• She is angry that she cannot speak

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • She is furious at being caught in her lies

Votes: 52 19.0%
  • She is wallowing in self-pity at her incarceration

Votes: 61 22.3%
  • She believes she can sway the jury

Votes: 112 41.0%
  • None of the Above (Please comment with your answer)

Votes: 39 14.3%

• Total voters
I believe the tears to be real. I assume that when she last saw Caylee, her daughter was, and I apologize for the use of this word- I can't think of a better one right now, whole. Intact. I don't think she ever thought about the effects of decomposition. It must have been a shock for Casey to see what has happened to her daughter. I think, in her mind's eye, she still saw Caylee as a little girl, not a torn apart rotting corpse.

I'm sure I am not explaining myself well, but it's the best I can do.

Got in late after work, watching testimony, Go Dr. G. Here is what is shocking to me, sorry did not read all posts BUT: Someone tell me how ICA can get all sick and weepy when she does not even look at pictures but be all non weepy and indignant when viewing a MOVIE showing her DAUGHTER decomposing with DUCT TAPE over her mouth before her very eyes which she was able to watch?

Sorry bout the internet yelling. Just watching the testimony and that is ridiculous. Utterly beyond any scope of reasonableness with regard to true emotion.

ITA!!! The answer is the jury was not present when she watched that video. :)
I had to DVR the in session coverage and did not see the actual showing of the video to the jury... I was waiting to see if she cried then. THAT would have been the icing on the "my tears are real" cake!!! Anyone know?

I do not understand why the judge is allowing the lady defense lawyer to so openly "comfort"( arms around her, hugging her ect) ICA nor why the prosecution is not objecting. It seems in past trials that is a huge no no.

I had portions of yesterday DVR'd...
I noticed Casey was fine, happy, smiling talkative with the DT before the trial started in the morning and before it resumed after lunch...In other words when the Jury was not present.

BUT during the time the Jury is present she flips a switch and acts differently...she scowls, her brow is furrowed for most of the time the jury is present.., she shows them she is breathing heaviily, shows them that she is gagging...she pretends to cry and YES there are a few times she does cry...IMO For Herself.

:twocents:

I know several people who lie as a matter of course and what always shocks me is that they believe their own lies. I know other people, myself included, that can compartmentalize issues in their lives in order to deal with them. I was brought up to believe that lies were one of the absolute worse things in the world and I learned not to lie very young. So while I can compartmentalize things, I don't compartmentalize my own lies since I avoid lying at all costs.

(My husband was brought up to believe that people who told the truth were stupid, which was always interesting in our household, may he rest in peace.)

Please who believe their own lies AND can compartmentalize the more stressful issues in their lives are very dangerous, in my opinion. I believe KC has believed her own lies, so she reacts or is able to react to events based on her own version of the truth. How dare you say I killed my child - I did no such thing, etc.

We all compartmentalize or we would not be able to function in life. If we were not able to "shelf" our grief or horror, we would be not be able to move forward after these types of events befell us. Sociopaths and psychopaths take that compartmentalization to a higher level, unless they are the type of killers who love to kill and WANT to replay it in their minds over and over. KC does not want to do that, so she shelves it, compartmentalizes it, then believes her own lies that it did not happen.

In this manner, the truth becomes buried and the lie comes to life. She does not have to reverse this switch often because either people believe her and don't confront her or when they do, she switches lies until she finds one that they DO believe. Thus, the truth remains buried. The courtroom is no place for KC - there is no safe place, no ability to switch lies because she can't speak, and the more the truth comes to light, the more agitated she becomes. She may also truly be upset because she has compartmentalized Caylee's death so much that the reality of animals gnawing on bones and duct tape stuck to her daughter's matted hair that lies on the ground, separated from her head, clashes strongly with her compartmentalized image of her daughter in her whole body, playing with other children in heaven. So while the switch probably has not fully happened, some of the truth of the condition of her daughter has been exposed and her repressed feelings surface. I don't think those emotions include remorse or self-horror. I think they are the emotions felt by someone who now realizes what truly happended to Caylee's body.

So, remorse no - sadness, maybe. But not because of anything she caused, in her mind.

This is my opinion, of course, and I also believe that when the defense puts on their case, there will be a remarkable change of behavior in KC.

On the What is Cindy A. Doing....thread. Dr.Fessels post # 51, has a video of Cindy seemingly coaching ICA to cry... must see. Sorry have no idea how to bring it over to this thread, or even if I'm allowed to?

From the same place that Cindy's flow. All theatrics, to elicit the jurys sympathy. I'm surprised they didn't go into a fake dead faint. Cindy probably didn't want to take the chance of breaking her hip. Casey didn't want to break another tooth. They both make me sick. I hope the jury is not falling for this display. I completely agree with a previous poster who said that Judge Perry should have put an instant stop to Casey and the defense attorney snuggling in. I think of it almost as giving testimony withhout getting on the stand. That innocent Casey is brokenhearted about the death of her child and the attorney is driving home that fact by consoling her. I don't know why the prosecution didn't object adamantly. There should be a strict no touch policy put into place immediately.

She is stuck between a rock and a hard place. If she doesn't show emotion the jury may think she's a cold unfeeling monster who probably killed her baby since there is no sorrow. On the other hand her defense hangs upon her being an unfeeling mother who is not capable of normal sorrow and emotion.

For me it is inconsequential whether there is actual moisture from her eyes or not...

My ex-husband used to cry all the time...but he was still diagnosed as (what most people term) a psychopath. Tears are just another useful tool of manipulation.

IMO these entities are capable of mimicking emotions and feigning them whenever necessary. I believe the only actual emotions they 'feel' though are varying shades of anger and rage. JMHO

She is stuck between a rock and a hard place. If she doesn't show emotion the jury may think she's a cold unfeeling monster who probably killed her baby since there is no sorrow. On the other hand her defense hangs upon her being an unfeeling mother who is not capable of normal sorrow and emotion.

ITA...however, it amazes me as to what levels she chooses to show emoitons....she will break down when they cover the animals drug her baby trunk away---yet sit there and listen to the bug guy tell how flies and such were eating her baby???? Makes no sense....

It is quite obviously staged - there may be a few real poor me tears in there, but when I cry, and I mean really cry, I usually have about 10 or 12 balls, sometimes half a box, of wet snotty tissues, half torn apart, laying all around, crumpled into little balls...... Have you noticed her tissues always are DRY?????

I was watching Tonya Reiman a body language expert last night and she said that some of ICA's emotions are real but as many of you have said here that her crying is not at appropriate times. She also stated that Simms has become her new mommy figure and that ICA is to detached from the trial. She also commented on how she acts before the jury comes in and how she smiles and waves. She also stated that when GA testified and ICA was shaking her head no to the molestation to show everyone that GA was not telling the truth when in fact he was.

From the link;

...Even with constant coaching from Telemundo Soap Opera writer Jose Baez and personal courtroom masseuse Stringbean Simms, the angry tart cannot seem to grasp the subtle nuances of the role. “Its kinda like watching an android fumble with emotion,” continues the source. “For her crying scenes, she sticks her fingers in her eyes and rubs her nose. Over and over. And whoever is in charge of her props needs to give her more than one tissue to work with. A single kleenex shouldn’t last hours.”...

:floorlaugh:

She's crying with rage at her mom for starting all this crap by calling the police .
I think that's how she really feels too .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexisboyd
Back