Found Deceased France - Émile S., 2, outside grandparent’s house, Le Vernet, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, 8 July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cleared of what?

This entire investigation apart from the most vague and wide sweeping statements is on full lockdown, much like the little village.
we know nothing, we have no theories and we have no suspects or confirmation that foul play of any description plays a role here.

It's refreshing in many ways, no crazy theories based on conspiracies to go chase but it is painfully slow. I hesitate to post repetitive links telling us nothing at all and only doing it to keep some hope alive until we are officially informed that none exists.
I have been on a Tour of France. This case was on the French TV every night but I could not understand much of it as my French is now rusty. When someone goes missing often the parents and grandparents are cleared of suspicion first but in this case, this does not seem to have been done.

That sounds nice! I grew up just outside of Detroit, so a different upbringing for sure!
it just felt normal not to lock or close doors.
our US relatives used to be bewildered and could not believe it.
Even still, though I no longer live in a village or a city, the door is mostly open though most of my visitors are animals , many feral.

I think Emile's village is very like that, everybody knows everybody and even if they don't know the children by name, they know which family they belong to and would know who to contact if a child was hurt or perceived to be in danger.
Cities provide an anonymity that is a luxury in comparison..

This decree, which was to end on July 17, was finally renewed until July 31. It has just been extended again until Saturday August 5 inclusive , according to information relayed by Le Figaro . The objective remains the same: to ensure the smooth running of the investigation and to let the inhabitants and especially Emile's family live peacefully.

The average Frenchman has five weeks of holiday, of which he usually takes three in summer and two in winter. Children have 16 to 17 weeks without lessons, nine of which are summer holidays (early July to early September). -Google-
Someday the summer holidays will be over. Then at the latest the family will have to leave the village. It is not known, whether the grandfather will keep his practice closed the whole time.

Maybe most of them just did not see him because they were not at the same place at the same time?
He was seen by two people only as far as we know.

There is nothing to suggest they were either complacent or responsible!
Also, I have seen varying info. re. who these witnesses were, even that they were not adults, which would help explain why they didn't stop Emile. Hard to say without more info.

New article August 2 dateline... Who are the the missing French toddler Emile's parents and grandparents?

Update: It does say that this interview was in July, so not sure if posted on this thread yet. Either way, doesn't hurt to repost if so. I never saw it, interesting read.I just realized halfway through that I had heard some of these comments before but oh well! :) It also has a number of links to other articles as well, so there's that.

Last edited:

PARISIAN INFO. Four houses burned in a hamlet about ten kilometers from Haut-Vernet, where little Émile disappeared. One of them, which belonged to the child's maternal family, was damaged. A track “neither privileged nor excluded” by the investigators​

remainder of article is paywalled

Before spending their holidays in Haut-Vernet (Alpes-de-Haute-Provence), Émile's grandparents would have lived a few kilometers away, in the hamlet of Boulard, where their house was burned down in 2019. As revealed Le Parisien Thursday August 3, 2023, a video surveillance camera causing "twitching" was removed shortly before the disappearance of the 2-year-old boy.​

Before taking up residence in the summer in this isolated hamlet in the mountains, his maternal grandparents would have lived in the hamlet of Boulard, only a few kilometers away, where the maternal great-grandfather already lived in the 1960s. As Le Parisien reveals on Thursday August 3, 2023, an arson destroyed their property in 2019, without the case ever having been elucidated. The atmosphere and the history of this micro-town of a few second homes therefore raise the questions of the investigators, who are still struggling to draw concrete leads in the disappearance of Émile . One element in particular raises questions in the report of our colleagues: a video surveillance camera perched on a small chapel, "an object of tension" among the residents.

This device would have been removed from its location a little over a month ago, just before the disappearance of Émile. While no element confirms for the moment the slightest scenario, the investigators are studying the track of this departure of voluntary fire. "She is neither privileged nor excluded by the investigators at this

. In 2019, the former house of the maternal grandparents in Boulard, a village in the Alpes-de-Haute-Provence located a few kilometers from Haut-Vernet, was set on fire deliberately in the middle of the night. A criminal case without victim fortunately, but which raises questions today, within the framework of the judicial information opened fordisturbing disappearance .

The experts had found several firing systems in the middle of the rubble. Since then, Boullard has been almost deserted and even qualified as a ghost town . It was actually the missing child's maternal great-grandfather and a group of friends who had bought some of the houses (ed. six, in all)in 1967, details the French media. These medical students in Marseilles had bought ruins and renovated them.

. In 2019, the former house of the maternal grandparents in Boulard, a village in the Alpes-de-Haute-Provence located a few kilometers from Haut-Vernet, was set on fire deliberately in the middle of the night. A criminal case without victim fortunately, but which raises questions today, within the framework of the judicial information opened fordisturbing disappearance .

Well! I certainly didn't expect this! The previous longtime family house in another nearby area had been set on fire deliberately? And a security camera on a little town church removed a month before Emile's disappearance. How odd, and bewildering! It's hard to know what to think. I wonder what several 'firing systems' means and 'twitching' of the security camera. The translations sometimes aren't clear.

Well! I certainly didn't expect this! The previous longtime family house in another nearby area had been set on fire deliberately? And a security camera on a little town church removed a month before Emile's disappearance. How odd, and bewildering! It's hard to know what to think.
Kinda sorta..
Not convinced.

I think some peoples' noses were put out of joint by those renovations, possibly someone who felt they had a claim to the derelict homes? just guessing from piecing bits together..

Not at all convinced their political affiliations were connected to it though it makes stories.

The camera removal is possibly a thing though.. emikle had just arrived, would have had to have been someone who knew of the cctv removal and anticupated or had actual knowledge oof when exactly he had arrived..

It's easy to lure a tiny child..

Just feel it's grasping at straws though,

No real info is really coming through.. it's very depressing at this point..

PARISIAN INFO. Four houses burned in a hamlet about ten kilometers from Haut-Vernet, where little Émile disappeared. One of them, which belonged to the child's maternal family, was damaged. A track “neither privileged nor excluded” by the investigators​

remainder of article is paywalled
From memory, Emile's Father said that the little fellow was capable of a 10 kilometers hike.
I am wondering if the family used to all hike there to visit the Great Grandfather.

Kinda sorta..
Not convinced.

I think some peoples' noses were put out of joint by those renovations, possibly someone who felt they had a claim to the derelict homes? just guessing from piecing bits together..

Not at all convinced their political affiliations were connected to it though it makes stories.

The camera removal is possibly a thing though.. emikle had just arrived, would have had to have been someone who knew of the cctv removal and anticupated or had actual knowledge oof when exactly he had arrived..

It's easy to lure a tiny child..

Just feel it's grasping at straws though,

No real info is really coming through.. it's very depressing at this point..
Yes, being the house fire was several years ago, I don't think it would be related to Emile's disappearance IMO. It is just startling how side info like that comes out in cases and can be woven into being somehow related to whatever has happened in present day. The security camera I suppose could be related but also could not be. Still, interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1