GA - Ahmaud Arbery, 25, jogger, fatally shot by former LEO and son, Brunswick, Feb 2020 *Arrests* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bored listening to them argue about whether they can ask jurors if they are racist or if they object to the confederate flag or perceive that flag to be racist. sigh.

Old Georgia state flag visible on the McMichael pickup truck that is visible in some body cam footage. defense worried about that image being admitted, just as they are worried about some of GM and TM's comments being admitted because god forbid we show this jury any of the evidence that GM and TM are indeed racists and that those views drove their actions that day ;)

Brian G. Buckmire
@BuckEsq
·
30m
#Greg told the officer that #Arbery was seen broken into number houses and is on video. Then a he broke into a specific house. But never tells the officers which house and no video of those houses. The. That he broke into a different house 2-3 times.

Hogue on RE-CROSS - #Greg didn’t tell them where the houses that were robbed. Officer said he just gets the initial info. That a Detective would get more info. Officer now says that the earlier agreement between Hogue & the officer is saying “stop” could have happened anywhere.

Greg never says who or where these other houses are, only mentions “the bank” who owns the construction site as a victim.

Greg said he got out of the car seat and in the trunk. They get up next to him, and yells “stop God damnit” the way #Greg tells the story there is nothing to suggest that “stop” was at the end of following #Arbery.

Corner is trying to speak with this officer. #Greg inserted himself into the conversation to tell the corner what happened. Saying he makes frequent trips into the neighborhood breaking in every 3-4 nights. No video of that.

ADA Dunikoski direct of Officer Brandenberry got stronger with every question and the re-direct was the best I’ve seen her on trial. Strong start for the #Prosecution in the against the #McMichaels and #Bryan in the death of #AhmaudArbery

Linda.jpg

Detective Parker Marcy is now on the stand being directed by Prosecutor Dunikoski.

link: https://twitter.com/BuckEsq

bored listening to them argue about whether they can ask jurors if they are racist or if they object to the confederate flag or perceive that flag to be racist. sigh.

Old Georgia state flag visible on the McMichael pickup truck that is visible in some body cam footage. defense worried about that image being admitted, just as they are worried about some of GM and TM's comments being admitted because god forbid we show this jury any of the evidence that GM and TM are indeed racists and that those views drove their actions that day ;)

I believe the Judge already ruled that the confederate flag on the plate is admissible. It's already out in public on the car so there's no reason that they cannot see it.

if AA's mental health history, possible diagnosis, etc are off limits then the proposed defense question to jurors about whether mental health drugs are overprescribed is completely inappropriate. JMO

I believe the Judge already ruled that the confederate flag on the plate is admissible. It's already out in public on the car so there's no reason that they cannot see it.
sorry, should have been more specific, watching old footage trying to get clear on what happened to get us to this jury. I missed all of the pretrial stuff so playing catch up now :p

Brian G. Buckmire
@BuckEsq
·
35m
Detective Parker Marcy is now on the stand being directed by Prosecutor Dunikoski

Travis McMichael did not ask for any medical attention when he came to speak with the detective. He only asked for alcohol swabs. Photos of #Travis are shown before and after #Ahmaud’s blood is clean off him. No bruising on #Travis, “just redding on the cheeks”.

Mark of #Travis arm “I believe it was an abrasion” the officer says when asked if it was old blood or an abrasion on his hand”.

Interview with #GregMcMichael brought into evidence. Video not going to the jury but the officer will testify as to parts of the interview (same as all the other videos).

Officer is going through what #Greg said on that day of the interview. #Greg says he’s know #WilliamBryan for years, a mechanic who lives somewhere in the neighborhood. #Greg said “I look up and I see this guy hauling *advertiser censored*.” “I’m not talking about a running, hauling *advertiser censored*”

Greg had seen 2-3 videos from #Perez and that’s how he was able to identify the person running down the street. #Greg had never seen him, heard a description, “maybe he had seen him,” saw a video of a person roaming “around in their.”

When #Greg is asked if he stole anything he says “I don’t think the guy has stollen anything out of there, maybe it was before on the video, but he keeps going back there.”

Greg was not able to tell the officer of prior times, dates or that things were stollen off a boat at anytime in relation to seeing videos of a man roaming through #Perez’ property.

Greg describes getting his gun, the difficulty of getting into the car with the car seat and chasing #Arbery. #Arbery is on the side of the road and #Greg says “stop, stop, stop” and when #Abrery puts it in “high gear” #Greg says to “cut him off, cut him off, cut him off”.

Arbery turns around ands in the other direction #Greg gets out of the truck and runs in that direction. Then he gets back in the car, this time in the back of the trunk. He can see #Arbery running down the street . #Greg confirms what roads they travelled.

Greg says #Arbery sees them, turns and starts running “that way,” to “the intersection” without saying where. #Greg says he tries to pin #Arbery the first time on Berferd (probably not spelled right).

While on the back to the truck #Greg says “stop, you know. I’ll blow your head off. I was trying to convey we weren’t playing” unsure where on Holmes road he says this. While on the back of the truck #Greg is aiming but doesn’t fire. That he hears two shots.

Greg has a hip replacement, he doesn’t jump anywhere, so he eases himself out of the truck. Goes and check #Arbery for a weapon. #Greg says that he’s calling to have the county police to check him out. No doubt in his mind who this guy was.

Says thing that was a driving factor was that his son has a missing pistol. He is sure this guy, but doesn’t know for a fact, that this guy stole the gun and has no reason to think it other than “the fact he’s been doing this *advertiser censored* over and over.”

“Yea, I had never seen this guy personally before and never saw anyone go into the truck and take the weapon”.

link: https://twitter.com/BuckEsq

Hope it occurs to the jury that Greg, being ex-LE, would have been perfectly aware AA didn't commit a crime of any kind when he went onto E's open construction site that didn't even have a no trespassing sign on it.

The fact AA hadn't in fact done anything wrong helps explain why Greg & Officer Rash stood outside late at night a few weeks earlier chatting & brainstorming to come up with one ( trespassing? prowling around?) as Travis & Perez, armed, actually *were* still prowling around E's property.

AA was trespassing in my opinion. Describing that home as a construction zone is a real stretch in my opinion. I would have never entered that home. It had personal property in it. But before anyone jumps to conclusions, the defendants were way out of line in their pursuit of AA

AA was trespassing in my opinion. Describing that home as a construction zone is a real stretch in my opinion. I would have never entered that home. It had personal property in it. But before anyone jumps to conclusions, the defendants were way out of line in their pursuit of AA

Actually, Glen County Officer Rash explicitly wrote in a police report after the Feb 11 incident, citing exact GA code, iirc, that going into the property *couldn't* be considered trespassing because of it's unfinished state of construction.

As for personal property being there. Whatever was there was in a building with no doors or windows, no alarm system, without a no trespassing sign posted, and with E's full knowledge that multiple peeps were entering onto the property, including children.

As far as I'm concerned, AA might still be alive if English had simply taken basic responsiblity for his own property instead of asking LE & his neighbors to do so for him.

Actually, Glen County Officer Rash explicitly wrote in a police report after the Feb 11 incident, citing exact GA code, iirc, that going into the property *couldn't* be considered trespassing because of it's unfinished state of construction.

As for personal property being there. Whatever was there was in a building with no doors or windows, no alarm system, without a no trespassing sign posted, and with E's full knowledge that multiple peeps were entering onto the property, including children.

As far as I'm concerned, AA might still be alive if English had simply taken basic responsiblity for his own property instead of asking LE & his neighbors to do so for him.

I have been watching on and off so maybe missed something. Didn't the DA say in her opening that sometime before the shooting LE had told one of the McMichaels that the owner of the construction site had said nothing had been stolen, that they'd seen many people inside on the CC camera and there was no problem? If yes (and there's evidence to back up her statement), all of this about Arbery going inside does not seem important to me -- at least if I was a juror it would be unimportant. JMO

I know what the law says. So Like I said, in my opinion that’s trespassing. Seeing all that personal property in there, I would never had entered. I might have gazed from the street. But there was no for sale sign. It was private property in a clear way, in my opinion. There are many ways AA could be alive today. That was a perfect storm of adults behaving badly.

I have been watching on and off so maybe missed something. Didn't the DA say in her opening that sometime before the shooting LE had told one of the McMichaels that the owner of the construction site had said nothing had been stolen, that they'd seen many people inside on the CC camera and there was no problem? If yes, all of this about Arbery going inside does not seem important to me -- at least if I was a juror it would be unimportant. JMO

What she said was that LE told Greg on the night of Feb 11, after responding to his call about (AA) being spotted near/in E's house, that English had told LE several times that nothing had been taken from his site, or, that (AA) hadn't been seen on video taking anything.

Which version wasn't clear. It's really a shame the body cam video glitched during opening.

Again, what seems pretty clear is that the MMs are going with the assertion they believed AA had stolen the electronics & gear from E's boat. And their attys have since the very beginning (probable cause hearing) alleged that English had spread it around the neighborhood back in October of the previous year that the stuff WAS stolen from his boat while at the SS property.

What Greg seems to have told the LE as the basis for his belief that AA was the thief comes down to his exaggeration about how many times he "knew" AA had gone onto E's property.

What she said was that LE told Greg on the night of Feb 11, after responding to his call about (AA) being spotted near/in E's house, that English had told LE several times that nothing had been taken from his site, or, that (AA) hadn't been seen on video taking anything.

Which version wasn't clear. It's really a shame the body cam video glitched during opening.

Again, what seems pretty clear is that the MMs are going with the assertion they believed AA had stolen the electronics & gear from E's boat. And their attys have since the very beginning (probable cause hearing) alleged that English had spread it around the neighborhood back in October of the previous year that the stuff WAS stolen from his boat while at the SS property.

What Greg seems to have told the LE as the basis for his belief that AA was the thief comes down to his exaggeration about how many times he "knew" AA had gone onto E's property.
Thank you. No basis at all for them to detain him or threaten him. This is all malarky by the defense IMO.

So I didn't follow any of the pre-trial matters. Is there a reason that this wasn't a severed trial? Or was that just not brought up?

I watched all the pretrial proceedings from the very beginning up through until the beginning of jury selection. The question of severance wasn't discussed in open court, though it's possible I missed a reference by one or more of the parties that it was under consideration or some such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SPACECAT89