FRANCE - Truck drives into crowd celebrating Bastille Day in Nice, 2016 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Obama is POTUS, I don't think he can "do anything" about France. MOO What do you want him to do?

Many people including myself want America and other countries in NATO to bomb ISIS in Raqqa. We are fed up hearing virtually hearing the same speech over and over again and want action taken.

Oh no.......Why is France getting targeted so frequently?? Seems like they are getting way more than their (unfair) share, much more than other European countries.

Historical reasons.

Morocco, Tunisia and Algeria used to be French colonies so migrants from there have tended to migrate to France. Earlier migrants from those countries have not properly integrated into French society, tend to be unemployed and tend to be more easily radicalised. It's noticeable that the recently arrived migrants in Germany and Sweden who are most often involved in sex attacks are also from the same region, plus Egypt. Also, Tunisia has produced more recruits for Daesh per head of population than almost any other country.

In short, North Africa rather than the Middle East is the source of much of the trouble.

A Muslim is always a Muslim first and foremost and a Brit/American/French/Swede a distant second.

From looking through photos and names of the missing it's obvious that there are going to be Muslim victims. Muslims out celebrating Bastille Day.

Many people including myself want America and other countries in NATO to bomb ISIS in Raqqa. We are fed up hearing virtually hearing the same speech over and over again and want action taken.

Raqqa is full of civilians, and ISIS rule over them. This is the problem with fighting ISIS. They're not a sovereign state, borders are fluid, they're here and there and in between them are civilians who want nothing to do with them either. If you bomb Raqqa you need to know that you're killing innocent people too, who don't believe in ISIS, didn't choose them.

There are (or perhaps were) around 220,000 people in Raqqa, of whom around 218,000 are civilians. That probably means around 50,000 women and 100,000+ children.

There are (or perhaps were) around 220,000 people in Raqqa, of whom around 218,000 are civilians. That probably means around 50,000 women and 100,000+ children.

Not saying I would approve such actions, but it sure didn't bother the US at Hiroshima (150,000) and Nagasaki (75,000). Iraq was 461,000.

Raqqa is full of civilians, and ISIS rule over them. This is the problem with fighting ISIS. They're not a sovereign state, borders are fluid, they're here and there and in between them are civilians who want nothing to do with them either. If you bomb Raqqa you need to know that you're killing innocent people too, who don't believe in ISIS, didn't choose them.

Which of your loved ones are you willing to sacrifice to ISIS while we continue to avoid taking action?

Historical reasons.

Morocco, Tunisia and Algeria used to be French colonies so migrants from there have tended to migrate to France. Earlier migrants from those countries have not properly integrated into French society, tend to be unemployed and tend to be more easily radicalised. It's noticeable that the recently arrived migrants in Germany and Sweden who are most often involved in sex attacks are also from the same region, plus Egypt. Also, Tunisia has produced more recruits for Daesh per head of population than almost any other country.

In short, North Africa rather than the Middle East is the source of much of the trouble.

Do you have a link for this because this poll says 90% of Tunisians think suicide bombings are never justified which is low compared to other countries.

http://www.pewglobal.org/2014/07/01...ddle-east/pg-2014-07-01-islamic-extremism-10/

Heck, only 81% of is the USA think it is never justified. ETA, just looked it up and there are appx 3 million muslims in the USA, so that means 570K think suicide bombings are ok.

http://www.pewforum.org/files/2013/...igion-politics-society-selected-questions.pdf

Not saying I would approve such actions, but it sure didn't bother the US at Hiroshima (150,000) and Nagasaki (75,000). Iraq was 461,000.

Well, they're probably not going to do Hiroshima/Nagasaki again.

Avoiding these things where possible (as opposed to 'cowboy') is really more preferable.

Historical reasons.

It is the other way round. Those who migrated to France earlier were more liberal and happy to live in France as it was. Those who came later are different.
Many jihadists come from a middle class background, have had education and jobs. Lack of opportunity is not the main cause of radicalisation.

Which of your loved ones are you willing to sacrifice to ISIS while we continue to avoid taking action?

You realise that Raqqa is already being bombed, right? More bombs or bigger bombs are not a magical solution.

Personally I think it would be smarter to get the whole world's most elite soldiers and send them in en masse to hunt them down. Of course then you have the minor issue that you're now invading Syria which may be frowned upon. And if you're not invading then you're doing it with Assad's co-operation. And if you're doing it with Assad's co-operation then you're co-operating with Assad - which hasn't really been the plan. And if you're co-operating with Assad then you're going to need to stop assisting the Rebels. And if you stop assisting the Rebels then what are you going to do about Assad, who you're now co-operating with.

It's really not a simple situation.

Of course I read the link you posted.

I think The Telegraph is one of the worst, tabloidy 'newspapers' in the whole entire world. I don't think I am alone in that thinking.

The whole issue of the bogus "no-go zones" was all over the news some time ago. I prefer The Guardian as a British Newspaper. I wonder if they reported on the no-go zones?

I opened this thread with a quote from The Telegraph.

I don't think that an ideology can be "bombed" out of existence. It only takes one sicko to murder many and terrorize millions. JMO

Oh wait, the US are already in there with Special Forces, maybe Assad doesn't mind the distraction they bring to ISIS...

http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/05/27/u-s-troops-participating-in-offensive-near-raqqa/

So Raqqa is being bombed, US Special Forces are in there, possibly also British Special Forces (two good reasons to not carpet bomb the place right now....), and Russia is messing things up there too.

So why do people keep saying nothing is being done?

You realise that Raqqa is already being bombed, right? More bombs or bigger bombs are not a magical solution.

Personally I think it would be smarter to get the whole world's most elite soldiers and send them in en masse to hunt them down. Of course then you have the minor issue that you're now invading Syria which may be frowned upon. And if you're not invading then you're doing it with Assad's co-operation. And if you're doing it with Assad's co-operation then you're co-operating with Assad - which hasn't really been the plan. And if you're co-operating with Assad then you're going to need to stop assisting the Rebels. And if you stop assisting the Rebels then what are you going to do about Assad, who you're now co-operating with.

It's really not a simple situation.

Not sure if this happens every time, but we drop leaflets prior to bombing them to warn them we are coming. It's so stupid it makes me want to laugh, but people are dying.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/...flets-in-syria-contrasts-russian-way-war.html

Oh wait, the US are already in there with Special Forces, maybe Assad doesn't mind the distraction they bring to ISIS...

http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/05/27/u-s-troops-participating-in-offensive-near-raqqa/

So Raqqa is being bombed, US Special Forces are in there, possibly also British Special Forces (two good reasons to not carpet bomb the place right now....), and Russia is messing things up there too.

So why do people keep saying nothing is being done?

Some people think that a magical name and a declaration of war would make them feel more secure. They like the optics of it. They have no solutions, however. JMO

And there's your problem with the enemy living AMONGST civilians. Do you wish to massacre as many people as you can who simply live in the wrong place?

Those civilians are hostages in their own home. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid
Back