France - Machine Gun attack on magazine Charlie Hebdo #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning. Graphic scroll by

No words! They're shooting that police officer while he's laying there with his hands up. :(

Death toll is 12 now, including two officers. Four of the injured are critical, I think.

ETA: edited attachment from quote as it came out big and was too shocking.

'Cartoonists killed - Some of the best-known cartoonists in France are among the 12 killed in the assault on the offices of satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo, a judicial source says.

Editor-in-chief Stephane Charbonnier, known as Charb, and the cartoonists known as Cabu, Tignous and Wolinski were killed in the attack on the paper, which gained notoriety for repeatedly publishing caricatures of the prophet Mohammed.

... Russian President Vladimir Putin sends his condolences to the victims of the deadly attack in Paris, condemning terrorism in all its forms, his spokesman says..'

http://news.yahoo.com/paris-shootin...zcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1ZJUFNHMDFfMQ--

Every democracy on this planet should be outraged at what has happened today, in France. Every democracy who does not stand up against this will not stand for long.

This type of behavior can no longer be tolerated.

How much is being politically correct worth to the leaders of the free world? Is it worth our votes?

Is it worth the people who were murdered today, in France?

Is it worth the people who will be murdered tomorrow, somewhere else?

How many more journalist will die or be imprisoned for reporting on violent religious radicals and dictators? Regardless of your religion or lack there of this is a war against everything we, as a country, hold dear.

It is against the moderate Muslims, the moderate Christians, Jews, Hindus, Taoist, Atheist, and every freedom loving person on this planet.

The United States and her European allies believe in 'freedom of speech' and this belief is one of the foundations of democracy and for this freedom to be threatened is to threaten the very foundations of what we, as a people hold dear.

Extremist fear freedom of speech and the free exchange of ideas. They fear journalists because journalists work in a medium that give a voice to those who have no voice of their own. They fear our freedom and our freedom can be their destruction.

To murder and imprison innocent journalists, is to silence democracy! To murder and imprison journalists, is to silence us!

We must stand with our allies and hunt the cowards like the feral creatures they are. If we continue to refuse to stand up against these cowards, they will terrorize our democracies until we cannot stand up for anything or anyone.

We must finish what we start, this time.BTW I spent 20 years of my life living in the 'heart of Islam', Saudi Arabia. Journalism is silenced there, just as it is in Iran, Egypt, Libya and almost all of the middle east.

I think it was only a matter of time.
Jihadists want to bring free societies to its knees. Ironically, many of them have come to Europe and USA to flee volatile Middle-East.
Attackers still at large, it means France poorly prepared.imo
No word yet is AlQaeda or any other jihadist terror group behind the attack, or may be they are just 'lone wolves'.
Many jihadists who have been fighting in Syria and elsewhere, have arrived lately, now poised to carry out attacks in West. Attackers per reports used rocket launchers and AK-47, some military background likely.

Via Twitter

RT @SkyNews: Who would attack #CharlieHebdo? @kileysky says the gunmen appear to be "battle-hardened". http://t.co/2j63v4r8zh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The French police don't even carry firearms do they?

It was so sad to watch the officer laying there with no way to protect himself from being murdered. :(

Cartoonists who mocked Islam and refused to be threatened by ‘Quranic law’ were killed in Charlie Hebdo massacre after terrorists asked for them by name

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lie-Hebdo-massacre-terrorists-asked-name.html

And there were unconfirmed reports that one of the gunmen said to a witness: 'You say to the media, it was Al Qaeda in Yemen.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...acre-terrorists-asked-name.html#ixzz3O9LI5uSo
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I have no words.

:tears:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A terrorist attack on free speech by members of Al Qaide in Yemen.
Cartoon by Dutch cartoonist Ruben Oppenheimer

B6wcXWdIgAA_Lbr.jpg

Eyewitness account: 'They claimed to be Al-Qaida'

Corinne Rey, a designer known as Coco, has told L’Humanité that she was forced to let the attackers into the Charlie Hebdo building. She said:

I had gone to pick up my daughter from daycare. Arriving at the door of the newspaper building, two hooded and armed men brutally threatened us.

They wanted to enter, go up. I typed the code. They shot Wolinski, Cabu ... it lasted five minutes ... I had taken refuge under a desk ...

They spoke French perfectly ... claiming to be Al-Qaida.

Guardian Liveblog: http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2015/jan/07/shooting-paris-satirical-magazine-charlie-hebdo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member