GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Giving some thought to the leg wound. Wondering what the trajectory was on the shot that hit the baby and whether it was a through and through. Meaning the bullet that wounded mom's leg was the same that traveled through little guy's skull :(

This whole thing is just awful and odd and puzzling. Hoping LE can figure this all out quickly, this has got to cause quite a bit of fear in the community I imagine.

This is a case of "this is SO unbelievable that it IS believable."
I certainly see ways that the mother could be involved, but there is definitely other suspect(s) as well.
Some things are just not possible due to physics. Mom committing this crime alone is not possible.

Why do you say that Shelby? Was there an arrest?

I thought I read above that two were in custody? Maybe I mis-read? :blushing: Going back to look.

Edited to say I mis-read--it is not confirmed. Sorry everyone, that's what I get for speed reading.

Yep tl - I've mentioned that ballistics will (and are) shedding light on all this. Especially the trajectory of the leg wound - along with gs residue (if any) on mom's hands. And I've also thought about a "through and through" wound into mom's leg. Although, I think, mom said there were 2 shots. But a woman standing behind, or next to a stroller, her upper leg is right at about the same level as a toddler's head sitting in the stroller.

Hope we get some more news soon.

JMHO

not enough info to decide where I land on this one yet. The circumstances as described by the mother seem hinky but witnesses heard the shots, rushed outside immediately so somebody shot at mother and child.

If mom is lying then its about not knowing who the assailants were and why they shot at her and baby. MOO

Not saying I think she is lying, just saying the story as told does nto make a lot of sense to me. Could very well be true, its just very unusual IMO for teenage boys to attempt to rob a woman and then shoot a baby in the head, shoot the woman in the leg. If anyone was gonna be killed, I would have expected the adult, verbal witness to be, not the less verbal baby.

Just sayin

Unless...the boys were thinking revenge...not about witnesses. No matter what this is so sad

I thought I read above that two were in custody? Maybe I mis-read? :blushing: Going back to look.

Edited to say I mis-read--it is not confirmed. Sorry everyone, that's what I get for speed reading.

That's why I was not ready to join you for dinner!

Would LE not have already checked mom & dad for GSR ?
probably - and also I'm wondering if they found the casings at the scene. If there were casings at the scene, then the shooting happened right there. Who would shoot their child in the head and then themselves in the leg right out in the open, in the middle of the sidewalk, in broad daylight? LE is keeping a lot of details close to the vest.

But,
It ain't fittin'
I just ain't fittin'

JMHO

Would LE not have already checked mom & dad for GSR ?

you would think! I havent seen anything yet where they have done those tests or poly? maybe its too early for the poly but they should check the GSR

Looking at the photos at Elly Mae's link, there is a picture of the stroller with little yellow number tags around it. Looks like that's where they maybe found casings.

m1CrdNw.jpg

It's so sad to see a baby stroller in the middle of the crime scene. :(

probably - and also I'm wondering if they found the casings at the scene. If there were casings at the scene, then the shooting happened right there. Who would shoot their child in the head and then themselves in the leg right out in the open, in the middle of the sidewalk, in broad daylight? LE is keeping a lot of details close to the vest.

But,
It ain't fittin'
I just ain't fittin'

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics