Found Deceased GA - Alvin Rowson Ahmed, 25, Loganville, 16 Jul 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That makes perfect sense to me, I'm sure they have way more evidence that they haven't shared or the would not have ruled it suicide. I read somewhere that in his religion it is very taboo to commit suicide so that along with your post made it clear to me. Thank you :)

I have seen cases where someone commits suicide and stages it like a kidnapping/murder before, but knowing how perfectionist/orderly he supposedly is, it is strange to me that he didn’t fold up his pharmasict coat that he left in the car. I feel like even though he was possibly staging it to be in disarray, it would have been too habit for him not to fold it. Definitely could be wrong on this, but that’s just bugging me for some reason. I’m guessing he didn’t wear his pharmacist coat to prevent identification/make it less likely to be noticed on his way to the lake/pond?

Did someone help him with this? From what I understand, the area is fairly busy with lots of businesses and I would think cameras would be pretty common. If he was not seen walking away/toward the pond, did someone drive him there? I’m going to look at a map.

All IMOO

Okay just looked at map - it’s over 3 miles walking. So that’s a long time to think on the walk, and possibly be seen if his family looked for him as soon as he was supposed to be home with the groceries. Unless he was in a car. So was he taken there against his will or did someone help him? Or did he somehow evade anyone seeing him on his walk along a busy highway with lots of buisinesses and then through a neighborhood? It was still a little light out at that time I think too.

IMOO

This is the only part that doesn't make sense to me... The rest screams suicide (and this was my thought from the very beginning). Reminds me of Teleka Patrick. High-achieving, described as 'perfect' by his family and friends. Graduated early...busy studying for exams and if he doesn't pass...all that schooling (and tons of loans I'm assuming) will be all for not. So much pressure. Keeping up with the perfect image everyone has of you...What if he failed? What would they think then? Makes me sad to think about him having those thoughts.

Also the story he told his managers about the kids outside harassing him prior to the shift...I have two thoughts. First off.. He's at the right after for schizophrenia to set in. More likely though...he didn't want his family to think he'd kill himself so he bought the groceries and made up the story to tell his managers. He possibility staged his own homicide. If he didn't purchase the gun in his own name...it might've worked. This breaks my heart.
I totally agree, also, if there is suicide any life insurance he or his parents have on him is null and void. The chance that a robber would have the exact same model firearm AND bullets is beyond improbable. Plus even if they had the same model the bullet fragments are very telling. One of the specifications that a firearm is manufactured with is a characteristic known as rifling, which refers to the spiral lands and grooves placed into the firearm's barrel to impart a spin on the bullet for accuracy. Manufacturers use various cutting, swaging and electrolytic processes to introduce rifling into a barrel, and these processes, as well as others used in the finishing of a firearm, MAKE EACH BARREL UNIQUE. A barrel will produce individual markings in addition to a bullet's land and groove impressions as the bullet passes through, and it is these unique markings that an examiner evaluates to determine whether a given bullet was fired from a particular firearm. This can be done with framents not just a whole bullet.

I think they need more than just the fact it was his gun/bullets to determine suicide. There‘s always a chance he got killed with his own gun. Probably the path of the bullet, entry wound, fingerprints on weapon or something else led them to believe it was suicide.

Just checking in here and stunned by this turn of events. Since it is such a busy area, there must be video of him walking to the lake, if that is what happened, right?

How heartbreaking for his family. The brother's posts on Alvin's FB are so sad. :(

This is the only part that doesn't make sense to me... The rest screams suicide (and this was my thought from the very beginning). Reminds me of Teleka Patrick. High-achieving, described as 'perfect' by his family and friends. Graduated early...busy studying for exams and if he doesn't pass...all that schooling (and tons of loans I'm assuming) will be all for not. So much pressure. Keeping up with the perfect image everyone has of you...What if he failed? What would they think then? Makes me sad to think about him having those thoughts.

Also the story he told his managers about the kids outside harassing him prior to the shift...I have two thoughts. First off.. He's at the right after for schizophrenia to set in. More likely though...he didn't want his family to think he'd kill himself so he bought the groceries and made up the story to tell his managers. He possibility staged his own homicide. If he didn't purchase the gun in his own name...it might've worked. This breaks my heart.
Can you tell me how DNA can be inconclusive? His brother posted that the are now waiting for bone marrow because DNA was inconclusive.

I don't know a lot about DNA so I thought I would ask the experts here. Does anyone know how this would be possible ?

From article...
Police: Pharmacy intern staged suicide to seem like murder

Ahmed left behind clues, including data from a cell phone app indicating he staged his disappearance to seem suspicious, according to police.

“The phone data contained a note which indicated that Mr. Ahmed staged certain elements of the case to cast suspicion that he had been murdered,” Cpl. Michele Pihera said in an emailed statement.

The same note also spelled out the details of Ahmed’s final night, including the groceries he bought and his plan to turn off his watch and phone, discard them at a nearby restaurant, Atmosphere Bar and Grill, and walk to Lake Carlton, about two 2 miles from the Publix where he worked.

Though we suspected this very thing... It's still so heartbreaking that he felt this way. He had his whole life ahead of him. Rest easy, Alvin. You have left behind a bundle of broken hearts but hopefully you have found peace for yourself. :(

Ahmed's phone has not been located, his brother said late Wednesday. The two-sentence note was found in a "reminders" app and could have been typed on the phone or through a web browser, Kalvin Ahmed said.

Alvin Ahmed was last seen July 16 after leaving the Loganville grocery store where he worked as a pharmacy intern. After working his shift, Ahmed had purchased a few groceries to take to his mother, according to his family, but he never made it home. His car, with the groceries and white pharmacy coat inside, was in the grocery store parking lot.
Police also said Wednesday that Ahmed was seen on security video at three different locations the night he went missing, including Publix at about 9:14 p.m. At 10:06 p.m., a person appearing to be Ahmed was seen walking alone on a security camera at Atmosphere Bar and Grill. Ahmed’s phone stopped communicating with the cell phone tower covering the area at the same time, indicating it had been turned off.

At 10:30 p.m., a private home security camera recorded a person that appeared to be Ahmed walking alone toward Lake Carlton, police said.

“There is no credible evidence that the case was a homicide,” Pihera said.

The Ahmed family asked for privacy Wednesday. But in a statement to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Kalvin Ahmed said his family will always have questions.

What a strange story, but the evidence seems pretty solid. I hope his family can find peace.

What a strange story, but the evidence seems pretty solid. I hope his family can find peace.

I’m having trouble imagining why this young man with such a promising future felt the need to commit suicide, let alone stage his own suicide. (Although reasons for suicide might include emerging mental illness, lost love, fear of facing something exceptionally painful are possibilities.) Perhaps he thought it would be easier for his family to accept he was murdered rather than committed suicide? Once he decided to commit suicide, it would seem to me that there would be little left of his emotional energy to come up with a scheme to make it look like a murder. But it looks like he did just that. I always imagined the last few days of someone who has decided to commit suicide would be full of either (or both) anger at someone or something, or just the overpowering desire to leave this world because it seemed too painful to go on. At the moment, also having trouble coming up with other cases where someone staged their own suicide. There are plenty of cases of murderers staging the scene to make it look like a suicide occurred, but I can’t think of any cases of staged suicide.

Fellow Sleuthers, can you help?

I’m having trouble imagining why this young man with such a promising future felt the need to commit suicide, let alone stage his own suicide. (Although reasons for suicide might include emerging mental illness, lost love, fear of facing something exceptionally painful are possibilities.) Perhaps he thought it would be easier for his family to accept he was murdered rather than committed suicide? Once he decided to commit suicide, it would seem to me that there would be little left of his emotional energy to come up with a scheme to make it look like a murder. But it looks like he did just that. I always imagined the last few days of someone who has decided to commit suicide would be full of either (or both) anger at someone or something, or just the overpowering desire to leave this world because it seemed too painful to go on. At the moment, also having trouble coming up with other cases where someone staged their own suicide. There are plenty of cases of murderers staging the scene to make it look like a suicide occurred, but I can’t think of any cases of staged suicide.

Fellow Sleuthers, can you help?

Rita Maze. Her death still doesn't make sense to me, but the final determination was that she staged her suicide to look like she had been abducted and murdered. She even called her husband and daughter crying saying she was hit on the head by a large man and locked in the trunk of her car. But forensics apparently showed she drove to another state, climbed into the trunk of her own car and shot herself in the stomach/chest.
That thread was where I learned that people sometimes try to stage their suicides to look like murder. Sometimes it's so that their family can collect insurance money but I think it's more commonly due to a psychological need to not want their family to know they committed suicide. I think it's more common for suicidal people to go someplace to hide hoping that their body will not be found and evidence will be gone when it is found. And people also hide in order to make sure it's not their family who finds them.
Found Deceased - MT - Rita Maze, 47, Wolf Creek, 6 Sept 2016 #2

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
culley2821
Back