VA - Boy, 6, in custody after shooting teacher, Newport News, Jan 2023 *mom charged* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
After reading the GJ report....40 million is no where near what Abby deserves.

They need to save themselves a million or more in attorney fees and go ahead and write the check. But, NOPE these folks still don't see the wrongs they committed and are convinced they will win in the court of law. I'm sure we will seen more dirty laundry exposed.

I'm sure there is more to come, if this actually goes to trial.

Moo ...

One of Zwerner's attorneys, James Toscano, told 13News Now that the hearing is centered on when this civil lawsuit can head to trial. Toscano said they want to move forward as planned, as a jury trial is currently scheduled for January 2025. But he said the defense wants to slow down until after the criminal trial of former Richneck Elementary School Assistant Principal Ebony Parker, which is slated for February.

Parker is facing eight counts of child abuse with disregard for life. Zwerner's attorneys say Parker disregarded teachers on at least three separate occasions that a 6-year-old boy brought a gun to school, and that the child later shot Zwerner in her classroom with that gun.
The judge will have to decide whether or not to stay the discovery process, because of Parker's ongoing criminal proceedings.

The article above indicates the child brought a gun THREE separate times! I did not realize that.

*My opinions.
Parker is facing eight counts of child abuse with disregard for life. Zwerner's attorneys say Parker disregarded teachers on at least three separate occasions that a 6-year-old boy brought a gun to school, and that the child later shot Zwerner in her classroom with that gun.

Seriously. I would never be chosen to be on this jury, having worked at a school as a teacher. The fail on every single level here...to protect other children, and employees.

The buck stops with the highest level administrator who was in charge at this school...who, it appears to me, broke several laws in regards to this particular student. Not the least of which is OSHA. Teachers have a right to work in a safe environment. #fail here on that one.

I believe the sentence means that on three separate and distinct occasions THAT day Parker disregarded and failed to act when teachers expressed concerns about a possible gun in the child's possession.

NOT that on three separate and distinct occasions the child caried agun to school. JMO

I believe the sentence means that on three separate and distinct occasions THAT day Parker disregarded and failed to act when teachers expressed concerns about a possible gun in the child's possession.

NOT that on three separate and distinct occasions the child caried agun to school. JMO

OK, makes more sense but still 3 separate times or three times that day why didn't she investigate?

She was told on three occasions that day that they suspected the child of carrying a gun and she refused to engage with the matter each time.

The question why she did not investigate is one that we can only speculate on.

And, the last I read, the woman who was principal of this elementary school (at the time of the shooting) remains employed by NNPS.

I suppose everyone involved in the operation of this school are claiming they were totally clueless?!

jmo
She was in meetings and was never told about the gun. I still can't fathom sitting around after being told this. Can you imagine how on edge the staff was and the horror they suffered along with those kids.

And the school want sher to accept measly workman comp payments! Shameful.

And Parker ought to just plead guilty. She knows she was wrong.IMO

She was in meetings and was never told about the gun. I still can't fathom sitting around after being told this. Can you imagine how on edge the staff was and the horror they suffered along with those kids.

And the school want sher to accept measly workman comp payments! Shameful.

And Parker ought to just plead guilty. She knows she was wrong.IMO

I have taught but if I was a teacher under these perilous conditions and was ignored by the assistant principal, I would interrupt the principal's meeting she was in. I would also, before anything else, search the kid's desk, coat, coat room, bathroom, backpack, etc.... I assume Zwerner did this.

Parker should plead guilty because she would get a plea deal in exchange for her guilty plea. Plea deals are just that, deals, you give me something and I give you something. Can be:

1.) Dropping some charges
2.) Down grading charges
3.) Sentencing negotiations for no time behind bars or minimal time behind bsrs
4.) Keep felonies off the defendant 's record
5.) Diversion program for 1st time offenders and then your charges are dismissed

Usually it is a combination of these.

2 Cents

Umm, no matter what "meeting" you are in, a student with a gun on campus, is definitely a reason to leave the meeting. Or was there another administrator who was in charge when this administrator was in a "meeting"? Someone actually is always supposed to be the person for delegation if primary supervisor is unavailable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back