France - Explosions and shooting in Paris, 13 November 2015 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eiffel Tower blacked out in honor of the deceased...........I don't know if I buy that...........could be so planes can't see target??? JMOO

I worked in a job during 9/11 and the long aftermath that afforded me the privilege of being in contact with folks around the world.

To a person, speaking to me from more countries than I could keep track of, the message was identical- how horrible. We are in shock for you. We grieve with you.

Not once did I hear- well, that's what happens when you let Muslims fly into your country, or, blame it on your president or representives or policies or excessive freedoms.

How many people have to be murdered in a terrorist attack abroad for Americans to have the good grace to simply express horror and sympathy, at least on the night of these massacres?

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your words. I nominate this for post of the year! Beautifully expressed!

<modsnip>

Yes it is.

Terrorists slaughter at least 118 in Paris music hall, 40 others in separate attacks

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/11/13/french-police-report-shootout-and-explosion-in-paris/

Terrorists wielding AK-47s and hurling explosives executed at least 118 people inside a Paris concert hall late Friday night, in a massacre that followed coordinated attacks that killed at least 40 more people, rocking the French capital -- prompting President Francois Hollande to close the entire nation's borders and order a state of emergency.

The victims had gathered to see the American rock band Eagles of Death Metal, and a handful managed to escape to tell of the horror taking place inside where the killers shouted "This is for Syria!" and "Alahu Akhbar!" as they cut down patrons from a balcony before the band took the stage.

bbm

necn &#8207;@NECN [video=twitter;665362979001663488]https://twitter.com/NECN/status/665362979001663488[/video]
NEW: U.S. band member among at least 100 dead at Paris concert hall. http://www.necn.com/news/national-international/Hostages-Eagles-of-Death-Metal-Paris-Concert-347921681.html &#8230;

I worked in a job during 9/11 and the long aftermath that afforded me the privilege of being in contact with folks around the world.

To a person, speaking to me from more countries than I could keep track of, the message was identical- how horrible. We are in shock for you. We grieve with you.

Not once did I hear- well, that's what happens when you let Muslims fly into your country, or, blame it on your president or representives or policies or excessive freedoms.

How many people have to be murdered in a terrorist attack abroad for Americans to have the good grace to simply express horror and sympathy, at least on the night of these massacres?

Because some of us want action not memorials.A ribbon worn on a shirt does nothing and I am tired of nothing being done.I am not sad,I am angry now.I used to believe in peace and love well that is nice and all but means nothing when it comes to reality.

Some images for reference, sorry if already posted:

attachment.php

Shootings and Hostages
Taken at Concert Hall

The most deaths appear to have occurred at The Bataclan, a popular concert venue. At approximately 9:30 p.m., several armed individuals entered and began shooting for about 10 minutes. At around 10 p.m., the gunmen began taking hostages. French media quoted officials saying that about 100 people were killed here

attachment.php

Shooting at Restaurant

The police said that shootings occurred in a crowded Cambodian restaurant in the 10th Arrondissement.

attachment.php

Another Restaurant Shooting

Gunmen aimed at a bar at the corner of Rue de Charonne and Rue Faidherbe, killing about a dozen, according to French television.

attachment.php

Explosions Outside a Bar Near Stadium

At least two explosions were heard outside the Stade de France, the country&#8217;s main sports stadium during a France-Germany soccer match.

Source: The New York Times

God rest their souls, this is so sad..........innocent lives taken..................

necn &#8207;@NECN [video=twitter;665362979001663488]https://twitter.com/NECN/status/665362979001663488[/video]
NEW: U.S. band member among at least 100 dead at Paris concert hall. http://www.necn.com/news/national-international/Hostages-Eagles-of-Death-Metal-Paris-Concert-347921681.html &#8230;

Band members who had made the trip to Europe included front man Jesse Hughes, guitarist Dave Catching (of Mark Lanegan Band and Tex & the Horseheads), bassist Matt McJunkins, guitarist Eden Galindo and drummer Julio Dorio, according to the band&#8217;s Facebook page.

http://www.latimes.com/world/europe...show-at-bataclan-in-paris-20151113-story.html

The sold-out show was part of the Eagles of Death Metal European tour. Although band members made it out safely other members of the crew did not.

Yes heard on the way home that they had not started to play, so looks like they made it but some did not. It had to be a sad situation, I can not image. jmo idk

The French intelligence did not see this coming...........Dateline

That's what I've been hearing on Australian TV all morning too, from various terrorism experts. The general consensus has been that this was a sophisticated attack because it was coordinated but under the radar. I dunno know if I agree, but hey, what would I know!!

Witnesses are clearly shell shocked.
A concert goer is describing what she heard now - bang, bang, bang, over and over again.
She didn't know what the bang, bang was but finally knew it was time to get out. They went to the safety exit. There were stairs before reaching the street so it was difficult to know if it was safe to continue to go outside.

Band members who had made the trip to Europe included front man Jesse Hughes, guitarist Dave Catching (of Mark Lanegan Band and Tex & the Horseheads), bassist Matt McJunkins, guitarist Eden Galindo and drummer Julio Dorio, according to the band&#8217;s Facebook page.

http://www.latimes.com/world/europe...show-at-bataclan-in-paris-20151113-story.html

The sold-out show was part of the Eagles of Death Metal European tour. Although band members made it out safely other members of the crew did not.

Yes heard on the way home that they had not started to play, so looks like they made it but some did not. It had to be a sad situation, I can not image. jmo idk

The bands manager just confirmed all the Band members are alive.

The tower lights are turned off every night at 1am (2am in Summer), so has nothing to do with the attack

That's what I've been hearing on Australian TV all morning too, from various terrorism experts. The general consensus has been that this was a sophisticated attack because it was coordinated but under the radar. I dunno know if I agree, but hey, what would I know!!

Honestly, I think they want us to think they can protect us, but in all reality they are at a loss. It seems to be out of their"the powers that be" hands with the lone wolf's, so to speak. jmo idk

Screenshot 2015-11-13 at 10.26.17 PM.jpg

Screenshot 2015-11-13 at 10.26.31 PM.jpg

http://www.france24.com/en/

US and French Presidents have spoken.

Now, saying six sights. 50 to 60 patients, 20 severely injured, life in danger, at Pompidou Hospital . 'We tried to care save some... it was an awful time." The White Plan implemented, many medical staff showed up. It's not finished.' Doc has no comparison to this and he had worked in war zones.

Screenshot 2015-11-13 at 10.51.07 PM.jpg

http://www.lemonde.fr/

with live updates and images

I am a season subcriber - broadway. As we get into nuance, eyewitness,I just cannot imagine , 20 minutes into show, and two people are standing on stage killing people in rows ahead of me.

I just cant imagine - it is so aeful guys ....................

Honestly, I think they want us to think they can protect us, but in all reality they are at a loss. It seems to be out of their"the powers that be" hands with the lone wolf's, so to speak. jmo idk

I think that if anyone thinks "the powers that be" can possibly prevent any and all attack, they are kidding themselves. But sophisticated? I really don't know. Seems to be setting a low standard to me. I have been pondering for a while now, why don't people planning these attacks do it "off the grid". In Australia there have been a number of very public thwarted attacks because it was detected on social media, mostly by very dumb sounding teenagers. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that you have to get off the internet and the phone. I think this might possibly start a new trend in planning terror attacks. Ugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState