FOUND DECEASED - WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I'm an infrequent poster and longtime lurker, and feel like I've come to know many of you. I've been following the cases of Lindsey Baum, Nancy Moyer, Kayla Croft, and Shantina Smiley from day one (and on the periphery, Misty Copsey, Anna Chebetnoy, and Kimberly Delange).

I am beyond frustrated that not one of these cases has been solved. I searched for Lindsey several times, and have many questions. Have also been to McCleary and know the area fairly well.

Has the Evergreen Christian Community ever been a focus of investigation? It seems to me that it's possible that Lindsey possibly...just possibly...may have walked by that church (through the back alley) and been lured by somebody at the church (whom she possibly knew.) It is one of the few places in the area that is isolated enough (surrounded by shrubs, trees, etc.) for a child to disappear without anyone noticing. Is it POSSIBLE that this was her route? Any other place doesn't seem logical. Somebody would have seen or heard.

:goodpost:

Also:

:wagon: to Websleuths, Lastwaltz! I'm glad you came out of lurkdom and joined us. :great:

Hi everyone. I'm an infrequent poster and longtime lurker, and feel like I've come to know many of you. I've been following the cases of Lindsey Baum, Nancy Moyer, Kayla Croft, and Shantina Smiley from day one (and on the periphery, Misty Copsey, Anna Chebetnoy, and Kimberly Delange).

I am beyond frustrated that not one of these cases has been solved. I searched for Lindsey several times, and have many questions. Have also been to McCleary and know the area fairly well.

Has the Evergreen Christian Community ever been a focus of investigation? It seems to me that it's possible that Lindsey possibly...just possibly...may have walked by that church (through the back alley) and been lured by somebody at the church (whom she possibly knew.) It is one of the few places in the area that is isolated enough (surrounded by shrubs, trees, etc.) for a child to disappear without anyone noticing. Is it POSSIBLE that this was her route? Any other place doesn't seem logical. Somebody would have seen or heard.

No one can be sure who exactly LE has focused on. They don't share that info with anyone (not even MB). But we've been assured that LE has looked at all scenarios. So I'm assuming ECC has been thought of and looked into. Where any of that went.. your guess is as good as mine.

:)

Why has it been over a year since they obtained items from TH and there hasn't been any word on forensics?

Hi Lastwaltz, welcome to the forum! :seeya: In response to your question about the Evergreen Christian Community. I don't know if it's ever been mentioned here or by LE at all, I'm not as informed about this case as some members, but the name sounds vaguely familiar to me. I could be mistaken. I just looked up whether it was in her route, and it doesn't seem like it. I used Google Maps and this thread (with Lindsey's route and points of interest): Photos of points of interest in McCleary - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community . As you can see, it seems like she was on West Maple Street and heading to East Mommsen Street. As far as I was able to Google, that Community is on West Pine Street. According to Google Maps, if one heads down one of the streets that cross both Pine and Maple and also Fir between them (the ones that are Xth street, where X is a number) it's about five minutes on foot from Pine to Maple. However, GMaps also indicated that the church is not exactly at an intersection although it is close to one. I think that it's not unlikely that someone was on the corner and spotted her but I'm not so sure. It still makes sense to check it out, as a nearby public place that could have a lot of people coming and going and very few bystanders.

IMO some sort of resolution is long overdue in this case.
In the thread "2009 - Search Warrants - Online/etc. [1]" Post #3 at the end of the scanned page 3 of 4:
"On 7/1/09 I recieved an Email from Jed Ritcher, (I may not have the last name correct old eyes) he told me that the IP address 24.22.191.254 was used to access Lindsey Baum Yoville account on 6/28/09 at 1932 hours and appears to be a Comcast IP address."
This date was 2 days after Lindsey disappeared. I have read these warrants previously, but this never jumped out at me before.
Has this ever been discussed in this forum?
If so, what was discussed in a nut shell.
Thanks in advance.

:>)
Lisa

Praying for Lindsey, her family and friends!

It could be something like, she was logged in at a friend's computer and the next time someone checked her account was the first. In any case, I hope they checked it out. It seems really strange. It could also be her parents/family or LE trying to see if any of her friends seemed suspicious. Isn't Yoville based exclusively on social networks? I just Googled and it seems like in addition to the FB version (which is the one I was thinking of) there was/is a MySpace one, but I don't know of any that are standalone versions that don't require an account on those sites. I wonder why Yoville is brought up specifically. I'm not a fan of Facebook but from what I understand, some games let you add people who aren't your "friends", or at least they used to, so it could be a relative or a detective looking for any additional information.

I just looked up that address and several sites say the server is based on Aberdeen WA (it doesn't necessarily mean that the person is also in Aberdeen, since for example a few IP locators have previously told me I was in the nearest major city). I wonder if this would be common for someone in McCleary. Another site says Hoquiam specifically.

Why has it been over a year since they obtained items from TH and there hasn't been any word on forensics?

I know! I wonder if this means they found something or if nothing was found so they didn't have anything to report.

Anna Chebetnoy was murdered in 1991, her body found near Enumclaw. The murder was never solved. On June 26, 2011, somebody created a "Find a Grave" memorial for Anna with a picture of her grave. This is the second anniversary of Lindsey's disappearance, and there was some media coverage about the anniversary. Probably just a coincidence, but an unsettling one. Does anyone know anything about "Find a Grave"? The person who added the page is listed as "Dave H."

Hi Lastwaltz, welcome to the forum! :seeya: In response to your question about the Evergreen Christian Community. I don't know if it's ever been mentioned here or by LE at all, I'm not as informed about this case as some members, but the name sounds vaguely familiar to me. I could be mistaken. I just looked up whether it was in her route, and it doesn't seem like it. I used Google Maps and this thread (with Lindsey's route and points of interest): Photos of points of interest in McCleary - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community . As you can see, it seems like she was on West Maple Street and heading to East Mommsen Street. As far as I was able to Google, that Community is on West Pine Street. According to Google Maps, if one heads down one of the streets that cross both Pine and Maple and also Fir between them (the ones that are Xth street, where X is a number) it's about five minutes on foot from Pine to Maple. However, GMaps also indicated that the church is not exactly at an intersection although it is close to one. I think that it's not unlikely that someone was on the corner and spotted her but I'm not so sure. It still makes sense to check it out, as a nearby public place that could have a lot of people coming and going and very few bystanders.

It's been checked out.. LE hasn't said or done anything to indicate they suspect anyone from the church. But then again LE doesn't give out a lot of info so who knows what LE suspects.

It could be something like, she was logged in at a friend's computer and the next time someone checked her account was the first. In any case, I hope they checked it out. It seems really strange. It could also be her parents/family or LE trying to see if any of her friends seemed suspicious. Isn't Yoville based exclusively on social networks? I just Googled and it seems like in addition to the FB version (which is the one I was thinking of) there was/is a MySpace one, but I don't know of any that are standalone versions that don't require an account on those sites. I wonder why Yoville is brought up specifically. I'm not a fan of Facebook but from what I understand, some games let you add people who aren't your "friends", or at least they used to, so it could be a relative or a detective looking for any additional information.

I just looked up that address and several sites say the server is based on Aberdeen WA (it doesn't necessarily mean that the person is also in Aberdeen, since for example a few IP locators have previously told me I was in the nearest major city). I wonder if this would be common for someone in McCleary. Another site says Hoquiam specifically.

If I remember correctly LE determined who this was and it was not Lindsey.

I know! I wonder if this means they found something or if nothing was found so they didn't have anything to report.

I think if LE had found something... warrants would have been signed for an arrest.
It's either they found nothing or forensics is still so backed up that they haven't gotten the results back yet.

Anna Chebetnoy was murdered in 1991, her body found near Enumclaw. The murder was never solved. On June 26, 2011, somebody created a "Find a Grave" memorial for Anna with a picture of her grave. This is the second anniversary of Lindsey's disappearance, and there was some media coverage about the anniversary. Probably just a coincidence, but an unsettling one. Does anyone know anything about "Find a Grave"? The person who added the page is listed as "Dave H."

Anyone can contribute to Find a Grave but I'll tell ya, if the information is questionable, usually a serious genealogist will speak up. I am a contributor for a private cemetery that some friends own and if I put one thing on there that is new, I get questioned. :cheerful:

It's been checked out.. LE hasn't said or done anything to indicate they suspect anyone from the church. But then again LE doesn't give out a lot of info so who knows what LE suspects.

If I remember correctly LE determined who this was and it was not Lindsey.

I think if LE had found something... warrants would have been signed for an arrest.
It's either they found nothing or forensics is still so backed up that they haven't gotten the results back yet.

Thanks. Has LE thought the Yoville info was relevant at all? Because like I said I think there could have been some kind of harmless explanation.

You're right. I was wondering if it was possible that LE could have found something that looks suspicious but isn't that conclusive, so they're trying to build a more solid footing before bringing him in. I think that it's more likely that it hasn't all been analysed yet. Otherwise with all the hype around him I think word have gotten out that LE had found nothing unless they still believe him to be one of the main suspects and are just keeping quiet to be able to find evidence that links him to the case.

Thanks. Has LE thought the Yoville info was relevant at all? Because like I said I think there could have been some kind of harmless explanation.

You're right. I was wondering if it was possible that LE could have found something that looks suspicious but isn't that conclusive, so they're trying to build a more solid footing before bringing him in. I think that it's more likely that it hasn't all been analysed yet. Otherwise with all the hype around him I think word have gotten out that LE had found nothing unless they still believe him to be one of the main suspects and are just keeping quiet to be able to find evidence that links him to the case.

The Yoville log in was not relevant.

Regarding search warrants...there have been quite a few executed, and it seems like LE doesn't ever clear people (publicly, anyway...) If innocent, it must be terrible to be stuck in search warrant limbo. If I'm mistaken and someone has been cleared, please let me know.

Regarding search warrants...there have been quite a few executed, and it seems like LE doesn't ever clear people (publicly, anyway...) If innocent, it must be terrible to be stuck in search warrant limbo. If I'm mistaken and someone has been cleared, please let me know.

I don't think they can really say who is cleared and who isn't since the case hasn't been solved yet.

Thinking of Lindsey ♥

It has been way too long. :'(

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

:bump: and prayers for sweet Lindsey. :please:

uQLphW3.jpg

Hailey Dunn's remains were found in Texas, LE made the official identification yesterday. I thought of Lindsey, where are you sweet girl?

Thinking of Lindsey today!!

I'm gonna throw this out here because it's something I've thought about a bit over the years.

Search teams (LE included, i'm sure) really hammered away at both directions of highway 8 & highway 108 leading out of town (all the way to highway 101)

One area that just didn't have the equal search power is Mox Chehalis, generally speaking.

Minus 1-2 public entries to capitol forest much of the east side of Mox Chehalis is privately owned (often open land, but included gated cap. forest access roads) - it was truly inaccessible nearly all the way down to Malone. (minus behind it, capitol forest itself)

The west side of Mox was less of a concern partially because of elevation/terrain. It's not near as inhabited as the east side.

Mox Chehalis is a really long road.

Next would be highway 12, both directions coming out of Malone. This is really an area that just didn't get enough attention.

In the beginning, the Klaas team/Brad did actually focus on some areas on highway 12. There was just so much to comb over closer to town that the later search teams just didn't have the time/power to branch out to these areas as hard.

Both directions of highway 12 need to be looked at. If a team was to be assembled today i'd strongly suggest the lower 1/2 of Mox Chehalis & both directions of 12.

-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member