Fox airs vulgar shirt during playoff game!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mabel said:
I fail to see how saying the "F" word has the power to stop murders or violence on TV. It does, however, have the power to offend some people. If the woman had any respect for others, she wouldn't have worn the shirt. She's a loser, IMO.

Well said Mabel. Having many family and friends who were at the game, I can say they were all highly offended. More than anything - they were embarassed. They felt it was embarassing to the Saints. They also said security would have stopped her had she approached them at the gate with that shirt. She obviously had something else on when she went through security to get into the game so she obviously knew better at that point. :slap:

It would have been much different had she been at a party and wore the shirt. But to wear something like that around children is wrong IMO.

Jules said:
Well said Mabel. Having many family and friends who were at the game, I can say they were all highly offended. More than anything - they were embarassed. They felt it was embarassing to the Saints. They also said security would have stopped her had she approached them at the gate with that shirt. She obviously had something else on when she went through security to get into the game so she obviously knew better at that point. :slap:

It would have been much different had she been at a party and wore the shirt. But to wear something like that around children is wrong IMO.
I suppose they could see it on the Jumbo-Tron too?

I also thought it was embarassing for the Saints.

JanetElaine said:
Even though I said "I would rather", I do agree with Mr. E about the 'just a word' part. It would be great if cursing was banished from vocabulary altogether. Unfortunately, I doubt that will ever happen. But if it takes a world of people going '' a couple of times a day, and we'd never have abuse, murders, and other violence anymore, I'd definitely prefer that over a world of violence where nobody curses. Just me babbling, here. :)

Is it an "either/or" kind of thing? Can I choose to be bothered by abuse, murder, violence AND some bimbo with the word "" on her teensy t-shirt for all to read?

Your kid may hear that word every day, but I'm pretty sure my 6yo hasn't. And she can read.

Dark Knight said:
The director can see what the camera sees before he goes to that camera shot, so I still cannot believe they let that happen. I imagine it was after that shot that security had a few words with her. She had nice abs, though, lol.

Sports are very fast paced, though, and those switcher buttons are very close together. Could be that the person operating the switcher punched the wrong one. Could be the director called the wrong one. Either way, I dont think Fox should be in trouble for it. It was live, not a taped event where it could be edited out beforehand. I think the woman wearing the shirt is the one responsible. Just as fans who "streak" at sporting events are arrested and the network broadcasting the event is not held responsible for streaking.

angelmom said:
Is it an "either/or" kind of thing? Can I choose to be bothered by abuse, murder, violence AND some bimbo with the word "" on her teensy t-shirt for all to read?

Your kid may hear that word every day, but I'm pretty sure my 6yo hasn't. And she can read.
Just forget it, okay? If you choose to read more into what I said, other than saying violence bothers me more than sex and it would be worth it to me if we had nomore abuse, violence and murder by having to listen to the occasional person cursing every once in a while, just go ahead. Geez. I think y'all know very well what I was trying to say if you read all my posts, so no need to get snotty about it.

And 'my kid' (can you say it with even less regard, next time?) does not hear that word every day.... where did you get that from any of my postings?

An honest discussion with someone who has a 100% different view than me doesn't scare me away or upset me, but people purposely ripping things out of context get on my nerves.

JanetElaine said:
Just forget it, okay? If you choose to read more into what I said, other than saying violence bothers me more than sex and it would be worth it to me if we had nomore abuse, violence and murder by having to listen to the occasional person cursing every once in a while, just go ahead. Geez. I think y'all know very well what I was trying to say if you read all my posts, so no need to get snotty about it.

And 'my kid' (can you say it with even less regard, next time?) does not hear that word every day.... where did you get that from any of my postings?

An honest discussion with someone who has a 100% different view than me doesn't scare me away or upset me, but people purposely ripping things out of context get on my nerves.
I think you read a bit too much into angelmom's post, lol. Everybody go roll in the snow and cool off! :D

angelmom said:

If she is in school she has heard it.

I do not defend this women of obvious LOW CLASS.
However, its just a word. Half the coaches are yelling it as are the players.
A word only has the power a person gives it.

julianne said:
Exactly. I agree 100%. Random acts of violence are okay, but the word F*CK will screw kids up?
good point!
cool.gif

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01152007/sports/fox_crowd_shots_aim_for_trouble_sports_phil_mushnick.htm

http://www.centredaily.com/mld/centredaily/sports/football/nfl/philadelphia_eagles/16457074.htm

Fox comments on controversial shot. Fox spokeswoman Ileana Pena issued an apology for a crowd shot during last night's game that showed a woman who obviously was not an Eagles fan. The woman wore a shirt that said "[Expletive]-da Eagles."

"The shot was inadvertent and unintentional, and we apologize for it," Pena said when reached for comment.
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/posttech/2007/01/fox_airs_profanity_during_eagl_1.html?nav=rss_blog

But this instance was neither fleeting nor live: The profane word was not said, it was WRITTEN on the TV screen on her t-shirt for five seconds. The TiVo evidence is indisputable.

Moreover, it was not live: The Fox cameras recorded her celebrating when the play happened and aired it during the replay. In other words, Fox directors CHOSE to air the profane word.

luvbeaches said:
Actually, I think we live in a society that's has no morals. I don't think children need to see the "F" word on a shirt.....................

Well you're just out of luck apparently because that woman has decided that children DO need to see it. I've chastized grown men in restaurants for using foul language in front of children and I would have had no problem telling that woman that her shirt was inappropriate. Too bad she couldn't figure that out for herself.

Dark Knight said:
Erm, prolly not or we'd have to arrest people for swearing in public as well.

I was also shocked when I saw it, but decided it must have said "pluck the Eagles." lol. Yes that was very stupid of Fox.

LOL :laugh: :laugh:

Dark Knight said:
I think you read a bit too much into angelmom's post, lol. Everybody go roll in the snow and cool off! :D
We don't have snow.... *pouts*

My apologies to angelmom if I did read too much into it.

Sheesh - and I remember when they wouldn't show Elvis below the waist and Lainy Kazan had to have a "hanky" inserted in the V of her gown because she was showing too much cleavage!!! :eek:

But I do agree that we have become a society of very few morals sad to say not to mention embarrassing to be around. I am no prude believe me....but I still find it to be offensive especially when young kids are around.

And when I see a woman wearing t-shirts with offensive sayings I am even more so. I just don't understand "freedom of speech" I guess. :rolleyes:

Yeah, it was in bad taste to wear the shirt. As far as kids go, though, if they are old enough to read it, and know it's a bad word, then they've heard it!

I always let my kids swear. Yup, even the F-word, if that's what they chose. The only thing they weren't allowed to do was direct it at me, i.e. "F you, Mom."

It's funny. Neither one swore much, even with their friends. One doesn't swear at all now, the other very rarely.

Gidgette said:
Sheesh - and I remember when they wouldn't show Elvis below the waist and Lainy Kazan had to have a "hanky" inserted in the V of her gown because she was showing too much cleavage!!! :eek:

But I do agree that we have become a society of very few morals sad to say not to mention embarrassing to be around. I am no prude believe me....but I still find it to be offensive especially when young kids are around.

And when I see a woman wearing t-shirts with offensive sayings I am even more so. I just don't understand "freedom of speech" I guess. :rolleyes:

Saw Lainie Kazan in concert a few weeks ago. SHE WAS BRILLIANT! One of the best solo concerts I've ever seen.

She no longer wears the hanky, but I'm not sure that has anything to do with a lack of morals.
:D

IrishMist said:
Yeah, it was in bad taste to wear the shirt. As far as kids go, though, if they are old enough to read it, and know it's a bad word, then they've heard it!

I always let my kids swear. Yup, even the F-word, if that's what they chose. The only thing they weren't allowed to do was direct it at me, i.e. "F you, Mom."

It's funny. Neither one swore much, even with their friends. One doesn't swear at all now, the other very rarely.

Thank you for that distinction. I used to make it with students. To me, there is a world of difference between "F*ck!" and "F*ck you!" (Of course the t-shirt in question was the latter. Crude and none too sporting.)

Melisinde said:
I am more offended that the shirt said something negative about my team... then the fact that it had a vulgar word on it. :hand:

:laugh:
I'm a Bears fan and am happy this week.
I'd have been concerned if the Bears had lost however, I could not care less about this non-issue.

BTW-I like Garcia and was pulling for the Eagles.
Too bad.
Three & four bad, evun.

It happened so quickly I don't think a small kid would comprehend it. And even though I hate certain teams, I would never wear a shirt like that. Although I do SAY that word. But not around kids or people I don't know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13
Back