Found Deceased France - Émile S., 2, outside grandparent’s house, Le Vernet, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, 8 July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the photographs of little Emile that our Dotr posted up thread, I'm in awe of the all-knowing appearance of his eyes.
I imagine this child evoking fear and/or resentment in a less aware being.
To me this sweet boy's eyes look like he is often suppressed in some way. A little suspicious, a little afraid, a little inhibited. MOO

Might someone have discovered him off on his own and exacted corporal punishment?

Such a sweet little boy, I hope with fervor he never felt pain at the hand of another. But he's 2 and he's missing. It's not likely he's been off playing with fireflies and forest faeries this whole time...

Jmo

I haven't checked in on this case in a while. I'm surprised there has been no developments (made publicly anyway)...hmmmm the play hut is interesting because it's certainly what a toddler would enjoy. He could easily have wandered in its direction and even gone the wrong way or tried to cross difficult terrain. I guess it gives Emilie a potential motive to run off. As for the disciplinarian grandfather, while I am suspicious of him, I still think the fact he is slightly aggressive fits the runaway theory; because Emile might have been a bit scared of him which is another potential motive to run away.

The cadaver dogs searched the area again, so my guesses are either

A). He wandered much further and in a direction which seems unlikely
B). He didn't leave that street he was last seen on alive

The little 3 yo, who disappeared 34 years ago in the same area, had played like little Emile:

On that particular day in Ganagobie, Alpes de Haute-Provence, 3-year-old Yanni’s More had fun constructing a home with his siblings (3 brothers).

The little 3 yo, who disappeared 34 years ago in the same area, had played like little Emile:

On that particular day in Ganagobie, Alpes de Haute-Provence, 3-year-old Yanni’s More had fun constructing a home with his siblings (3 brothers).

Whoa

Eine frische Betonplatte und ein toter Verdächtiger: Polizei geht neuen Spuren im Fall Émile (2) nach​

A fresh concrete slab and a dead suspect: the police are following new leads in the Émile (2) case

GOOGLE translation

Aug 15, 2023 @ 8:31am

As if swallowed from the ground!

A month ago (8 July), 2-year-old Émile disappeared from his grandparents' garden in tranquil Le Vernet. Despite a large-scale search, little has been found so far. Now the French investigators are following two new clues.

Police roll over sheepfold
There is little that has come out of the investigation so far. The police should be able to do their job in peace. But now there are two new clues. Near the village of Le Vernet, investigators take a closer look at a stable - even going so far as to tear up the ground. The officers have a concrete slab in their sights. At the same time as Émile's disappearance, it is said to have been recast.

Also read: Already Yannis (3) disappeared under similar circumstances as missing Émile (2)

Suspect man also perpetrator in another case?
The trail turns out to be a dead end: there is only a piece of Styrofoam under the destroyed plate that was forgotten during the work there. No sign of the 2 year old.

It is unclear whether the boy could have been a victim of sexual abuse. However, the investigators do not seem to rule out this suspicion completely. A second new lead points to a man who is already accused of sexually abusing a minor in another case. But a few days later the man is dead.

Telephone tracking brings certainty
It is a tragic incident: the suspected man takes his own life in his parents' house. He lived not far from Émile's grandparents in a neighboring village. In order to check the connection between the death and the disappearance of the 2-year-old, the investigators evaluate the man's cell phone.

It turns out: "His phone was a long way from Vernet at the time of the disappearance," explains the police. And a judge also confirms that these two cases have nothing to do with each other. Despite these setbacks, investigators continue to evaluate clues and interviews.

And the desperate search for Emile continues...(okr)

Noah C wasn't actually found that far out from the original search zone. A member of LE doing final searches outside of the zone found him. It's believable, IMO.
People don't realize how far those who go missing in a wooded area can travel. I'm really not sure how relevant age is to how far someone can go, as long as the person can run around. Noah's case shows that, IMO.
Most 2yos couldn’t walk, say, 5km.

But their mobility/fitness varies a fair bit at that sort of age.

Average range for learning to walk is normally given as 9 months to 19 months, so some 2yos could have been walking for 5 months, some for 18 months.
(They all get a lot more even by 3 or 4yo).

A 100ha area is only 1km x 1km square. If centred on the house means he’d only have to walk 500m to be out of the search zone. Crazily small. Many many 2yos can walk that distance comfortably. They need to extend the search zone. Understandable that costs $$$ but what are the other options ?

"I am convinced that dead or alive, he is no longer here..."

"There are no wells here. Émile did not evaporate, it is not possible. I am convinced that dead or alive, he is no longer here. I participated in all the research, We would have found him if he was still at Vernet. I am convinced that dead or alive, he was moved by an adult..." François Balique told the Belgian site SudInfo .

"This change in the legal framework did not occur in response to a particular advance in the investigation which directed us more particularly towards a criminal hypothesis. It simply allows the investigating magistrates and the investigation services to carry out investigative acts that the initial framework did not allow” , insisted to the daily Jean-Luc Blachon, public prosecutor of Aix-en-Provence.

Police are said to have searched freezers in houses
The search for Emile continues. In the past few weeks, police officers are said to have inspected the freezers in houses, as residents reported to the television station. "First they searched my house and opened the freezer. But they don't care about me because I don't have a car," said the neighbor, who lives right behind the house of the missing boy's family, according to BFMTV. "The investigations are continuing," said the responsible public prosecutor in Aix-en-Provence on Monday. However, there are no new findings, it said.

Google translation!

Little Émile , the two-year-old boy who disappeared on July 8 , a month and a half ago, in the town of Le Haut Vernet , in the Alpes-de-Haute-Provence department, keeps all of France in suspense. The authorities had carried out investigations to clarify how his trail could have been lost, but the prosecutor attached to the case, Emmanuel Merlin, has raised the level of the investigations with a complementary accusation and the process is already being treated as a criminal investigation for "arrest and kidnapping arbitrary action of a minor". This decision has not been produced by the contribution of new evidence, but by the advance of time. Decisions may be made that the initial framework did not allow, such as provisional arrests.

Earlier this month, a Facebook support group , called 'Where are you, sweetheart Émile?', which numbered more than 1,500 and served as a space for 'venting' , has been removed by its creator -neighbor of Le Haut Vernet, Dauphiné Libéré- after the publication of hate messages .

But an expert wanted to talk about this matter and assures that "the fewer details" they reveal, "the more difficult it will be for the alleged kidnapper to adapt his behavior." This strategy chosen by the parents is not "illogical", since it can even " advance the investigation ".

"I am convinced that dead or alive, he is no longer here..."

"There are no wells here. Émile did not evaporate, it is not possible. I am convinced that dead or alive, he is no longer here. I participated in all the research, We would have found him if he was still at Vernet. I am convinced that dead or alive, he was moved by an adult..." François Balique told the Belgian site SudInfo .

"This change in the legal framework did not occur in response to a particular advance in the investigation which directed us more particularly towards a criminal hypothesis. It simply allows the investigating magistrates and the investigation services to carry out investigative acts that the initial framework did not allow” , insisted to the daily Jean-Luc Blachon, public prosecutor of Aix-en-Provence.

Interesting statement that there are no wells. Are they truly on public water? Or do they get water delivered to homes, stored in tanks.

What about septic tanks? Or a "public" sewer system? I've read that some villages have a "public" sewer that drains it all toward one central location nearby. Not like our public sewer systems in the US that take it miles away, but to an area within a half mile or so.

Surely those were checked, I hope... ?

It is 5:15 p.m. in the heights of the village of Vernet. In this part of the hamlet, just about twenty houses. Almost no cars pass, because the road ends in a dead end in the direction of the mountainous paths. Everyone knows each other, and even vacationers, like Emile's family, are regulars. The boy's grandfather bought the house where they spend their summers more than 20 years ago . It is for this reason that when they see the little blond head of Emile, 2 and a half years old, frolicking in one of the streets of the village, a pensioner in his sixties and a 16-year-old teenager are not worried. not excessively. The children are often outside, and a priori, there is no risk.Except that on that day a drama unfolds: Emile will never be seen again.

. They attest, first of all, that Emile did come out of his grandparents' house , no doubt taking advantage of a moment of inattention. But where they could have been all the more important was to give an idea of the direction in which the toddler was walking. And that's where the bottom hurts.In fact, there are two opposing versions. The retiree is formal: Emile was going down towards the center of the town. The teenager, he assures him, the little boy was climbing towards the heights, in the direction of the steep paths. But who to believe? Investigators lean more towards one of two options.

it's mere speculation

“This family is above all a victim”

François Balique was exasperated with Ouest France . "This family is first and foremost a victim. And the fact that they are believers or have such a political opinion has nothing to do with the case!" , he banged his fist on the table. The elected official also responded to the criticisms expressed around his decision to prohibit access to Haut-Vernet to anyone outside the municipality.

"We talked about omerta, that I wanted to protect the family. But I just want to preserve the tranquility of these people, that of the inhabitants too and defend the image of the town", defended the one who delivered a clear opinion on the disappearance of little Emile . For him, there is no doubt that the child, who escaped the supervision of his grandparents, was the target of an adult...

Dogs tracked his scent to the fountain, or lavoir, downhill from his grandparents' house. And then, where did the little boy go? One possibility leads to a cabin that fascinated him, located uphill from his grandparents' house.

Video / map shows where the "cabane" is located:

Screenshot_20230826_112340_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20230826_112117_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Dogs tracked his scent to the fountain, or lavoir, downhill from his grandparents' house. And then, where did the little boy go? One possibility leads to a cabin that fascinated him, located uphill from his grandparents' house.

Video / map shows where the "cabane" is located:

View attachment 443068View attachment 443069

He could have gone anywhere at all as two and a half year olds tend to go.

However the searches started fast, very fast and they seemed to be very thorough and well equipped, according to all open source information we have received.
Not a trace of him was found.
Nothing.

I'm veering strongly now towards consideration of whether he was indeed kidnapped/stolen/taken/snatched.

if every single person was searching on foot, which they would have been initially it's possible a vehicle passed through or close while unnoticed.

Maybe E was going both up and down the hill when he was apparently seen by witnesses?
If going down a hill, it is easy for a toddler to topple over and provide an unexpected opportunity for someone to help by offering a band-aid for a scaped knee and so on.. imo, speculation, fwiw.

"Your toddler might be happy challenging themselves walking up and down over and over again, you could challenge your child to try going up the hill in different ways.''

The fountain is only 50 meters away (downhill) from the grandparents' house.

Maybe he did go back and forth (up and down) at some point, but ended up at the fountain last.

I think he was picked up at the fountain somehow, probably in a car.

<moo>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member