France - Explosions and shooting in Paris, 13 November 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

Now a fire has started in a refugee city...possibly in retribution. Sounds like mob justice. I really don't think these people who walked for miles and miles to get away from the fundamentalists are now suddenly organized and attacking the country they just arrived in. smh. fueling hatred is not the solution.

What the heck happened to humanity?

ETA: Thank you bessie.

Grasswire Now &#8207;@GrasswireNow 7 min.

#BREAKING: Four attackers dead in Bataclan hostage situation. Three detonated suicide bombs, police tell BFM-TV.

BBM

Gunmen and bombers have attacked seven locations including the restaurant, a bar and a shopping centre.

5 hostage takers at Bataclan Centre held approx 1000 people hostage. Killed 120 in cold blood; simply opened fire. Military stormed building and liberated around 900 people when shooting started; 10% of hostages killed.

Metro closed. Borders closed. Streets empty of non-military and emergency personnel. All public venues closed.

Attacks probably planned off-grid, ie; no mobile phone, digital communication.

BBC News (UK) and ABC News 24 (Australia) seem to have sensible, well rounded news and analysis.

ok so,,,stadium murders ...ok so you two are ready to die check, ok so you guys are gonna go to the restarant shoot some pe4ople but not really in the mood ot die, so you guys are ready to set off explsoves in the stadium , great, so are you all ready to go keep some folks hostages yep
As the restaurant shootings and the theatre hostage taking were close to each others in a straight line, it's possible that it was the same people who were involved in these attacks.

as we settle -- it is amazing at both the concert and the football game there was a lot of time (makes sense) before anyone knew anything. Everything proceeded.

In both settigns it was not what was going on around them it was cell phones, texts, "are you ok" where those that were in both venues realized run - get out - something going on ......

apparently it was not a "sudden" thing , and stuff continued , and slowly everyone in these big collective places, realized bad bad bad

amazing ............

huh? A grenade probably.
A dead person who was found dismembered (outside the restaurant I think) was one of the terrorists.

How do you blow yourself up using nails?

You put them in the bomb you strap on to your chest.

My prayers are with everyone affected by this shocking terrorist attack in Paris. It may not have been perfect, but the world was a better place when I was young.

We don't as yet know who these killers are/were, but I really don't understand why any countries allow their citizens to return if they've been fighting with the enemies in the Middle East.

My prayers are with everyone affected by this shocking terrorist attack in Paris. It may not have been perfect, but the world was a better place when I was young.

We don't as yet know who these killers are/were, but I really don't understand why any countries allow their citizens to return if they've been fighting with the enemies in the Middle East.

Per CNN:

US State Department wants to account for ALL Americans in Paris. Please call ASAP at 001-202-501-4444.

If you are in the US and are concerned about a relative in Paris, call 888-407-4747.

It's time to restrict internet usage. They allowed the internet to do too much damage. Especially since you can join others via internet with the purpose of causing harm.

Jmo

It's never the time to restrict freedom of expression.

I know it's early in the investigation, I am not blaming the victims.
This had to take some time?

<modsnip>

I do hope that we hear stories of bravery from the survivors.

I'm sure shock and disbelief factor into this situation.

If the media is to be believed, 90% of the concert goers escaped. 10% were systematically executed.

<modsnip>

Just so sad that so many young lives were killed.

Another wake up call to the world. It will happen again. Not IF, but When.

<modsnip>

Thanks for reading

The three attackers went in wearing suicide belts. This would be new for the France. France will be looking for measures, and quickly.

All attacker have been killed, these believed to be the same attackers who then raided the concert hall. No more being looked for, not yet confirmed though.

Pres. asked all health workers Paris to go to work and help at the hospitals. State Em will also include mental health counselling available at the hospitals.

http://www.france24.com/en/20151113-several-simultaneous-shootings-paris-casualties-reported

The front of the concert hall now, and other locations:

The Bataclan.jpg

Screenshot 2015-11-13 at 9.30.04 PM.jpg

Screenshot 2015-11-13 at 9.29.58 PM.jpg

Screenshot 2015-11-13 at 9.30.34 PM.jpg

Screenshot 2015-11-13 at 9.46.12 PM.jpg

It's time to restrict internet usage. They allowed the internet to do too much damage. Especially since you can join others via internet with the purpose of causing harm.

Jmo

Long over due, it can be done in certain area's of our existence and should be for our well being. jmo The powers that be can stop it if they want. jmo idk

Waiting for the response on this as well. It will be interesting. jmo idk

Shocking, isn't it? Most of the people at the concert were youngsters having a good time. Now over 140 families will learn their loved ones are gone. Just awful awful awful. Hard to believe France has had two major attacks in the same year.

Shocking, isn't it? Most of the people at the concert were youngsters having a good time. Now over 140 families will learn their loved ones are gone. Just awful awful awful. Hard to believe France has had two major attacks in the same year.

<modsnip>

I do hope that we hear stories of bravery from the survivors.

I'm sure shock and disbelief factor into this situation.

If the media is to be believed, 90% of the concert goers escaped. 10% were systematically executed.

<modsnip>
They had explosives and/or suicide vests, so I can imagine people not wanting to move a muscle for fear of ending up getting everybody else killed. It's horrific to have to even think about whether to make the choice to be brave or not.

God, this has been such a terrible day. It feels like 9/11 all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson