GUILTY France - Fiona Chafoulais, 5, Clermont-Ferrand, 12 May 2013 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mmmmm. We can't paraphrase fb or anything, so I can't translate it, even if I could, if you know what I mean. But I think it's worth looking at if you can understand a little french...

The translator isn't working again :banghead:

But there are many photos and lots of links - looks like they have at least a sort of time line on the case. I like the balloon too.
I hope the Police are still onto this.
I wonder if Cecille has had her baby yet...

There don't seem to be any articles, and I would have thought media would report the birth.

The impending birth worries me to be honest. Cecile and her partner didn't seem to cope very well the last time they had two children in their care.

I think Mom has requested all fb pages and groups for Fiona be shut down.......??

There don't seem to be any articles, and I would have thought media would report the birth.

The impending birth worries me to be honest. Cecile and her partner didn't seem to cope very well the last time they had two children in their care.

I think Mom has requested all fb pages and groups for Fiona be shut down.......??

Where was the request? In the media? Can she do that?
Who is looking for this little girl?
Why would she want them shut down when they are keeping Fiona's face in peoples memory.
Its sounds as if she doesn't want Fiona's face out there in the media.
Too late! Her daughter is missing and she is 5 and no one knows where she is.

I wonder if it was the father who requested this - he didn't want any 'dirty washing' aired in the media.

I can't work out if the request has been made via the media or has gone straight to the support groups and fb page. But the fb page does seem to be asking supporters what they think about closing the page!

The thing is, I haven't been able to find any search activity/public awareness efforts by Mom, dad or stepdad (apart from the initial media interviews). So if that fb page closes, little Fiona won't have one. :( And there haven't been any media articles recently so.....people are supposed to just forget about Fiona I suppose, and sit back and wait until police find her.

What a pity for that poor little girl.

Very sadly, because of the collision of Bob's missing anniversary and Mr Z's broken leg, he wasn't able to look over Fiona's Fb page in time.

But it's gone. So I'm guessing that my rough translation that Mom had requested all Fb etc support groups for little Fiona to close, was correct. I cannot comprehend why the admins agreed but, c'est la vie. Nice one, Cecile Bourgeon. Who is searching for your little girl now?
Bravo, Cecile Bourgeon. Et qui cherche pour votre petite fille aujourd'hui?

Very sadly, because of the collision of Bob's missing anniversary and Mr Z's broken leg, he wasn't able to look over Fiona's Fb page in time.

But it's gone. So I'm guessing that my rough translation that Mom had requested all Fb etc support groups for little Fiona to close, was correct. I cannot comprehend why the admins agreed but, c'est la vie. Nice one, Cecile Bourgeon. Who is searching for your little girl now?

W T F ! ? W T F ? Mom requested close it all up ? Don't remind people my gorgeous, precious , innocent baby is POOF VANISHED? Don't want people to think about Fiona and then look to me for answers?
I'm horrified ! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Yup. Disgraceful. Absolutely disgraceful. The online search for Fiona Chafoulais, age FIVE, has been abandoned in France, at Mom's request.

Luckily, we're still here. And no-one here understands French, do they guys? Just in case Cecile drops in and asks us to shut this thread down....

Thanks for the news Quester.

Fiona: Missing since 10 weeks, there is almost no evidence. read more:

10 weeks already - such a long time with no leads...
Investigators therefore find themselves in a very complex situation, because without reporting it is difficult to have new clues. The case is not much publicized, but it continues in the background as does the newspaper.

Good to know that at least the Police and the media still has Fiona on their radar. I thought they had forgotten about her. I hope this new article jogs someones memory.
:(

The support people on the FB page must feel distressed that about that as well.
Its unbelievable.

this is the first time i am not replying to someone specific so i hope i am doing the right thing. i looked through the thread and didn't see this so hope i am doing ok.

this article posted yesterday in l'express talks about a new lead in the fiona case

evidently someone has come forward to corroberate the mother's story about the park. a man who was with his sister and his nephew said the nephew saw a picture of fiona and said he played with her in the park.

this still sounds shady to me. why so late? why is this person coming forward now? i haven't been actively following this case but something doesn't sit right with me with the mom.

Was that the only time that the nephew was at the park? it might be difficult for a child to remember which day he played with someone. Did the adults with him see who he played with? Did they see the individual with a scary smile? Mom or Fiona's little sister? if not, why not? is it common for children to play unsupervised in the park?

it sounds like the man and his relatives haven't been spoken to by the investigators, just that a woman says they should. So this is fourth hand at best. The attorney says that a woman says that a man says that his nephew says...
it remains to be seen i guess... *sigh*

this is the first time i am not replying to someone specific so i hope i am doing the right thing. i looked through the thread and didn't see this so hope i am doing ok.

this article posted yesterday in l'express talks about a new lead in the fiona case

evidently someone has come forward to corroberate the mother's story about the park. a man who was with his sister and his nephew said the nephew saw a picture of fiona and said he played with her in the park.

this still sounds shady to me. why so late? why is this person coming forward now? i haven't been actively following this case but something doesn't sit right with me with the mom.

At the bottom of the article does it say that the investigation has now been determined to be a 'Kidnapping' case as oppossed to just a missing persons case? Maybe its the Google translator that gives me that impression.

LINK to article: Disappearance of Fiona: "This is the little girl I was playing in the park"

Really ? Like a stranger kidnapping? I bet that's a translator snafu.

At the bottom of the article does it say that the investigation has now been determined to be a 'Kidnapping' case as oppossed to just a missing persons case? Maybe its the Google translator that gives me that impression.

LINK to article: Disappearance of Fiona: "This is the little girl I was playing in the park"

It's not a new development, that's how the investigation was termed from the beginning.

14 May:
http://www.france24.com/fr/20130514...formation-judiciaire-enlevement-sequestration

14 mai 2013 - 14H17

Fillette disparue: information judiciaire pour "enlèvement et séquestration"

Le parquet de Clermont-Ferrand a ouvert mardi une information judiciaire pour "enlèvement et séquestration" après la disparition dimanche d'une enfant de cinq ans, Fiona, dans un parc de la ville. AFP - Le parquet de Clermont-Ferrand a ouvert mardi une information judiciaire pour "enlèvement et séquestration" après la disparition dimanche d'une enfant de cinq ans, Fiona, dans un parc de la ville.

BBM IBM

Welcome to Fiona's thread, Cncxch! And thank you very much for finding the new article. Please post anymore that you find because every bit of info is precious here.

I was going to say I found nothing new out there, but Fiona has her own page in English on the Trinity Mount Family missing website here;
http://trinitymountfamily.blogspot.de/2013/07/missing-chafoulais-fiona-5-years-old.html

I wonder if it's appropriate to add wishes she is found soon? It seems a shame there is not a single comment for her.

This site has the email for anyone with information who may want to contact Interpol or the FREDDIE authorities via mail.
http://www.fredi.org/fiches_disparus/fiona

I don't know what I think about the new witness. Especially if police haven't had time to speak to him yet. Young children can be highly tuned to what they think adults want them to say. Not criticizing child witnesses here, but that's why professionally trained people are usually called in to ask them carefully-thought out questions.

:( ...... where are you baby. Thanks Zwie ! You're a rock star !

I don't know if I'm going to get thanked for summarizing this new article - I found it a little infuriating, at some points. One of the worst things I think, is that while her attorney appeals for people not to give up, Cecile appears to be giving up the search herself. She is packing up and moving to Perpignan -out of the Clermont Ferrand LE jurisdiction.

She is complaining about feeling abandoned, and also still complaining about the FB pages and vigils she got shut down?? Anyway, here goes with a summary;

Oh, and one more point; There is only one person in authority, Pierre Sennes, authorized to speak about Fiona's case. He is absent though. It's August, and everyone knows the whole of France goes on vacation in August. It seems a bit unfortunate that Cecile and her lawyer chose to speak when authorities were not able to comment too.

Police say their total enquiries have not revealed anything concrete, despite all the witness statements. Cecile's lawyer says they are practically back at the starting point, despite 6 or 7 people being interviewed by police.

The article states Fiona vanished around 5pm from the 25 hectare park, while Mom snoozed for 20 minutes. (my note* it seems very lucky Cecile must have looked at her watch before accidentally falling asleep, and again when she woke).

Cecile feels she has been 'abandoned', and in a recent interview said she didn't think authorities would reduce the number of police on the case so quickly. Her lawyer says he can't accuse the authorites of not working on the case, because the enquiry team have done a 'remarkable job'.

Re the child witness who 'saw' a strange man leaving the park on the day Fiona disappeared; it is reported as an 'indirect statement' (so just via the father?)
and also came two months after Fiona's disappearance.

In June, a woman claimed to have seen Fiona on a beach in Perpignan, where her maternal grandma lives, Cecile's lawyer says. He also says the family circle has been examined with a 'fine toothcomb', as well as a 34-year-old Algerian ex-boyfriend. Cecile had filed a rape and forcible imprisonment complaint against him a year earlier. Unsuccessfully, the article says. Cecile's attorney adds he shares her theory that Fiona was abducted by a stranger unconnected to the family.

Cecile is due to give birth to her third child at the end of August. Her attorney says;

"She is remarkable in dignity and courage even if she has some days of despair."

The article quotes another recent interview with Cecile in La Montagne, where she said she is upset by the 'abuse' of support groups created "when we have NOT asked for them". It says she is referring to the vigils and FB pages that were created.

Bio-dad, stepdad (and father of the expected new baby) and Cecile have all filed suits to gain access to the investigation file as civil parties. It's not clear to me if that means they will have complete access to everything investigators are doing. Seems crazy to me if they can.

Cecile's attorney says his client "Wants to get closer to her mother and is preparing to move to Perpignan." Cecile has been interviewed several times, and the psychologist's report from the interview Cecile was asked to undergo, is expected 'in the next few days'. (Written August 13).

The attorney appealed for people not to give up: "The worst thing in an affair of this nature is people forgetting".

The article adds the the trail of the accident (??) quickly disappeared after fruitless and extensive searches of the 25 hectare park, and that an abduction alert could not be issued for little Fiona 'in the absence of a concrete witness'. Clermont Ferrand authorities opened a judicial investigation for abduction and kidnapping May 14.

I have a couple of thoughts;

1) If mom Cecile's attorney really wants people 'not to forget', he should advise his client to stop calling vigils held for the child 'abuse'. And to stay in Clermont Ferrand where her daughter disappeared, to maintain Fiona's missing status and help search for her.

2) It still confounds me that authorities waited two whole days with a five-year-old missing, before issuing any kind of abduction alert. Because they didn't have a 'concrete witness'. That kind of policy sounds like a child abductor's dream come true to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back