Found Deceased France - Émile S., 2, outside grandparent’s house, Le Vernet, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, 8 July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no mountain lions in whole Europe, let alone in France, as these cats live only in both Americas. As for big carnivores that actually live in this area, there are wolves (who rarely, if ever, attack humans) and euroasian lynxes (who tend to keep away from human settlements). No bears in these parts.
Yeah, I could only think about lynx but they don't even approach people as far as I know.

There are no mountain lions in whole Europe, let alone in France, as these cats live only in both Americas. As for big carnivores that actually live in this area, there are wolves (who rarely, if ever, attack humans) and euroasian lynxes (who tend to keep away from human settlements). No bears in these parts.
Truth!
The French will not wear the infamous now 'Mountain lion defence!

more nothingness.
It's alarming that authorities appear to have no clues at all or the mayor would not have spoken as he did in the above posts linked today..

Everybody local in such a small population will know the crazies and it is likely the known crazies have been extensively interviewed based upon the reported resources poured into this investigation.

.... then there are the untouchables again (we don't know, who it would be).

Despite a major raking of the land, with "97 hectares of fields, woods or steep terrain carefully scrutinized" according to the prosecutor of Digne-les-Bains Rémy Avon, no trace of the child could be identified. The reinforcement of a canine brigade and drones to crisscross a wider area around the town did not help to elucidate the mystery of this disappearance either.

97 hectares is 239 acres, or 0.36 square miles. This is not a large area. Other missing 2yr olds have been found 2 miles (3kms) from their homes.

They might be underestimating how far a 2yr old can walk. A 2 yr old could have walked 5-10 times further than they searched.

97 hectares is 239 acres, or 0.36 square miles. This is not a large area. Other missing 2yr olds have been found 2 miles (3kms) from their homes.

They might be underestimating how far a 2yr old can walk. A 2 yr old could have walked 5-10 times further than they searched.
I know... they keep repeating that 97 hectares figure like it encompasses a region 5 miles x 5 miles square. It does not! I'd like to think they've now searched so much further out. I mean, an acre of grass could be searched by a few people in a few hours, a bit longer for woods. They had 800 searching at one point...

I don't think they underestimate anything here, considering the terrain (really rough) and the weather (at the time Emile vanished the temperature reached 34C (93F). No toddler would manage to go very far in this heat.

In order to escape so far, that he could no longer be found after a relatively short time, little E should actually have run fast. But what little child runs for miles for no reason and manages to do so in the high temperatures? If little E was to be found later, somewhere far away, then he would have been taken there, from whoever, IMO.
This case I didn't understand at the time and didn't believe the accuracy of the outcome:

Noah C wasn't actually found that far out from the original search zone. A member of LE doing final searches outside of the zone found him. It's believable, IMO.
People don't realize how far those who go missing in a wooded area can travel. I'm really not sure how relevant age is to how far someone can go, as long as the person can run around. Noah's case shows that, IMO.

Noah C wasn't actually found that far out from the original search zone. A member of LE doing final searches outside of the zone found him. It's believable, IMO.
People don't realize how far those who go missing in a wooded area can travel. I'm really not sure how relevant age is to how far someone can go, as long as the person can run around. Noah's case shows that, IMO.
I remember, Noah was found very near the boundaries of the search area on a clearing. Suddenly he lay there; though before he wasn't seen and found. To me it seemed suspect. - But the case is completed now. Finito.

Anything new? Is there any person familiar to the family and village who would have wanted to take the child? (Woman who recently lost or can't have children for example)

Anything new? Is there any person familiar to the family and village who would have wanted to take the child? (Woman who recently lost or can't have children for example)
Nothing I can find.
But the place has been locked down for such a long long time and everybody was interviewed more than once and by different teams of investigators.. and that's just the people living there and any visitors at the time. Pretty sure family would have been subjected to similar questioning.

It's completely bizarre. And it's a case I'm deeply reluctant to speculate upon.

I'm quietly relieved it's not a media circus and a u tube sensation and families and loved ones hung from every rafter in town.
Maybe it makes me respect the process more.

If they have information, they're certainly not sharing it.

Trouble is I don't have the faintest idea whether they do or not.

Nothing I can find.
But the place has been locked down for such a long long time and everybody was interviewed more than once and by different teams of investigators.. and that's just the people living there and any visitors at the time. Pretty sure family would have been subjected to similar questioning.

It's completely bizarre. And it's a case I'm deeply reluctant to speculate upon.

I'm quietly relieved it's not a media circus and a u tube sensation and families and loved ones hung from every rafter in town.
Maybe it makes me respect the process more.

If they have information, they're certainly not sharing it.

Trouble is I don't have the faintest idea whether they do or not.
On the other hand, Elizabeth Smart was identified because of the media frenzy surrounding her disappearance, so it can lead to a positive outcome.

Disparition d’Emile : une cabane non loin du Vernet pourrait être au coeur de l’affaire New information concerning the testimony of the 2 people who would have seen Émile on Saturday afternoon.

The two witnesses have a priori a slightly different version, one would have seen Emile go down towards the center of Haut-Vernet, but the other, a teenager, remembers having seen him go up. The version of the teenager is considered more reliable, the other witness having given erroneous or imprecise indications. If the little boy climbed to the heights of the path, this could corroborate the theory that the toddler wanted to reach the cabin. At present, no lead is favored by the investigators, nor completely abandoned. Only further investigation will shed light on this matter.

Disparition d’Emile : une cabane non loin du Vernet pourrait être au coeur de l’affaire New information concerning the testimony of the 2 people who would have seen Émile on Saturday afternoon.

“If the little boy climbed to the heights of the path, this could corroborate the theory that the toddler wanted to reach the cabin.”
This is the first I‘ve seen a Cabin mentioned, though maybe it was discussed and I missed it. Anyone have any more info on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist