GA - Ahmaud Arbery, 25, jogger, fatally shot by former LEO and son, Brunswick, Feb 2020 *Arrests* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(At 6:21 on Alive11 vid).

According to Agent Deal's testimony, GM posted on FB about TM shooting AA the very same day of the murder.

A GCounty LE -(Cooper)- described as a friend of TM- called GM about what he had posted. Sounds like he was concerned by the content, but didn't know when he called that GM had also been involved.

Guessing the FB post was the one in which GM essentially congratulated TM? Also guessing that posting what he did on the same day AA was killed likely didn't sit well with at least some neighbors, (perhaps for different reasons), which ultimately led to GM making public a portion of Roddy's video - to defend himself. :confused:

Another small and IMO really very curious tidbit from the testimony.

There are new and additional inconsistencies everytime the subject of prior "break-ins" and thefts in the neighborhood comes up.

Agent Deal testified he knew of only 2 reported incidents. One, described as a burglary, amounted to nothing more than the person reporting it getting spooked when an alarm went off. The end.

The second was a breaking into/theft from a car, back in July 2019. The thief turned out to be someone living in the same house as the stolen-from.

And that, according to the GBI, was it. Then the defense asked him if he aware of another theft of a gun from a car, other than the theft reported by TM. The reply was- no.

The defense said on the very same day TM reported a gun was stolen from his (unlocked) truck- January 1, 2020- yet another gun was stolen from someone else's vehicle (no name given), and that "fingerprints were taken." (By whom?)

What are the odds of that remarkable coincidence? Of 2 gun owners leaving weapons in their vehicles, and having them stolen on the very same day, New Year's Day?

MOO when GM got his own attorney it meant he would minimize his own part at the expense of his son. Here it is
I think this a very good and very telling observation into his nature.

GM is 64 years old. Even a sentence of 10-15 years constitutes a life sentence. Even with an wildly optimal jury / outcome, there is a very good chance that he will be convicted of a charge that carries at least that sentence range.

I think he is guilty of First Degree murder. That aside, why take an approach that could mitigate the consequences for your son? Say:

- Your honor, I recognized AA as being potentially dangerous from my LEO days (Well, now I recognize him...).

- I enlisted the aid of W and I told my son to obtain a weapon for the chase. Neither man would have participated with out me directing them to do so. In fact, they thought I was acting as a semi official LEO.

- I am willing to plead guilty to First Degree murder. But.... I want plea bargains for my son and W (Well, really just for my son, but extending a plea bargain to W makes me seem more compassionate).

Last edited:

There are new and additional inconsistencies everytime the subject of prior "break-ins" and thefts in the neighborhood comes up.

Agent Deal testified he knew of only 2 reported incidents. One, described as a burglary, amounted to nothing more than the person reporting it getting spooked when an alarm went off. The end.

The second was a breaking into/theft from a car, back in July 2019. The thief turned out to be someone living in the same house as the stolen-from.

And that, according to the GBI, was it. Then the defense asked him if he aware of another theft of a gun from a car, other than the theft reported by TM. The reply was- no.

The defense said on the very same day TM reported a gun was stolen from his (unlocked) truck- January 1, 2020- yet another gun was stolen from someone else's vehicle (no name given), and that "fingerprints were taken." (By whom?)

What are the odds of that remarkable coincidence? Of 2 gun owners leaving weapons in their vehicles, and having them stolen on the very same day, New Year's Day?

Why are rumors of thefts a part of the defense?
To excuse them by showing that their clients were in a murderous frame of mind?

GM is 64 years old. Even a sentence of 10-15 years constitutes a life sentence. Even with an extremely optimal jury / outcome, I think he will be convicted of something that carries that sentence range.

So, why take an approach that could mitigate the consequences for your son? Say.....

- Your honor, I recognized AA as being potentially dangerous from my LEO days (well, now I recognize him...). I alone directed the effort to apprehend him. In doing so, I thought I was acting in a semi official law enforcement capacity (Rash re-deputized me).

I enlisted the aid of W and I told my son to obtain a weapon for the chase. Neither man would have participated with out me directing them to do so. I will plead guilty to First Degree murder. But.... I want plea bargains for my son and W. I am thinking about....

Exactly. Any decent father should be trying to collect as much of the guilt as possible to himself.
I told Travis not to shoot?
What a jerk.

I think the rumors of the thefts and the citing of gun thefts is to show that they were responding to a "criminal" who was doing this with abandon in the area AND potentially had a gun to harm the people of the neighborhood. (If he had a weapon, he was clearly a bad guy.)
I also think they might have been hoping to plant a weapon except the 3rd murderous killer accomplice was filming and they couldn't.
If the killer walked up to him and said what the videotaping accomplice said and the father of the killer rolled him, there was no sense of remorse or confusion as to their belief that they could kill anyone they wanted.

After Mr. Arbery was shot and fell to the ground the murderous father rolled him over to check for a weapon---as if to say 2 things, even (1) if he was incapacitated they were in fear that he would get up to shoot them and (2) they were hoping to find a weapon, preferably their weapon, on him to prove he was up to no good and was the thief they needed to apprehend.

The shock is that the DAs in two offices didn't see any of the evidence we heard yesterday as compelling. There can be no real sense of justice in these counties with these people as the eyes and arbiters of cases for and against the African American community. Time for some replacements and a necessary sweeping of the racist cobwebs in their offices. The murderous father worked in those offices. I am sure he thought he was in the clear.

Last edited:

Very low odds, like lottery odds. And, guns with no serial numbers, even more remote that those would be the ones left in unlocked cars.

All I can say is that fishes rot from the head. There are DA issues and PD issues that would have at one point or another framed Mr. Arbery if they had the chance. Corrupt leading the corrupt. Mr. Arbery was systematically murdered. And, I believe he would have been systematically framed by these officers of the court in cahoots with these men.

GM is 64 years old. Even a sentence of 10-15 years constitutes a life sentence. Even with an wildly optimal jury / outcome, there is a very good chance that he will be convicted of a charge that carries at least that sentence range.

I think he is guilty of First Degree murder. That aside, why take an approach that could mitigate the consequences for your son? Say:

- Your honor, I recognized AA as being potentially dangerous from my LEO days (Well, now I recognize him...).

- I enlisted the aid of W and I told my son to obtain a weapon for the chase. Neither man would have participated with out me directing them to do so. In fact, they thought I was acting as a semi official LEO.

- I am willing to plead guilty to First Degree murder. But.... I want plea bargains for my son and W (Well, really just for my son, but extending a plea bargain to W makes me seem more compassionate).

He's also had two heart attacks. The stress of a trial could create another one.

Can you steal your own gun? I wonder about the evidence provided in trials when a weapon is used. It seems like Georgia has one of the most lenient set of laws regarding the buying, acquisition, recording of serial numbers, etc.

Just a thought.... the killer's gun with no serial number goes missing from an unlocked vehicle on January 1. Mr. Arbery was said to have been seen at the house on Feb 11 with his hand near his waistband. Was the person who came back to this property again and again getting ready for violence by bringing a gun? That is what the killers are trying to get everyone to believe. On the day of his murder, the killers and accomplice are hunting him down, refusing to let him leave the neighborhood. Mr. Arbery is evading them as they get more aggressive in penning him in.

I wonder if the killer's truck was searched for other fire arms that day. Could the "stolen gun" have been in their vehicle as they hoped to plant it on Mr. Arbery? I think the killer and his accomplice killer father were hoping to get Mr. Arbery alive, hold him and plant the gun on him. They knew he wasn't stealing but running around with a gun would get him off their streets and into jail.

Just a thought!

Can you steal your own gun? I wonder about the evidence provided in trials when a weapon is used. It seems like Georgia has one of the most lenient set of laws regarding the buying, acquisition, recording of serial numbers, etc.
It is. Their gun laws are made expressly to avoid any method of tracking guns, their laws are crafted to with the belief that keeping track of the serial number as the gun changes hands after original sale as de facto gun registration.

Last edited:
That sums it up. What father throws his son under the bus- especially when he really has nothing to lose?

Perhaps a disgraced and embarrassed ex-cop father who had visions of personal redemption dancing in his head for many months (hero with LE cred saves the neighborhood from scary UBM burglar!). And who was SO close, the 911 call being made...........only to have his son mess up by shooting and killing AA, robbing him, GM of the glory?

((I was struck by Agent Dial saying he believed GM probably WAS thinking "don't shoot, Travis!," but just didn't say that out loud, even if he thought he had.

At first that seemed like an extremely generous take on what might have been going through GM's mind just before and during that first shot by TM into Ahmaud's chest. But.....maybe not. See above)).

THIS: I also think they might have been hoping to plant a weapon....

THIS: (...)After Mr. Arbery was shot and fell to the ground the murderous father rolled him over to check for a weapon---as if to say (....) they were hoping to find a weapon, preferably their weapon, on him to prove he was up to no good and was the thief they needed to apprehend.

That the MM's might have planned to plant a weapon on AA is an interesting possibility. One I can only imagine them doing if they premeditated his murder, though.

It seems possible that nothing went according to any plan the MM's might have had when they jumped into TM's truck that day.

If Roddy's joining in the pursuit actually was unexpected, presumably the MM's originally thought one truck would do. It wouldn't have, at least not without firing at AA from a moving truck, as AA ran.

If they hadn't planned to kill AA, then GM also seems to have timed the 911 call all wrong. The MMs had less than a minute before LE arrived to figure things out.

It's always bothered me that GM greeted LE with bloody hands, having rolled Ahmaud's body over in that little bit of time. To check for a weapon? I don't believe that. GM had watched AA run for 7 minutes. He knew before stopping on Holmes that AA didn't have a gun. As did TM. And...why would AA try to grab TM's shotgun if he had a gun of his own?

Me too - definitely toast! And this defense attorney Gough - I think his name is??!!:confused:

I'm just now catching up on the end of the hearing and I'm dying that this guy is still being retained! First was the presser where he basically called Roddy stupid, and now........I honestly still wonder who ties that mans shoes in the morning. However!! I can see this working in Roddy's favor if convicted because even I would have to agree his lawyer is a disaster. Roddy somehow avoids a long prison sentence because, omg are there other examples for people being represented by someone like this? He's got THE doofus lawyer poster child!!

I'm just now catching up on the end of the hearing and I'm dying that this guy is still being retained! First was the presser where he basically called Roddy stupid, and now........I honestly still wonder who ties that mans shoes in the morning. However!! I can see this working in Roddy's favor if convicted because even I would have to agree his lawyer is a disaster. Roddy somehow avoids a long prison sentence because, omg are there other examples for people being represented by someone like this? He's got THE doofus lawyer poster child!!

The minute he allowed Roddie to answer questions in a CNN interview, I figured Roddie was screwed. I don't CARE that Roddie is screwed but every accused is entitled to a decent defense.

AND, he chose him to be his lawyer. He has not fired him yet. I just don't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState