Found Deceased France - Maëlys De Araujo, 9, Pont-de-Beauvoisin, 27 Aug 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.francebleu.fr/infos/fai...e-maelys-le-temps-joue-contre-nous-1505110625

Radio interview with Fabien Rajon, lawyer of the family:

"Time is not on or side."

Mr Rajon, on France Bleu Isère on Monday, September 11, confirms the man's closeness to Maëlys during the evening of August 27. He said he had a "rather suspicious attitude during the marriage" and the girl would have called him "her uncle and friend". It's all these factors "that parents are concerned about and have encouraged them to speak through me," he says.

But beyond these exchanges, it is also the "astonishing attitude on the part of the individual" that raises questions from the lawyer. Without forgetting to mention an appeal for a necessary "presumption of innocence", Fabien Rajon lists the facts that occurred during this wedding, and that do not cease to trouble him. "First there is the attitude of the individual at the party. But also the presence of Maëlys' DNA found on his vehicle, the mention of a little blond boy accompanying her and who seems to exist only in the suspect's imagination, the meticulous washing of the vehicle..." In a nutshell, "a single man holds the keys to this mystery" he sums up.

BBM

Full radio interview at link, scroll down for the red button.

"He stated he threw them away in a public trash bin, but can't remember which one."

He seems to have a good memory because has an answer for everything knows lots of details yet the shorts which can corroberate part of his story he doesn't know which public trash bin he disposed his shorts in.

And who is going to put on clean clothes at home only to make the concious effort of taking the dirty clothes with him (in his car??) and dispose it in a public trash can and then they suddenly can't remember which one?
I'd only buy that if there where hundreds of trash cans literally right next to eachother in a row.

I don't believe a word of it and I'm sure I am not the only one.

To me it's obvious why he made the concious effort of disposing those shorts and conviniently "can't remember" where.

"He stated he threw them away in a public trash bin, but can't remember which one."

He seems to have a good memory because has an answer for everything knows lots of details yet the shorts which can corroberate part of his story he doesn't know which public trash bin he disposed his shorts in.

And who is going to put on clean clothes at home only to make the concious effort of taking the dirty clothes with him (in his car??) and dispose it in a public trash can and then they suddenly can't remember which one?
I'd only buy that if there where hundreds of trash cans literally right next to eachother in a row.

I don't believe a word of it and I'm sure I am not the only one.

To me it's obvious why he made the concious effort of disposing those shorts and conviniently "can't remember" where.

Exactly. If you rush home in the middle of a party, to change out of stained clothing, you'd put the soiled clothes in the hamper, or the trashcan, or leave them on the floor of your bedroom. But there'd be no reason to take them with you into your car as you left the house. Unless of course, you needed to dispose of them quickly, forever.

DAY 15 OF THE INVESTIGATION INTO THE DISAPPEARANCE OF LITTLE MAËLYS

20Minutes Lyon
http://www.20minutes.fr/lyon/213078...aelys-point-quinze-jours-enquete#xtor=RSS-149

For the past two weeks, investigators have been combing the region to find Maëlys, who disappeared on the night of 26-27 August.
The suspect's defense doesn't convince them.
In the absence of evidence and a confession, they base themselves on some troubling elements.

What do investigators have in their hands? At this time, they have no evidence to incriminate the suspect. The results of the samples taken on Tuesday during the search of Nordahl L.'s parents' home are not yet known. The gendarmes also looked for minute traces of blood, that could have been erased in the house and garden.

The only element they have is a small DNA trace of Maëlys, mixed with that of the former soldier, which they found on a control element of the dashboard. This is currently not enough. Convinced of the responsibility of the thirty-year-old for the abduction of the little girl, the gendarmes base themselves on troubling elements and contradictory statements.

What's puzzling the gendarmes? The details provided by the suspect during his detention led to strong suspicions among investigators. The DNA trace was found on the left side of the dashboard. The man said that Maëlys had climbed into the car through the right front door.

He also indicated that the girl was not alone at that time, referring to the presence of a "blond" boy. The investigators, who verified his statements, never found this child, concluding simply that he did not exist.

Another troubling element: Nordhal L. cleaned his Audi thoroughly the day after the wedding, applying a product used to clean the wheels to the trunk. A product that above all makes it possible to mislead dogs' sense of smell. A strange coincidence when we know that the man is a true passionate of dogs and that he served for five years as a dog handler in the 132nd Battalion of the Suippes Army.

The suspect's schedule on the night of the disappearance also intrigues investigators greatly. The man was absent for an hour, the time to go home to his parents to change shorts, which he would have stained with wine. However, the garment in question was not found, as the suspect ended up indicating that he had thrown it in a public waste bin, considering it too worn out.

Finally, the scratch marks on Nordahl's arms and knee also caught the gendarmes' attention. The suspect simply replied that he had skinned himself while gardening among raspberries. His relatives revealed that he was not into gardening. His lawyer argued that the scratches "could not have been caused by a fingernail".

BBM

IMHO the longer they search in areas related to Nordahl without finding Maëlys, the stronger the suspicon that he is either involved in a different type of crime regarding Maëlys, or he has nothing to do with her disappearance at all.
A scratch is just a scratch, all kids look alike, the DNA-sample is a transfer, he always cleans his car like a madman and he is allergic to stains on his clothing.

Bonjour,
je suis Française et si je peux comprendre tout ce que vous écrivez, je m'excuse à l'avance de mon Anglais approximatif.
IMHO this man is guilty. It is quite implausible that so many coincidences occurred in the same night when a child disappeared(cf William of Ockham) :
the man disappeared at the very same time the child could not be found
when he came back, the little girl was missing BUT
A) he did not seem concerned
B) he did not help the wedding's guest to look at her
C) he fled before the "gendarmes" arrived
During the wedding, he talked to the little girl, showed her pictures of his dogs (puppets for a child), his behavior worried the mom's child, Maelys called him "mon copain" (= my buddy), "mon tonton" (= masculine for aunty)

He lied to the "gendarmes", he said :
a) Maelys never climbed in his car BUT she climbed when DNA was found BUT she was with a little boy BUT he does not exist
b) A second cellphone he never mentionned

He concealed (hide ? covered up ? ) evidences
a) he cleaned out his car, the next day with a very powerful product
b) the short he was supposedly wearing was never found because he supposedly threw it away (nobody in France wears a short and even more theadbare short in a wedding) in a public can (if i want to throw away anything i will do it at home and then every week in a public can or dechettery)

Otherwise, it feel like impossible to go home at 3 in the morning to change a shabby short if i was wearing this short at a wedding ! if i wore it, i don't even care whether it was spotted or not.

That's why, this man "has something to say", euphemism.

i am worried for an other reason : he had plenty of time to hide M/ M's body.
He could come back with / without her (D or A) to the wedding after she disappeared because he was arrested a few days after, he had plenty of time to operate.

Welcome to Websleuths, Kfrance, soyez la bienvenue :)

We have lots of links to the French press on this thread, and you will likely feel at home.

:greetings:

I feel so sad for her sister. This is just a horrifying nightmare for that little girl. I am glad her parents are as loving and supportive as they are. It will be a long road for all of them. :rose:

MAËLYS: SONARS FROM ALSACE AND SWITZERLAND TO EXPLORE THE LAKE

FranceInfo
http://france3-regions.francetvinfo...s-venus-alsace-suisse-sonder-lac-1326431.html

One of the two sonars currently used in the effort to track down Maëlys, belongs to the Compagnie fluviale de gendarmerie du Rhin.
This type of equipment uses the special properties of sound propagation in water to detect and locate underwater objects. Last Sunday, two soldiers from this Alsatian military based in Gambsheim (67) and Vogelgrün (68), left for Lake Aiguebelette, where the main suspect often came.

This lake reaches a depth of more than 70 meters in some places and the sonar of the Alsatian gendarmes would be one of the best performing in France. It can probe up to 100 meters underwater.
In service since 2007, it has been operating over 500 times throughout France, Guyanne and even in Côte d' Ivoire. The unit has already uncovered no less than 26 corpses, 352 wrecks and 1200 vehicles.

In Savoie for the moment, these searches in Aiguebelette have not yet yielded anything. Maëlys, 9 years old, disappeared on the night of August 26-27 during a wedding she attended with her parents in Pont-de-Beauvoisin (Isère). Significant resources have since been deployed to find her.

BBM

[video=twitter;907588022778126337]https://twitter.com/MathildeL75/status/907588022778126337[/video]

Mathilde Lemaire, Journaliste Reporter à France Info.

The sonar of Strasbourg mobilized. The one from Geneva likely to return tomorrow. Aiguebelette search completed by tomorrow at the latest.

BBM

Bonjour,
je suis Française et si je peux comprendre tout ce que vous écrivez, je m'excuse à l'avance de mon Anglais approximatif.
IMHO this man is guilty. It is quite implausible that so many coincidences occurred in the same night when a child disappeared(cf William of Ockham) :
the man disappeared at the very same time the child could not be found
when he came back, the little girl was missing BUT
A) he did not seem concerned
B) he did not help the wedding's guest to look at her
C) he fled before the "gendarmes" arrived
During the wedding, he talked to the little girl, showed her pictures of his dogs (puppets for a child), his behavior worried the mom's child, Maelys called him "mon copain" (= my buddy), "mon tonton" (= masculine for aunty)

He lied to the "gendarmes", he said :
a) Maelys never climbed in his car BUT she climbed when DNA was found BUT she was with a little boy BUT he does not exist
b) A second cellphone he never mentionned

He concealed (hide ? covered up ? ) evidences
a) he cleaned out his car, the next day with a very powerful product
b) the short he was supposedly wearing was never found because he supposedly threw it away (nobody in France wears a short and even more theadbare short in a wedding) in a public can (if i want to throw away anything i will do it at home and then every week in a public can or dechettery)

Otherwise, it feel like impossible to go home at 3 in the morning to change a shabby short if i was wearing this short at a wedding ! if i wore it, i don't even care whether it was spotted or not.

That's why, this man "has something to say", euphemism.

i am worried for an other reason : he had plenty of time to hide M/ M's body.
He could come back with / without her (D or A) to the wedding after she disappeared because he was arrested a few days after, he had plenty of time to operate.

Exactly, ockhams razor. To many lies, highly questionable and suspicious behavior, coincidences and deception from the suspect for him to be innocent.

Yeah he didnt just have that hour he was missing from the party he had about 5 days to cover his tracks and dispose of evidence and thats exactly what he has done, plenty time. This man has tried to fool authorities and pull the wool over everyones eyes on multiple occasions.

Edit: And forgive me for not caring to much about the presumption of innocence right now but if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it most probably is a duck.

Okaaay...

Reworking the timeline. Again. Mainly to add the most recent information about the "other guy" detained, questioned, released and phone call info between him & NL.

I'm thinking I should remove the part about Maelys' father having some sort of (negative) interaction with NL during the party as this seems NOT to be the case, given Maitre Rajon's interview yesterday.

Thoughts?

Regarding the timeline, this is what the prosecutor said:
RTL.fr
http://www.rtl.fr/actu/societe-fait...-le-principal-suspect-s-accumulent-7790066959

Since the beginning of the investigation and the first hours following the disappearance of Maëlys on the evening of the wedding, the man arrested will arouse suspicions among investigators, including his admission that he admitted to having been absent during the evening, during "the time slots that may correspond to the disappearance of Maëlys", according to the prosecutor of the Republic in Bourgoin-Jallieu, Dietlind Baudoin.

Note the plural: les créneaux horaires meaning IMHO that there are more options about when Maëlys disappeared.
This may have happened when NL was away for about one hour, and then he would have acted under severe time constraints, or it happened after he had returned and then his timeline and time available are unclear. It is only known that he left before LE arrived, unclear where he went or what time he arrived home in the morning. (I suppose LE knows.)

(IMHO it could be a possibility that he went home to pick up something to subdue Maëlys, in the case that the opportunity would arise.)

Massive thank you to those keeping up with the links and translations.

I'm reading along here, and in the French Press, just don't have much time this week to participate as much as I'd like.

I am mentally steeling myself for the forensic analyses and/or the physical searches to turn up nothing concrete in the next few days. Hoping that I'm wrong, but... :(

IF this happens, NL will likely "walk", at least for the time being, UNLESS LE have more than has been leaked/stated. He can't be held indefinitely on what they have so far, unless (pure speculation) there's a lesser - I'm thinking drugs - charge that could be used...

Massive thank you to those keeping up with the links and translations.

I'm reading along here, and in the French Press, just don't have much time this week to participate as much as I'd like.

I am mentally steeling myself for the forensic analyses and/or the physical searches to turn up nothing concrete in the next few days. Hoping that I'm wrong, but... :(

IF this happens, NL will likely "walk", at least for the time being, UNLESS LE have more than has been leaked/stated. He can't be held indefinitely on what they have so far, unless (pure speculation) there's a lesser - I'm thinking drugs - charge that could be used...

In my EU country detention on remand can last for a maximum of 200 days.

I do think LE probably has more then leaked so far but that they keep it under wraps because it is an ongoing investigation and they don't want to jeopardize it.

I find it highly unlikely that NL is not involved up to his eyeballs nothing points to that either and every lead points to him.

In my EU country detention on remand can last for a maximum of 200 days.

I do think LE probably has more then leaked so far but that they keep it under wraps because it is an ongoing investigation and they don't want to jeopardize it.

I find it highly unlikely that NL is not involved up to his eyeballs nothing points to that either and every lead points to him.

I had to go look up the Code de procédure pénale. Relevant bits start with article 144-1, if anyone is as daft as I am (!) and wants to know the details.

In brief, it's longer than I thought, subject to certain and strict conditions.

Basically: 4 months - 1 year (which can be extended in 6 month increments if necessary), depending on the possible crime/possible charges (remember that as yet he has not been charged!), AND the suspect's previous convictions.

If I have time tonight, and can bear the eye-stabbing migraine it will probably induce, I'll sort out a translation and links to relevant legal code and interpretation.

MAËLYS: SEARCHES SCALED DOWN

LeProgrès
http://www.leprogres.fr/france-mond...s-le-dispositif-de-recherche-revu-a-la-baisse

Investigators are considering reducing the scale of the deployment in the field.

The searches in the Gorges de Chailles, in Savoie, have been "totally completed" and those in the lake very close to Aiguebelette will continue on Wednesday. The suspect who was held under investigation and imprisoned in connection with the disappearance of the 9-year-old girl was known to habitually visit these two places a few kilometres away from his home in Domessin (Savoie).

"We are running out of places where we might get results," according to one source close to the investigation, indicating that it was now being considered to focus the searches on the aftermath of the judicial inquiry.

BBM

Wondering where NL's dogs are usually kept, do they stay, or have access to some kind of fenced outdoor compound which they guard with the zeal expected of German Shepherds ? speculation.

Exactly, ockhams razor. Too many lies, highly questionable and suspicious behavior, coincidences and deception from the suspect for him to be innocent.

Yeah he didn't just have that hour he was missing from the party he had about 5 days to cover his tracks and dispose of evidence and that's exactly what he has done, plenty time. This man has tried to fool authorities and pull the wool over everyone's eyes on multiple occasions.

Edit: And forgive me for not caring to much about the presumption of innocence right now but if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it most probably is a duck.

In total agreement here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member