Funeral Service for Charlie and Braden

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read on twitter and on FB that the Cox's have contacted 2 of the "angel" biker groups who form a human shield around memorial attendees so that Westboro picketers cannot be seen or heard. Hopefully the Westboro nuts will be completely blocked from showing their disgusting propaganda... My thanks go out to the biker groups who do this...

Let's try to keep the attention on the Cox family and those beautiful children instead of that un-Godly group from Kansas. They love the attention and that is why they hurt so many people who are grieving. We had a funeral here of a young man who died in service of our country, andthey were supposed to show up but they didn't. I drove by the church just before the funeral and when I saw the bikers lined up with their flage, I got a lump in my throat and started crying. Bless them. This will be the day for the family to grieve and nobody should disturb that.

I read on twitter and on FB that the Cox's have contacted 2 of the "angel" biker groups who form a human shield around memorial attendees so that Westboro picketers cannot be seen or heard. Hopefully the Westboro nuts will be completely blocked from showing their disgusting propaganda... My thanks go out to the biker groups who do this...

This just makes me cry...

That hate group (I refuse to call them a church or say their name) has not had much luck conducting recent protests. Between LE and The Patriot Guard, a nationwide biker group, they have been rendered useless. Only a few of their members show up, if they show up at all, and they are kept away from the funeral so they aren't visible to those attending.

http://www.tooeletranscript.com/view/full_story/10054580/article-Community-mourns-fallen-soldier

(snip)
Although there were hundreds of mourners crowded into the chapel and gym of the stake center, with some standing on the sides or sitting in the foyer, there were perhaps more outside of the church building. Leather-clad members of the Patriot Guard and sweatshirt-wearing citizens alike stood encircled about the perimeter of the building, each with a flag in hand, and neighborhood residents lined the sidewalks across from the church with signs of gratitude and support for Byrd and his family.

The perimeter was partly the result of an announcement by the Kansas-based Westboro Baptist Church that it would protest at Byrd’s funeral as it has at the funerals of other fallen soldiers to preach its belief that God is destroying America for the country’s sins. In the end, however, the church did not show — but the community did.

Read more: Tooele Transcript Bulletin - Community mourns fallen soldier

Here's the link about Westboro Baptist, and their planned picketing of the funeral.

Classy bunch of folks.

http://twitter.com/#!/MargieJPhelps/status/167080428652601344

@MargieJPhelps MargiePhelps
Westboro will picket the funerals of the Powell boys, Sat.,2/11, 12:15p, to remind @GovGregoire they died because of her rebellion. #obeyGod

I am certain the Patriot Guard will be there to block them, as they have at soldier's funerals. There is a special place in he!! for Fred Phelps, right next to jp.

But, why? What will they get from it?

Their official reason is that WA state recently legalised same-sex marriage and the murders were God's revenge. :rolleyes: The true reason is that they're a bunch of hateful scumbags. No further explanation needed. :maddening:

I hope they are massively outnumbered by well-wishers. I'm sure they will be.

Don't worry... protestors aren't going to get near the church. People will come from all over to prevent it... and then they won't show up.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=191...ought-josh-could-kill-his-sons&s_cid=queue-19

Funeral services for Charlie and Braden Powell are planned for Saturday, Feb. 11, at the Life Center Church in Tacoma, Wash.
Services begin at 11 a.m. and will be streamed live on KSL.com.

Last night one the 10pm news, it didn't sound like a for sure thing that KSL would stream it live.
As of now though, they say that they are going to. I don't think I can watch it.

http://www.kirotv.com/ is another possibility... they live streamed the custody hearings. :tears:

I am very glad that there are pictures like these, with "Susan" in the background.
I especially love that Charlie asked to have this one taken with his Mom.

powell2v.jpg

powell11.jpg

And the fall leave ones?? Well those are just awesome pictures of Susan's boys...

powell5.jpg

powell6.jpg

A notoriously anti-gay church plans to picket Saturday’s funeral for Charlie and Braden Powell and will be counterprotested by Occupy Seattle.
Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/...icket-powell.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

The word is out that WB plans to pickett and several people have been contacted to ensure that if they are they will not be seen or heard. I pray the family does not see them and the media does not give them one minute of coverage. This is so repulsive that they would actually do this. Those precious boys deserve to be laid to rest in peace. This is completely uncalled for.

Man, why is Westboro going to try to mess up these poor innocent boys funerals. They can wait for JP's and not be bothered or held back. I really dislike this group.

My 75 year old uncle is a member of a biker group in that area called B.R.O. It stands for "Brothers Reaching Out."

The group is VERY active in the community.

I just called him and referred him to Websleuths and this thread in particular. He thanked me and said that he had to go "make a few calls" to his fellow B.R.O. members.

The whole idea of Westboro's presence makes me, literally, sick to my stomach. Shame on them.

Dang it. I am in Portland this week otherwise I would go.

And regarding the "Westboro" cr@p, I know people that are organizing tables for people to donate to different charities. Instead of protesting a most ridiculous "protest," raise money for groups that help others. Its also a plus that Westboro despises these charities. :innocent:

A story on Occupy Seattle going to stop westboro :http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/...Baptist-Church-s-Anti-Gay-Protest?via=siderec

Statement from Alina: http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/westboro-baptist-church-stage-anti-gay-protest-pow/nHYhF/
"I have just received confirmation that the Westboro Baptist Church is planning to protest my nephews' funeral. This is a horrible, disdainful act that serves no purpose other than to continue the years-long objectification of those little boys. Charlie and Braden were not trophies to be won and paraded around; they were not bait to ferret out 'guilt' in a man; they were not 'evidence' in a 'crime'; and they most certainly arenot political pawns to be used by a church to spread yet more messages of HATE! They are only little boys and they deserve better! I am LIVID that my nephews continue to be used as a tactical maneuver, and I am LIVID that their service will be besmirched by an event a loving God would never approve! Please let my nephews rest in peace!! Hate has taken far too great a toll on us ALL already!--Please, STOP THE HATE!"

A story on Occupy Seattle going to stop westboro :http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/...Baptist-Church-s-Anti-Gay-Protest?via=siderec

Statement from Alina: http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/westboro-baptist-church-stage-anti-gay-protest-pow/nHYhF/
"I have just received confirmation that the Westboro Baptist Church is planning to protest my nephews' funeral. This is a horrible, disdainful act that serves no purpose other than to continue the years-long objectification of those little boys. Charlie and Braden were not trophies to be won and paraded around; they were not bait to ferret out 'guilt' in a man; they were not 'evidence' in a 'crime'; and they most certainly arenot political pawns to be used by a church to spread yet more messages of HATE! They are only little boys and they deserve better! I am LIVID that my nephews continue to be used as a tactical maneuver, and I am LIVID that their service will be besmirched by an event a loving God would never approve! Please let my nephews rest in peace!! Hate has taken far too great a toll on us ALL already!--Please, STOP THE HATE!"

She is so right. These little boys are angels and should be treated with dignity and respect!

I don't get it. What are these nutters reasoning on this? Charlie and Braden were complete innocents in this.

As if this whole happening isn't horrendous enough these kooks have to disrupt the funeral.

I hate feeling so helpless right now. If I were in any way able I would join those who are going to join forces to block them from disrupting this funeral.

Not sure what God they pray to, but the one I pray to would not approve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babycakes15