared? Anything unusual?

I trust there is a lot of info that we don't know that's being reviewed. I hope Mischa and her unborn child are safe somewhere.

This case is really concerning me and in all honesty I have not zoned in on one idea or another. The one thing I see some mentioning is her living alone on a military base (away from family). While this is normally very true in the military this is one time it is different. Mischa was born and raised on Oahu. Her friends and family are here (sorry I live on Oahu also). That is the one thing that keeps sticking with me. Her family heard from her the day before she went missing, they helped look for her (btw there are searches happening but nothing official, more or less locals and the husbands platoon so far). Yes the husband is being very quiet but her family has also said they have supported him and don't think he did anything. So I don't know if his being quiet is the normal military process of keeping things quiet during an investigation.
What is REALLY frustrating me is the camera bit. It frustrates me how many go missing and camera footage is not there. Family said their was one camera facing her neighborhood but it was not recording. That is just frustrating.
Anyway MOO and speculation.
Thank you for sharing this. I thought I saw something that made me think she was local but I haven’t been able to find it again, so I wasn’t sure. I also saw on a missing site that there were no searches happening which was upsetting. I’m glad to see there are, even if only the family. I hope they find her soon.

From the missing information I read she left home without her phone, her wallet & her car.

I cannot imagine a young pregnant woman leaving with no phone & no wallet. You must have your ID to get on base or do anything on base.
Thanks, I was wondering about her phone.
Left her wallet/cash and car, too ?

Leaving without anything except the clothes on her back sounds ominous.
Maybe they can glean something off her phone ?
Omo.

Bumping...
...Circumstances of Disappearance
She was last seen by her husband on 7/31/2024. Her husband went to bed, and when he awoke at 0800 on 8/01/2024, Mischa was gone. Mischa left her wallet, phone, keys, and identification. Mischa is pregnant.

Wondering if she would've had a friend pick her up ?
As in, she wanted out of her old life ?
Omo.

If the reason is her pregnancy, the child she's expecting, to me that gives an impression that MJ is only seen as a vessel for the unborn child, not a person in her own right. Had she not been pregnant, her being missing wouldn't be as important to the organisation posting.
Bbm.
What, sorry if I'm misunderstanding ??

The US Army CID sounds concerned, and they have offered a reward.
I think they have a vested interest in not only MJ as a spouse of an enlisted man -- but as a person.
Not getting any 'unconcerned' vibes here ?

My opinion is that it's quite rare for a pregnant wife to just up and vanish.
Tbh, it makes me fear something bad has happened.
I hope I'm wrong !
Omo.

Last edited:

Added to NamUs; Aug 6 2024

Circumstances of Disappearance

She was last seen by her husband on 7/31/2024. Her husband went to bed, and when he awoke at 0800 on 8/01/2024, Mischa was gone. Mischa left her wallet, phone, keys, and identification. Mischa is pregnant.
Red emphasis mine.

I took that to mean they shared a bed/bedroom and when he went to sleep, Mischa was there ?
Omo.

Schofield Barracks looks to be huge. (Google Map)

This is bringing back to my memory the case of Trevor Balint, who mysteriously went missing from Yokota Air Base in Japan in 2021. WS has a thread for him.
In that case, he was found deceased after two weeks’ time in the housing tower where he and his wife lived, up in a storage closet of some sort. Suicide. So, Trevor Balint never left the base.

I hope they search all vacant or storage areas on site.

Just a general question....if husband is active duty, why is he waking up at 0800 on a weekday? Unless he's on leave? Most military units start much earlier in the morning.

Not to defend him, but many of the platoons have been out in the field and it's possible they had a late start after getting back in.

This is bringing back to my memory the case of Trevor Balint, who mysteriously went missing from Yokota Air Base in Japan in 2021. WS has a thread for him.
In that case, he was found deceased after two weeks’ time in the housing tower where he and his wife lived, up in a storage closet of some sort. Suicide. So, Trevor Balint never left the base.

It is over 17,000 acres with just under 100,000 on base daily.

Bbm.

I think they have a vested interest in not only MJ as a spouse of an enlisted man -- but as a person.

I hope I'm wrong !
Omo.

Yes, the CID is concerned. The last thing the military needs is for the public to think another base has a problem with soldiers/civilans ending up dead. *cough cough, Im looking at you Ft. Hood*

In 2021 a solider was arrested for murdering his wife on base.

Bbm.

I hope I'm wrong !
Omo.
In post #1 the US Army CID referres to MJ as "missing pregnant woman", and then in post #2 the poster from www.missingkids.org says "Have you seen this child?" so MJ went from being a "pregnant woman" to being a "child" at the age of 19.

Apple map appears to be more specific than Google map about Schofield Barracks. If their housing was on Foote Ave, I can see where a nighttime walk off without detection would be very possible. Only a vacant field and a park with a baseball, softball, and track between the barracks and a major thoroughfare. If Mischa wanted to disappear walking to Wilikina and getting a ride from a friend or a stranger would probably not be very difficult to do. Another concern is the major Reservoir just across that thoroughfare.

and then in post #2 the poster from www.missingkids.org says "Have you seen this child?" so MJ went from being a "pregnant woman" to being a "child" at the age of 19.

That's verbiage specific to NCMEC. They've started including young adults aged 18-20 in their missing children cases. Here's more info on why:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back