Found Deceased GA - Alexis Crawford, 21, Clark Atlanta University student, Atlanta, 30 Oct 2019 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well dang - I can't access the court site anymore....

I had Grand jury hearing on 2/10 - but I see that they got indicted. And wonder if their court hearing will still be on 2/10 - can someone here following this case try the link I have in my post #234 - and look up the next court dates?

TIA! :)

@Niner
I just clicked the link and got an error that the specified URL can’t be found.

Hi! Maybe you can google the Fulton County court site - and get a better link? TIA! :) Appreciate your help on this!

Happy to help, though this is foreign to me (good to learn new things!!)! Here is what I’ve gathered. Hope this is helpful!

He was indicted 1/31 on 7 charges, the same six for which Jones was indicted and an additional count of aggravated sodomy. I’m attaching the first page of the indictment but you have to pay for the rest (a *digital* public record?!) so I don’t have the rest.

He is still due in court next on 2/10 (see pasted info below).

Barron Renwick Brantley
Case Number 20SC174703

01/31/2020 CRIMINAL INDICTMENT

02/10/2020 COMPLAINT ROOM GRAND JURY
Hearing Time 9:30 AM
Comment
RESET FROM 11/22/19 PRELIMINARY HEARING HELD 11/22/19

Attachments

• A6F44A54-C146-4ABA-B515-AD2ABBFA3FCD.png
    A6F44A54-C146-4ABA-B515-AD2ABBFA3FCD.png
    401.6 KB · Views: 15
Happy to help, though this is foreign to me (good to learn new things!!)! Here is what I’ve gathered. Hope this is helpful!

He was indicted 1/31 on 7 charges, the same six for which Jones was indicted and an additional count of aggravated sodomy. I’m attaching the first page of the indictment but you have to pay for the rest (a *digital* public record?!) so I don’t have the rest.

He is still due in court next on 2/10 (see pasted info below).

Barron Renwick Brantley
Case Number 20SC174703

Comment
RESET FROM 11/22/19 PRELIMINARY HEARING HELD 11/22/19

Thanks a bunch!! Very much appreciated. Can I ask you to copy/paste Jones' hearing like you did above for Brantley? I just want to see if their case #s are the same & they both have the same hearing date. TIA! :)

@Niner
Here ya go. :) It is the same case # and she’s also due back in court 2/10.
#JusticeforAlexis

The State of Georgia VS JORDYN ANGEL-MARIE JONES

Case Number 20SC174703

Comment
RESET FROM 11/22/19 PRELIMINARY HEARING WAIVED 11/22/19

02/10/2020 PLEA AND ARRAIGNMENT
Comment
INITIAL APPEARANCE P&A

Sorry, new to the site, will there be a new thread for Brantley and Jones' hearings tomorrow?

Hi Jenny, and welcome!! This same thread will be updated with all info, so if you have updates post them here! Or if you are awaiting updates then be sure to watch this thread! There is a link at the top right of the thread to “watch thread” — at least on mobile. It may be a bit different on desktop. Hope this helps, just let us know if you need more info!

Monday, February 10th:
*Plea & Arraignment Hearing for both (@ 9:30am ET) – GA – Alexis Janae Crawford (21) (last seen Oct. 30, 2019, Atlanta @ Clark Atlanta University; reported missing 11/1/19; found dead (11/8/19) in Exchange Park in Decatur in DeKalb County off of Columbia Drive. Police said they were led to her body by Jones.) - *Jordyn Jones (21) (roommate) arrested (11/9/19), charged (11/11/19) & indicted (1/31/20) with felony malice murder & indicted (2/1/20) with murder, felony murder, aggravated assault, false imprisonment & concealing the death of another. Held without bond (bond denied 11/21/19).
*Barron Renwick Brantley (21) (BF of roommate) – arrested (11/9/19) & charged (11/11/19) with felony malice murder & indicted (1/31/20) with murder, felony murder, aggravated assault, false imprisonment, concealing the death of another & aggravated sodomy stemming from the sexual assault prior to her disappearance. Held without bond. (bond denied 11/21/19).
Crawford filed a police report on Oct. 27 in regard to Jones' boyfriend, alleging unwanted kissing & touching by him. Both allegedly confessed.
11/21/19: for both: Bond hearing on 11/21 & preliminary hearing on 11/22. The judge ruled that while "Ms. Jones would appear to be an appropriate candidate for bond" she was denying it because she had been persuaded Jones might "not return to the jurisdiction for trial in this matter & that she may pose a significant risk of intimidating witnesses or obstructing the administration of this case." A judge denied Jones bond, in part basing that decision on the possibility that Jones "may in fact have engaged in the ultimate intimidation of witnesses." No information on Brantley’s bond.
11/22/19 Update: In court Friday, the lead Detective Michael Young in the case took the stand & described in detail how a fight between the two roommates turned deadly. Investigators said it was Jones who led them to Crawford’s body, and that she admitted she dumped the body in a park with the help of Brantley. When police questioned Brantley, he told them he didn’t kill Crawford. He said Jones did because when he was choking Crawford, Jones grabbed a plastic bag and put it over her friend’s face. So far, there has been no rape charges filed. A judge ruled probable cause for Brantley's case to proceed forward towards a trial; goes to Grand Jury on 2/1/20. Jones waived her hearing, and so will also move forward. Both denied bond.
2/1/20 Update: Grand Jury indicted: Jones was charged with murder, felony murder, aggravated assault, false imprisonment & concealing the death of another. Brantley was charged with the same, plus an additional charge of aggravated sodomy stemming from the sexual assault prior to her disappearance. The rape kit administered on Crawford prior to her disappearance tested positive for Brantley’s semen. Next Plea & Arraignment hearing on 2/10/20.

Found this Feb 12, 2020 article interesting.rbbm.
Psychologist examines signs of betrayal leading up to the murder of Alexis Crawford
''People who knew the young ladies tell CBS46 that their personalities were different and that some warning signs may have been overlooked that there was a bed of anger and hatred underneath the smiles.

Licensed clinical psychologist Dr. Sherry Blake has looked into the murder case and does not believe Jones was a true friend to Crawford.

"A lot of times what we see as a psychologist is what I call a love-hate relationship," Dr. Blake said. "They may love the person on the surface. They may care about them on the surface, but there is a lot of resentment. There is a lot of anger. There is a lot of stuff underneath that many people never see, and I think that is what is happening in this case," she added.''

"There is no indication of remorse that I can see," Dr. Blake said. "No indication of any empathy...What it suggests to me is there is a lot of anger. There is a lot of stuff that we may not [have] even considered what’s going on with Jordyn," she continued.

''Were there signs along the way? What clues were overlooked that betrayal and possibly murder was on the horizon?''

One of Alexis' close friends wrote on Facebook:

“Alexis trusted you even after I’ve told her for 3 years straight not to. She stuck by your side through everything you’ve put her through...“You gave her so many red flags of why you could not be trusted."

"I think this case is going to be very painful but I think it is going to be a rude lesson and an eye-opener for young college students, young females everywhere," Blake said.

Found this Feb 12, 2020 article interesting.rbbm.
Psychologist examines signs of betrayal leading up to the murder of Alexis Crawford
''People who knew the young ladies tell CBS46 that their personalities were different and that some warning signs may have been overlooked that there was a bed of anger and hatred underneath the smiles.

Licensed clinical psychologist Dr. Sherry Blake has looked into the murder case and does not believe Jones was a true friend to Crawford.

"A lot of times what we see as a psychologist is what I call a love-hate relationship," Dr. Blake said. "They may love the person on the surface. They may care about them on the surface, but there is a lot of resentment. There is a lot of anger. There is a lot of stuff underneath that many people never see, and I think that is what is happening in this case," she added.''

"There is no indication of remorse that I can see," Dr. Blake said. "No indication of any empathy...What it suggests to me is there is a lot of anger. There is a lot of stuff that we may not [have] even considered what’s going on with Jordyn," she continued.

''Were there signs along the way? What clues were overlooked that betrayal and possibly murder was on the horizon?''

One of Alexis' close friends wrote on Facebook:

“Alexis trusted you even after I’ve told her for 3 years straight not to. She stuck by your side through everything you’ve put her through...“You gave her so many red flags of why you could not be trusted."

"I think this case is going to be very painful but I think it is going to be a rude lesson and an eye-opener for young college students, young females everywhere," Blake said.
I’d love to know what those 3 years of red flags were- I think those real-world examples are the only thing that can turn something like this into a true eye-opener. Jmo. I hope those things are revealed so we can all learn. RIP Alexis.

Since I can't access the court site - I'm going to post this - that way I can shorten it up a bit. Maybe they will have a video conference....

Monday, March 30th:
*Plea & Arraignment Hearing for both (@ 9:30am ET) – GA – Alexis Janae Crawford (21) (last seen Oct. 30, 2019, Atlanta @ Clark Atlanta University; reported missing 11/1/19; found dead (11/8/19) in Exchange Park in Decatur in DeKalb County off of Columbia Drive. Police said they were led to her body by Jones.) - *Jordyn Jones (21) (roommate) arrested (11/9/19), charged (11/11/19), indicted (1/31/20) & arraigned (2/10/20) with felony malice murder & indicted (2/1/20) with murder, felony murder, aggravated assault, false imprisonment & concealing the death of another. Plead not guilty. Held without bond (bond denied 11/21/19).
*Barron Renwick Brantley (21) (BF of roommate) – arrested (11/9/19), charged (11/11/19), indicted (1/31/20) & arraigned (2/10/20) with felony malice murder & indicted (1/31/20) with murder, felony murder, aggravated assault, false imprisonment, concealing the death of another & aggravated sodomy stemming from the sexual assault prior to her disappearance. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. (bond denied 11/21/19).
Crawford filed a police report on Oct. 27 in regard to Jones' boyfriend, alleging unwanted kissing & touching by him. Both allegedly confessed.
Court info from 11/21/19 thru 11/22/19 reference post #250 here:
Found Deceased - GA - Alexis Crawford, 21, Clark Atlanta University student, Atlanta, 30 Oct 2019 *arrest*

2/1/20 Update: Grand Jury indicted: Jones was charged with murder, felony murder, aggravated assault, false imprisonment & concealing the death of another. Brantley was charged with the same, plus an additional charge of aggravated sodomy stemming from the sexual assault prior to her disappearance. The rape kit administered on Crawford prior to her disappearance tested positive for Brantley’s semen. Next Plea & Arraignment hearing on 2/10/20.
2/10/20 Update: Both entered 'not guilty' pleas and waived arraignment. Jones is represented by former Atlanta City Attorney Clifford Hardwick IV. He asked for all evidence in the case be made available in the next six weeks. Brantley is being represented by the Fulton County Public Defender's Office. His attorney asked for evidence to be handed over as well. Brantley and Jones are scheduled to appear in court again on Mar. 30.

@natesma - could I bother you to see if these 2 still have their hearing on 3/30?

Hope you & yours are staying healthy!

Sorry @Niner, I just saw this today, and am having a difficult time retracing my steps finding their court info. I know the date has now passed, but I’ll keep trying!

We are doing alright so far, thank you. I hope you and yours are also doing well!

Sorry @Niner, I just saw this today, and am having a difficult time retracing my steps finding their court info. I know the date has now passed, but I’ll keep trying!

We are doing alright so far, thank you. I hope you and yours are also doing well!

Well - I know you got in there twice already - so hope you find your in! :D

I am doing good over here - staying healthy and staying in.

@natesma - hope all is going well with you health wise & social distancing stuff! All is good here.

Was wondering if you found your way back to the court site? And if there might be a next court date for these 2? TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-002.gif

I’d love to know what those 3 years of red flags were- I think those real-world examples are the only thing that can turn something like this into a true eye-opener. Jmo. I hope those things are revealed so we can all learn. RIP Alexis.
If they stick to their not guilty pleas then all that stuff will come out in court.

Bumping up for @natesma - ?? I see you haven't been for about a week - maybe you'll peak in?

or I do "see" @dotr - can you access Fulton County?
Case #20SC174703 for Jordyn Angel-Marie Jones and
Case #20SC174703 for Barron Renwick Brantley

Last hearing was Plea & Arraignment hearing for both on 3/30.

and here's some freshly baked cookies while you look...
animated-smileys-housekeeping-007.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back