Found Deceased France - Émile S., 2, outside grandparent’s house, Le Vernet, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, 8 July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From memory, Emile's Father said that the little fellow was capable of a 10 kilometers hike.
I am wondering if the family used to all hike there to visit the Great Grandfather.
Possibly, but I just can't see a young toddler being able to sus out the direction to a former family home, although he might've thought it in his head. Who knows!?

The fire was in 2019. Émile is 2 years old. How would he even remember that house? He wasn't born yet.
That is correct but it may have been one of their walks. He may have had landmarks in his little head, things he had noticed on previous walks and things that he found worthy of further exploration.
Nobody knows where he is so every opinion is valid.

That is correct but it may have been one of their walks. He may have had landmarks in his little head, things he had noticed on previous walks and things that he found worthy of further exploration.
Nobody knows where he is so every opinion is valid.
He's 2 years old. How many walks could they have been on? This is a vacation home, they don't live there.

These links below refer to what Emile's Father is quoted as saying :- BBM -

"At 6 p.m., the grandparents sound the alarm. A remote pilot equipped with a drone then comes to the aid of the gendarmes and meets Émile's father, who was not there when his son vanished. "He told me that the little one was able to cover ten kilometers in the mountains, it seems huge for a child of two and a half years old. It's very steep terrain, which goes up and down, there are valleys, ditches", recounts Samuel Flechais. "At first, they thought he couldn't be far, since he was walking. But as time went on, they felt more and more stressed."

VIDÉO - Après cinq jours d'enquête, le petit Émile toujours introuvable : retour sur les premières heures de sa disparition

"For two years, according to various testimonies, at the rate of one image per minute, the camera would have captured the tranquility of the place. A little over a month ago, it was removed."

This article has a lot of interesting information about the history of Boullard:

"It is a village where five large families have known a lot of happiness. Fortunately, we still have memories, and no one can take them away from us. It's sad to see that the soul of the hamlet can be attacked."

<moo>

Thanks for clarifying that.
I didn't know.
Would it have covered a road into HV?
providing traffic cam type observation or had any function at all in relation to hV?
It is from the last lines of the article @renarde posted above. It describes the hamlet of Boulard as a ghost town of 5-6 houses at the end of a long unpaved road only accessible by 4x4. Because it is not a through road or close to a junction on a main road, I doubt the security camera could have captured anything related to Emile's disappearance.

Here is my synopsis, based on a translated version. I'd love to know more about what seems to be hinted at in the translated article, but I am not bilingual. So what follows is MOO after reading the articles in the French media that you and others have shared with us.

Five friends and their families purchased derelict homes and built them into vacation homes in the late 60s/early 70s, centered around a far-right worldview with the Catholic Church (pre-Vatican II, that is) in charge of secular affairs. They modelled themselves The Kingdom of Patagonia, after Jean Raspail's nativist and racist works. Over the years, there have been apparently been schisms and feuding among the founding families. MOO, what I gleaned from the articles.

According to the article below, it seems a smaller, reconstituted group (which included Emile's maternal great-grandfather) remained in control of the hamlet and it was centered around the chapel. That is where the camera was. It was there for two years and removed recently. It captured the few, rare hikers who came through. Unless Emile was kidnapped by people formerly associated with Boulard who used it as a base camp in their plot, which would be quite fantastical, the arson and the security camera probably have no bearing here. I am certain authorities are investigating the possibility of involvement by rivals on the far right as well as groups opposed to them. But even so, Boulard is unlikely to be relevant.

Disparition du petit Emile au Vernet: L’enquête du journal Le Parisien qui interroge

Thanks for clarifying that.
I didn't know.
Would it have covered a road into HV?
providing traffic cam type observation or had any function at all in relation to hV?
Ha! I'm flattered. You are the expert! I wish I was bilingual or multilingual, as you seem to be. I appreciate all the sources you provide us with on this and other cases.

It is from the last lines of the article @renarde posted above. It describes the hamlet of Boulard as a ghost town of 5-6 houses at the end of a long unpaved road only accessible by 4x4. Because it is not a through road or close to a junction on a main road, I doubt the security camera could have captured anything related to Emile's disappearance.

Here is my synopsis, based on a translated version. I'd love to know more about what seems to be hinted at in the translated article, but I am not bilingual. So what follows is MOO after reading the articles in the French media that you and others have shared with us.

Five friends and their families purchased derelict homes and built them into vacation homes in the late 60s/early 70s, centered around a far-right worldview with the Catholic Church (pre-Vatican II, that is) in charge of secular affairs. They modelled themselves The Kingdom of Patagonia, after Jean Raspail's nativist and racist works. Over the years, there have been apparently been schisms and feuding among the founding families. MOO, what I gleaned from the articles.

According to the article below, it seems a smaller, reconstituted group (which included Emile's maternal great-grandfather) remained in control of the hamlet and it was centered around the chapel. That is where the camera was. It was there for two years and removed recently. It captured the few, rare hikers who came through. Unless Emile was kidnapped by people formerly associated with Boulard who used it as a base camp in their plot, which would be quite fantastical, the arson and the security camera probably have no bearing here. I am certain authorities are investigating the possibility of involvement by rivals on the far right as well as groups opposed to them. But even so, Boulard is unlikely to be relevant.

Disparition du petit Emile au Vernet: L’enquête du journal Le Parisien qui interroge
Thank you.
That's great.
I had a feeling it was media grasping but I was quite unaware of location of the controversial camera..

Not quite enough to surmise they had enemies but not quite the most popular family either, safe to say?
Not enough for Emile's disappearance in any case..

The fire was in 2019. Émile is 2 years old. How would he even remember that house? He wasn't born yet.
lol yes, it was very late here when I wrote that so I didn't think it through. I guess I meant perhaps they all made regular walks to the site itself after it burnt down, but of course Emile wouldn't factor into that :)

An SCI (Société Civile Immobilière) is a legal non-profit company or a civil society specially created to own real estate. This type of company allows members of the same family or a group of people to become owners in different or equal shares and to manage one or more properties together. This form of company is perfectly adapted for those who are thinking of transferring their inheritance in a progressive way.
-.-.-
Your source above:
In 1967, a gang of young people bought almost the entire village. Four friends, who find here with wife and children their little corner of paradise. Among them: Emile's maternal great-grandfather. They study medicine in Marseille and regularly drive two hours to come and spend weekends and holidays in this haven of peace. The few ruins, bought with a pittance, quickly become their brand new second homes. They are fixing up their new homes themselves, and together found a civil real estate company (SCI). They even planted the flag of the kingdom of Patagonia on their land.
-.-.-

I don't know, what to think atm, but I stumbled over this SCI .... Maybe, the more smart members have an idea, how the SCI might be tied into the whole event (or not at all)??

It's so beautiful! Not for a two year old to be left unsupervised though...I know in Europe, esp in a small village like this, it feels super safe. When I was three or four in the summer on our dacha I was sent by myself to buy bread and come back (5-8 min on bike)

Last edited:
What is the family’s connection to Patagonia, anyone? Have I missed this information?
No, you haven't missed anything. The family has no connection to Patagonia except as a symbol. Flying the flag of the "Kingdom of Patagonia" is used by the far right in France in a symbolic way. There is not much information readily available online, but here is what I have pieced together. In the mid-1800s a French adventurer declared himself King of Araucania and Patagonia but the Kingdom was never a diplomatically recognized state. The indigineous Mapuche peoples in Patagonia opposed to colonial rule went along with the adventurer's claim; the speculation I read is they may have believed having a European as the head of the state could help them regain autonomy, that the colonial powers might accept an independent state with a European as king.

The families who were renovating Boulard into their summer paradise in the 1970s flew the flag of the Kingdom of Patagonia over the hamlet. That's the reason Patagonia comes up in articles about Emile's disappearance. French novelist Jean Raspail declared himself consul of the Kingdom of Patagonia. In the 1990s, Raspail and a few others twice attacked a deserted island called Les Minquiers, which is south of Jersey and under British control. He took down the Union Jack and hoisted the flag of the Kingdom of Patagonia.

The families summering in Boulard flew that flag of Patagonia as a declaration of their shared worldview. Raspail's 1973 novel "The Camp of Saints" depicts France and the West being overrun by hordes of non-Europeans. It is called "the racist anti-immigrant bible of the extreme right" in the article above; Raspail came to be considered the Prophet of far right extremism. The homage to Raspail in flying the flag over their summer sanctuary indicates support for extremist action and opposition to democracy and a rigid, patriarchal family life.

From the very limited information we have access to, the family's rigid beliefs and actions re democracy or immigration may not be as relevant to Emile's disappearance (although authorities are investigating all avenues) as what it suggests about their views on childrearing and strict discipline. That's my opinion. I fear that a little boy escaping out the gate on his first afternoon with his grandparents may have needed to "learn a lesson" on disobedience. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1