Found Deceased France - Maëlys De Araujo, 9, Pont-de-Beauvoisin, 27 Aug 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This time, it is the circumstances of the abduction of two men, who had hitchhiked, like Arthur Noyer, before vanishing, which interest the investigators. These two cases have never been reconciled, for lack of concordant elements, reported France 3 Savoie. They were educated by two different gendarmeries, those of Sallanches (Haute-Savoie) and Albertville.

Jean-Christophe Morin and Ahmed Hamadou, however, disappeared almost a year apart, leaving the same festival of electronic music. Jean-Christophe Morin came with his friends on the evening of September 9, 2011, at Fort Tamié, 12 kilometers from Albertville. In the night of 10 September at 3 am, he leaves the music festival, visibly worried, according to a witness.

https://www.francetvinfo.fr/faits-d...t-2012-interessent-les-gendarmes_2523819.html

Many of them seemed to vanish between 3 and 5 a.m...

Shooting in Chévaline happened in broad daylight .... doesn't seem to fit the MO, if there is one.

True...

The Chevaline incident occurred just a few days before Hamadou's disappearance:

Nordahl Lelandais' possible involvement in the Chevaline killings would also be under investigation by the investigators. A few days before the disappearance of Ahmed Hamadou, the British family Al-Hilli is on vacation on the shores of Lake Annecy. On September 5, 2012, on a forest road, the father, mother and grandmother were found shot dead in their car, just like a French cyclist who was passing by. After five years of investigation, the murderer has still not been identified. The track of a former soldier was evoked by the gendarmes at the time because the weapon of the crime, a Luger P06 7.65 caliber, is a pistol that equipped the Swiss army. Nordahl Lelandais, a former soldier, could be a potential suspect.

https://www.francetvinfo.fr/faits-d...t-2012-interessent-les-gendarmes_2523819.html

True...

Nordahl Lelandais' possible involvement in the Chevaline killings would also be under investigation by the investigators. A few days before the disappearance of Ahmed Hamadou, the British family Al-Hilli is on vacation on the shores of Lake Annecy. On September 5, 2012, on a forest road, the father, mother and grandmother were found shot dead in their car, just like a French cyclist who was passing by. After five years of investigation, the murderer has still not been identified. The track of a former soldier was evoked by the gendarmes at the time because the weapon of the crime, a Luger P06 7.65 caliber, is a pistol that equipped the Swiss army. Nordahl Lelandais, a former soldier, could be a potential suspect.

Thanks for the reminder about that case, here is the thread for it.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?185693-France-Five-shot-four-dead-in-French-Alps-may-have-int-l-ramifications-2&highlight=Al-Hilli
[h=2]France - Five shot, four dead in French Alps, may have int'l ramifications #2[/h]

Three phones and one Audi:

Three phones that bound in the same places. Corporal Arthur Noyer's schedule on the night of his disappearance was scrutinized. The investigators relied on the images of video surveillance cameras and on the demarcation of his mobile. They thus established a very precise chronology of the facts. The young soldier was in a nightclub until 2:03, he was then seen around the establishment around 2:48 before leaving on foot in the streets of downtown Chambery, where he was spotted at 2:56.
Five minutes later "at 3:01, his phone triggers a relay on Place Chevalier. At 3:06, it is located in St. Baldoph, a town located 6 kilometers. Another relay allows to establish at 3:11 that he was in Apremont, 7.7 kilometers from Chambéry ", details the prosecutor. At 4 o'clock, his phone no longer issued any sign. "The speed of movement shows that he was at that time by car and no longer on foot," added the magistrate.

The two mobile phones of Nordahl Lelandais have triggered the same relays in a niche ranging from "23:45 to 3:41": the neighborhood of Carré-Curial (where the nightclub is located), Place Chevalier, the town of Saint-Baldophe. "They were extinguished at 3:31 and the second at 3:42 until the next day," added Thierry Dran.

The Audi is spotted by the video at the same times. Here again, the investigators carefully peeled the images from the video protection cameras. The Audi was at 2:58 in the streets of downtown Chambery. It also appears at 3:08 on the images of the municipality of Saint-Badolph. It remains to be seen if this is the car of Nordahl Lelandais. "It's the same type of vehicle. It's already a huge link," says the prosecutor.

http://www.20minutes.fr/societe/219...isons-nordahl-lelandais-mis-examen-assassinat

True...

September 5, 2012 (Chevaline murders) was a Wednesday.

September 8, 2012 (Festival, disappearance of Ahmed Hamadou) was a Saturday (in the early morning)

What was NL doing at that time? He had left the military, he had been convicted and gone to prison in 2009 ~ when did he return to society?

September 5, 2012 (Chevaline murders) was a Wednesday.

September 8, 2012 (Festival, disappearance of Ahmed Hamadou) was a Saturday (in the early morning)

What was NL doing at that time? He had left the military, he had been convicted and gone to prison in 2009 ~ when did he return to society?

Did he even go to prison?

In 2007, after five years in the army as a dog handler, Nordahl was reformed because of "his unstable psychological behavior" and drug use problems. In 2008, he was sentenced to one year for the burning of a restaurant in Paladru (Isère). A sentence served with an electronic bracelet.

http://www.leparisien.fr/faits-dive...t-le-principal-suspect-26-09-2017-7286682.php

It looks like he was a driver of some sort five years ago:

A former Nordahl employer also has a bad memory of him: "He was a driver here five years ago. Initially, it went well. Then he became unmanageable, aggressive, he scared me. When I wanted to end our collaboration, he threatened to set fire to my company. He left of himself, a real relief."

http://www.leparisien.fr/faits-dive...t-le-principal-suspect-26-09-2017-7286682.php

Did he even go to prison?

In 2007, after five years in the army as a dog handler, Nordahl was reformed because of "his unstable psychological behavior" and drug use problems. In 2008, he was sentenced to one year for the burning of a restaurant in Paladru (Isère). A sentence served with an electronic bracelet.

And this is the guy the groom invited to the wedding reception to have dessert with numerous children around? I hope the bride is re-thinking her choice.

And this is the guy the groom invited to the wedding reception to have dessert with numerous children around? I hope the bride is re-thinking her choice.

He wasn't invited. Apparently, he invited himself.

I suppose his parents and brother are doing some thinking as well.

I suppose his parents and brother are doing some thinking as well.

I wouldn’t be so sure of that. They defended him so vehemently in the face of so much evidence and act as though there’s some sort of conspiracy again NL. He’s doubtlessly spinning them more lies about how now the police have it in for him and are pinning all these crimes on him because of his “past bad behaviour”. In my opinion it’s likely they’d swallow it too, rather than face the prospect that their son/brother is a serial killer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/olesmains/status/943553286044573698

Lionel Feuerstein @olesmains

Journaliste, chef-adjoint IG @france3tv rédaction national

According to the information of our reporter Stephanie Desjars, Ahmed Hamadou, missing since 2011, knew Nordhal Lelandais, the two men lived a few kilometers from each other. INFO 19/20 @ France3tv

BBM

This could be 'cos of Google translate, but the disappearance of Ahmed Hamadou seems pretty strange.

He went missing with his friend, Yan. Yan turns up alive (I think?) two weeks later.

Yan's car and Ahmed are still missing.

https://mobile.francetvinfo.fr/fait..._2523819.html#xtref=https://www.google.co.uk/

Article from when Ahmed and Yan we're missing.

https://m.faitsdivers.org/10672-Yan...ou-portes-disparus-depuis-le-8-septembre.html

IMHO the car of Yan Kersuzan was missing only while he was missing.

Yan left in his car from the festival parking, without Ahmed. (Yan and Ahmed had arrived there after a night on the town together, but security did not let them in because they were fighting. So technically speaking, they were not at the festival itself, only the parking area.)

Yan was absent for two weeks.
If he surfaced without his car, and could not answer questions, that would have made him a suspect in the disappearance of Ahmed.
However, there seems to be no indication that he was ever a suspect or even a POI.
The way I read it, Yan had no idea that Ahmed had disappeared, and when he returned, presumably by car, his explanation, whatever that may have been, was accepted.

LE has determined that Ahmed had been trying to hitch a ride on his way back from the festival parking. Nordahl might have offered him that ride, and perhaps, because they knew each other, they might have decided to go somewhere. Or simply go home.

:thinking:

Didn't see this posted so pardon if this is a duplicate
LATEST LOCAL NEWS STORY RE: Lelandis =
LE now making definitive connection between Lelandis & Noyer, and Lelandis & Maelys de Araujo , so now local LE are looking at him for other area killings/missing persons cases, he denies involvement & isn't talking, (typical)

https://www.thelocal.fr/20171220/murder-case-in-french-alps-sparks-serial-killer-fears

Personally, I'm wondering if he (Lelandis) had a hand in the Alps Murders of the Family & Biker killed in Anncey (??) as Lelandis is believed to have been operating in the Chambrey area, which is only approx. 45 miles away from Anncey.....Regardless, should be interesting...

ZaZara said:
Yep, one and the same.

That would be the day if Lelandais shot the cyclist and the Al-Hilli parents and grandmother.
I wonder if they manage to put him in that location at that time.
Wasn't he still in the military then?

BTW IMHO these shootings were random, no one was the intended target, other than being on the wrong place at the wrong time.

Oh wow - I followed that one! Thanks for the thread link - I couldn't find it on my bookmarkers.

It's beginning to look like this guy IS a serial killer.... 10 unsolved murders?!?!

Thank you all (again!) for all the updates. This is going to become a very interesting case!

MAËLYS CASE: IS THERE A LINK BETWEEN NORDAHL LELANDAIS AND THE DISAPPEARANCE OF A YOUNG MAN FROM BELGIUM?

La Libre.be
http://www.lalibre.be/actu/internat...sparition-d-un-belge-5a3b74a6cd7083db8b1fe052

At the beginning of July, Adrien Mourialmé disappeared in the Lake Annecy region. The investigators in charge of the Maëlys case examine the various elements in order to find out if Nordahl Lelandais might be involved.

And what if there was a link between the disappearance of Maëlys and Adrien, the 24-year-old Belgian who vanished for no reason on 5 July? A native of Flawinne, the young man spoke with his mother every day until his daily calls were replaced by a terrible radio silence. "He talked to me on the phone almost every day. He told me everything was fine for him. That everything wasn't always easy at the restaurant but that he was there first and foremost to make money. And he liked the region very much," Patricia told us, worried about her son.

Passionate about cooking, he planned to set up his own homemade cookie delivery company. "To launch this project, he needed funding. It was then that he had the idea of going to work near Annecy, in a hotel-restaurant. He said,"Don't worry, I'm back in three months." He's a great cook."

After several days without any news, Patricia decided to call the reception desk of the hotel-restaurant where he was hired. The managers tell her that Adrien hasn't shown up for work since the beginning of the week while his belongings are still in his room. Only a few clothes, a pair of sneakers and a backpack are missing. Since then, his phone and bank account have shown no particular movement.

On August 27th, it is the turn of Maëlys, 9 years old, to disappear in the region during a wedding party. This time, investigators quickly consider a family acquaintance as the main suspect: Nordahl Lelandais.

This week, Maëlys' alleged kidnapper and murderer was implicated in a second criminal proceeding. The investigators are therefore, for the moment, simply checking to see if there is a link between Adrien's disappearance and Nordahl Lelandais.

BBM

There is very little info available about his case.

July 5, 2017 was a Wednesday. IMHO that would be when his mother made the call and was told that Adrien had not been seen 'since the beginning of the week.'

Backpack's come in all types and sizes, but given that most of his belongings were left in his room, this was probably a daypack. Looks like he went for a walk or a hike, or simply away for the weekend and something happened on the way.

Did he tell anyone where he was going? If he had plans, say, to go to Paris or Switzerland, he would no doubt have told his mother. But it cannot have been anything big. It is the tourist season in France and in the Annecy region. Hotels, restaurants, the entire hospitality industry are very busy. They don't hire extra hands only to give them free weekends. Adrien probably only had one day off, and went sight seeing. Is there a trail near where he was staying?

IMHO it is most likely that he had an accident and since no one knew that he was gone nor where, he wasn't found in time. Did they even search for him? Anyone? They should bring in the dogs and follow his tracks from his room.

I hope LE does not only look into a possible involvement of Nordahl Lelandais, but also actively search for Adrien.

NORDAHL L.: "WE HOPE TO GET ANSWERS," THE SISTER OF A MISSING MAN SAYS

RTL.fr
http://www.rtl.fr/actu/societe-fait...nses-declare-la-soeur-d-un-disparu-7791518659

Would the investigators have caught a serial killer? After his indictment in the case of Maëlys and Arthur Noyer, they now wonder whether Nordhal L. could have links with other unresolved disappearances. On the top of the list? The disappearance of two men, one year apart, at the end of an electronic music festival near Albertville, in Savoie.

The sister of Jean-Christophe Morin, one of the two men missing, hopes to get answers after the recent revelations about Nordahl L..."At the time the gendarmes were interested in the disappearance of my brother. The only thing I have to say is the following year, after the second disappearance, no connection was made," Adèle Morin tells RTL with regret.

More than six years after her brother's disappearance, she remains convinced: "He would not have left his mother without news. For Christmas, just a phone call. Even in anger, he would have called." That is why she is pessimistic and therefore envisages a "morbid" outcome.

Daniel Morin, father of Adèle and Jean-Christophe, now fears the worst with the reopening of several files. "It doesn't make me particularly happy because today, if he really had to deal with this guy, he might be in a bad place. He may have disappeared for real," he laments at the RTL microphone. He goes on to say: "I always hoped that he would have gone abroad, that he wouldn't talk to us anymore even if we weren't angry. But now, if he ran into this joker, it sucks. As for the other gentleman who disappeared the following year."

Answers that Adèle Morin wanted to obtain then, when at the time, the rucksack of her brother had been found. "We can only hope that the bag has been sealed properly and that we can use it again for the follow up," she says, hoping that "new elements" will soon be available.

BBM

Good thinking Adèle, who knows what the rucksack yields..... Let's hope it was stored safely and that they can locate it. Things have been known to happen unfortunately....

AHMED HAMADOU, WHO DISAPPEARED IN 2012, KNEW NORDAHL LELANDAIS ACCORDING TO HIS COUSIN

France Info
https://france3-regions.francetvinf...ait-nordahl-lelandais-son-cousin-1388961.html

Following the indictment of Nordahl Lelandais for the assassination of a soldier, investigators are looking into other nearby disappearances, including Ahmed Hamadou, who disappeared in Tamié during an electro festival in 2012. According to the missing man's cousin, the two men knew each other.

On 8 September 2012, Ahmed Hamadou, a 45-year-old Savoyard, disappeared while attending the "Element III" electro festival at Fort Tamié in Savoie. Since then, his family has not heard from him, and the investigation seemed to have stalled until now.

But we learn that investigators are studying a new lead. They seek to find out whether Nordahl Lelandais, the main suspect in the Maëlys case and indicted for the murder of Arthur Noyer, may or may not be linked to this disappearance.

Abdallah Hamadou, cousin of the missing person, agreed to give a statement for France 3. He reveals that Ahmed Hamadou and Nordahl Lelandais lived in two neighbouring municipalities and knew each other "by sight".

Farida Hamadou, Ahmed Hamadou's sister, has also agreed to speak to France 3. Five years after her brother's disappearance, she still hopes to find his whereabouts one day. "The gendarmes say he may have had a bad encounter or fell into a ravine". A scenario Farida Hamadou doesn't believe in. "For me, they murdered him, got rid of the body so we couldn't find him."

Abdallah Hamadou also believes in murder: "Ahmed didn't have a car to go home, his friends let him down, he walked home, he was robbed, killed and buried, we don't know where. If he were alive today, we'd have heard from him a long time ago."

BBM

IMHO Ahmed would have walked back to Albertville, a 2-hour walk and not to his home, that would have taken over 16 hours! On his way down over small roads through the forest, cars of people leaving the festival would have passed him.

Can't find an awful lot about this disappearance either, but apparently no one came forward who offered him a ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop