Found Safe France - Diary Sow, 20, Senegalese student missing after Xmas holidays, Paris, 4 January 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Senegalese-student-diary-sow-678x381.jpg

Diary Sow, “Senegal’s best student” reported missing in France – Medafrica Times

Sounds like a voluntary disappearance then if they've got her on camera and she's taken possessions with her.

It sounds like this young woman has been under a hell of a lot of pressure for a long time.

The article says they are not worried that it is anything criminal... but I can’t help but think that she is coming from Africa to Paris... Paris is beautiful and very enticing. She could have fallen into the clutches of someone who convinced her to follow him/her instead of school and it may not turn out as she expects. She may be intelligent, but I don’t know how street smart she is for Paris.

Disparition : Diary Sow «est vivante et va bien»

Diary Sow, a Senegalese student who has been missing since January 4, is said to be alive and well, according to a close friend who confided in Le Parisien. The investigators' thesis of a voluntary act would appear to be confirmed.

Under cover of anonymity, the person, who is said to be very close to the young woman, asserts that "Diary is alive". She stated that the young woman had requested that "she be left alone, that people stop talking about her". According to this testimony, she needs time to make her choices and come back if she feels like it. "One thing is certain, she will explain herself one day or another, tomorrow, in a month or a year," her friend says.

This supports the theory of voluntary disappearance, which has been put forward by the investigators for some time.

BBM

Do the investigators need to talk to her before the close the case?

Yes, I would think that an anonymous source saying Diary is fine and to leave her alone wouldn't be particularly convincing. An abductor or any sort of manipulative character could say that under the cloak of anonymity. I also wonder when those google searches were made about the laws surrounding disappearing in France. Were they searches spread out over time or was it just one prolonged search? If the latter, if could have been someone else who had been in her apartment throwing in a red herring.

Yes, it's most likely she has left voluntarily, but I would not be able to relax until I knew it was verified that Diary herself confirmed she had left of her own volition and she had a safe place to stay. Someone has to be helping her?

Diary Sow: Talented Senegal student 'sorry' after disappearing in France

A gifted Senegalese student and novelist who was reported missing in France has said she was on "a little break to regain her senses" in a letter shared with a government minister.

Senegalese government minister's Twitter thread detailing his exchange with Diary Sow:

https://twitter.com/smthiam/status/1352368863783038978

We finally have some good news from #DiarySow. In a letter she sent me, followed by several exchanges in recent days, she breaks the silence for the first time. With her agreement and the authorization of her family, below are some extracts from her letter.

Last edited:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...c3c436-6485-11eb-bab8-707f8769d785_story.html

For nearly a month, people around the world have waited to hear Diary Sow speak.

Typed statements on her behalf from diplomats and government figures have roused doubts on social media: Was the Senegalese student truly back after vanishing from her elite preparatory school in Paris? Or did someone else write the words proclaiming her safe return?

Early Monday, followers of this four-week saga — the international investigation, the search parties, the family pleading for answers — got their wish: Sow, 20, recorded a three-minute video for her some 32,000 Instagram followers.

She was promoting her new novel about a girl who ran away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic
Back