GUILTY GA - Ahmaud Arbery, 25, jogger, fatally shot by former LEO and son, Brunswick, Feb 2020 *Arrests* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good.

This was a very difficult case to follow because it's so horrifying. The worst part is that these three probably still don't think they did anything wrong.

Oh well, so sad. Enjoy prison!

MOO
I agree. This was a difficult case to follow. Lots of crimes are horrible, but this one was just over the top. Especially since there was video. It was all just so senseless.

So glad these criminals racism was finally exposed! Ahmaud's only crime was jogging while black. And I agree with the poster above who wanted to know why English didn't secure his property with fencing and no trespassing signs. He was inviting trouble, but Ahmaud was probably just interested in the progress of the construction- like me waiting for them to finish building my local Starbuck's. We check on that construction almost daily. Maybe Ahmaud wanted to buy a house in the neighborhood. I still think that it would be fitting for BLM to hold a run through Satilla Shores.

I think there have been runs through this neighborhood. Another one (2.23 miles) will be run again tomorrow. (In Georgia, Feb. 23 is now Ahmaud Arbery Day.)

(Announced at the press conference today)Tomorrow at 1PM, they are doing a releasing of Mr. Arbery's spirit where he was killed in Satilla Shores. I was really heartened to hear that this was the plan. Today, his mom said that he would begin to "Rest in Power" and I think the ceremony tomorrow (as well as GA celebrating The Ahmaud Arbery Day) is a sign that his soul can truly rest.

I think there have been runs through this neighborhood. Another one (2.23 miles) will be run again tomorrow. (In Georgia, Feb. 23 is now Ahmaud Arbery Day.)

(Announced at the press conference today)Tomorrow at 1PM, they are doing a releasing of Mr. Arbery's spirit where he was killed in Satilla Shores. I was really heartened to hear that this was the plan. Today, his mom said that he would begin to "Rest in Power" and I think the ceremony tomorrow (as well as GA celebrating The Ahmaud Arbery Day) is a sign that his soul can truly rest.
BBM

Ahmaud’s family has taken the high road throughout their ordeal. I hope they find peace and continue to Live in Power.

The racism, so proudly displayed by these murderers, was obvious to the jury and they didn’t have to deliberate very long at all to come to the right decision. They’ve sent a powerful message to those who feel that any person is “less than.”

This thrills me to hear that. It hasn't gotten national attention. The people of Satilla Shores need to realize that it's okay for anyone to run through their neighborhood and that doesn't mean that someone committed a crime, and if a burglary occurs, the proper thing to do is to call the regular police, not neighborhood vigilantes.

BBM

Ahmaud’s family has taken the high road throughout their ordeal. I hope they find peace and continue to Live in Power.

The racism, so proudly displayed by these murderers, was obvious to the jury and they didn’t have to deliberate very long at all to come to the right decision. They’ve sent a powerful message to those who feel that any person is “less than.”
The logic of their attorneys was stupid. If someone holds racist beliefs, you don't just turn them off in a situation. Obviously it affected their actions. They didn't go after the white couple who checked out English's house.

So - I haven't seen any sentencing dates - how about you?

[...]

When will sentencing be held?
There is not yet a hard date set in stone for sentencing, but there are guidelines in place to make sure it happens fairly promptly.

There is first a 14-day period in which lawyers will be able to file post-trial motions, then the court conducts a pre-sentencing interview.

At that point, likely sometime in mid-March, sentencing would occur.

[...]

When is sentencing for Ahmaud Arbery killers in hate crimes trial | 11alive.com

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Isla_lei